[BOOK SPOILERS] What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions

WinterKing

To me it seems that if a name is mentioned, then it is in some way relevant, so:

Shireen mentions Bran the builder and King Durran being in the crypts before being cut off, and earlier on the old lady tells Sansa "you still have friends in the north," referring to houses still loyal to the starks. . . . but perhaps Bran isn't in the crypts, and is actually the Night's King, the "friend" coming to help the Starks (army of the dead).

Daenerys feeding people to dragons and saying "if I gave everyone what they deserved I'd have no one left to rule," and Aemon saying "a Targaryen alone in the world is a terrible thing" could ironically be foreshadowing that she will go crazy and burn down Westeros when she gets there (as it is Targaryen tradition to conquer/seek glory).

And then take it one step further: the Others are coming to protect the north from Daenerys, but the rest of Westeros will burn.

To me it seems that if a name is mentioned, then it is in some way relevant, so:

Shireen mentions Bran the builder and King Durran being in the crypts before being cut off, and earlier on the old lady tells Sansa "you still have friends in the north," referring to houses still loyal to the starks. . . . but perhaps Bran isn't in the crypts, and is actually the Night's King, the "friend" coming to help the Starks (army of the dead).

Daenerys feeding people to dragons and saying "if I gave everyone what they deserved I'd have no one left to rule," and Aemon saying "a Targaryen alone in the world is a terrible thing" could ironically be foreshadowing that she will go crazy and burn down Westeros when she gets there (as it is Targaryen tradition to conquer/seek glory).

And then take it one step further: the Others are coming to protect the north from Daenerys, but the rest of Westeros will burn.

BtB=tLH=tNK=AA!

Reaction to Melisandre leaving: Unsullied said Jon's probably like: "Hallefuckinlujah she's gone. Doesn't she know I only do real gingers?"

Dragons and the Meereen Masters: "Gee thanks mom, you made us dinner!" and "That one likes his dinner toasted."

Stone men: -lots of incoherent shrieking and OH MY GODDDD- or maybe that was me because damn creepy scene, but I digress.

Jorah going through Valyria at all: "WHY???" To which my answer was, because he's a fuckin moron. "Oh sure we'll go this way to avoid the pirates who we may or may not run into anyway and let's go through the Smoking Sea where everyone and their mother knows the Stone Men hang out. I'm sure nothing can possibly go wrong. This is the best statistically likely option of getting to Mereen in one piece......."

honestly though I feel my reactions were the loudest since my jaw was dropped all through the winterfell scenes, snickering at Sansa's how do you like that face when Roose told Ramsey he would be having a brother soon, shaking my head at the Chekov Olly set-up rampant in this episode, sighing wistfully at the lost screen time spent on Grey Worm/Missandei as per usual, cheering at the Stannis, praising the heavens that Shireen won't be left at the Wall alone with her mother and/or Melisandre :bowdown: , wtf-ing at Jorah's sailing course, screaming at the Stone men, etc. IT WAS RIGHT THERE GODDAMIT WHEN THE DRAGON FLEW OVERHEAD HOLY CRAP //ramble

honestly though I feel my reactions were the loudest since my jaw was dropped all through the winterfell scenes, snickering at Sansa's how do you like that face when Roose told Ramsey he would be having a brother soon, shaking my head at the Chekov Olly set-up rampant in this episode, sighing wistfully at the lost screen time spent on Grey Worm/Missandei as per usual, cheering at the Stannis, praising the heavens that Shireen won't be left at the Wall alone with her mother and/or Melisandre :bowdown: , wtf-ing at Jorah's sailing course, screaming at the Stone men, etc. IT WAS RIGHT THERE GODDAMIT WHEN THE DRAGON FLEW OVERHEAD HOLY CRAP //ramble

Point of thread not understood.

Point of thread not understood.

Point of thread understood above said pointed out section. I wasn't aware it was somehow a sin to add extra information, if slightly off-topic.

My sister

Meereen:Missandei and Grey Worm was touching.Dany is turning into Mad Queen and she'll go crazy on everyone from now on.There is something fishy about Daario and Hizdar(I kinda agree there).There is something wrong with them.They way they looked at each other and stuff.Daario is a sellsword and she wouldn't be suprised,if he's the one to betray Dany at some point...and dragons are amazing and the whole CGI stuff........Yeah,it's glorious.

Winterfell:She loved the whole "awkward dinner table" and was laughing throught the scene.She remembers that Theon didn't murder Starks boys when he admitted that to Boltons in previous season.Wedding is gonna be sick event and she's terrifying to even entertain that idea of Ramsay/Sansa being married and bedding ceremony................She's not the only one thinking that.

The Wall:Stannis can be funny guy(fewer and stuff).Jon is dancing on some mighty thin ice there.Olly will do something bad to Jon and he's annoying.See D&D...even my sister thought that.It's just painfully obvious which has got my sister thinking,there is gonna be some twist or she'll be majorly dissapointed.

Stone men/Jorah/Tyrion/Valyria:She liked their convo.Poor Ser Friendzone.Jorah needs to get his ass to Dany and she'll have him treated,like Stannis did with Shireen.Thy need to make a peace between themselves,since Ser Old is dead.....She's calling him Ser Old.

She's badly missing Arya and Cersei.

Well, I know my dad will be happy Grey Worm is OK. He didn't seem to care about Barristan, which made me want to shout a dramatic "Why?"

My sister asked about why he was Barristan the Bold, so I explained how he earned the nickname. She loved it. She was tickled at Rhaegal and Viserion ripping the guy in half, made a Mortal Kombat joke with it. And she actually did understand the whole point of Dany marrying HIzdahr. I'm kind of proud of her on that one.

She's getting bad feelings about Olly, and laughed when Gilly fled. She also really doesn't like Shireen going with Stannis and his army. I don't either come to think of it. I never loved the theories of Mel sacrificing Shireen, but now we're both afraid that'll happen. She also asked if the Wildings will follow Tormund, and I told her they'd be more likely to follow him than some others.

She wasn't too big on the Winterfell scenes, though we both agreed that Myranda will probably be gone by the end of the season. We're also both afraid for Walda, with as crazy as Ramsay is, and their child being a threat to him.

The best part though was clearly the Stone Men. She and I loved the music and setting, and I had shown her on the episode preview that was posted a few days ago with the Stone Man standing up in the last few seconds, so she really wanted to see this. I told her looked like Jorah would be taking JonCon's place, and that final shot of his greyscale was totally awesome. She asked if Tyrion has greyscale, and I told her there's a theory going around that Tyrion swallowed so much river water he may have it on the inside and not know it. She now wholeheartedly subscribes to that theory.

My wife (who hates the show) was sitting on the couch on her phone as I was watching. The scene with Ramsay and Miranda, she looks up at the naked Miranda and says "Oh great now he's going to rape her."

She looks down at her phone, doesn't listen at all, and looks back up to see them having sex and she says, "See, I told you."

This is the depth to which D&D have destroyed this world. People who only see bits and pieces expect the sexual exploitation is going to happen.

Boss is convinced Varys is a Targ and can't tell me why he thinks that.

He thinks Varys set Tyrion up since he has/had a working relationship with Jorah.

He thinks Stannis is going to be king, and hates both his wife and the red woman.

He thinks Olly is fully with Jon... yeah really.

He wants more of "Dany's interpreter"... he really likes her...

Can't wait to hear what my son says. He just a show watcher also.

I've been watching this season with my dad, but my mom wants to wait so she can binge watch the season.

My dad doesn't usually say too much during an episode, but he did seem exasperated when it looked like it was going to end with Tyrion getting dragged down by the stoneman. He also feels bad for Jorah.

The Unsullied I watch with gave this episode a great big collective yawn. I haven't mentioned the whole R+L=J theory to them they didn't pick up on last episode's Harrenhal info-dump, but weirdly enough in the Library scene with Aemon she turned to me after he said, "A lone Targaryan in the world..." and there was a conspicuous shot of Jon, she asked if Jon was a Targaryan. Of course another Unsullied spoke up immediately and was like, "No... He's a Stark!"

My friend made the point that it was odd for Kal Drogo to die from a little (self inflicted) scratch and yet Grey Worm gets a half dozen stab wounds and essentially is just on Bed Rest the next day.

Lastly no one knew why I got so damned angry at Ed for speaking up against Jon. Personally I think that puts him and Olly and the top of the list of people who will be the daggers in the dark.

Stone men/Jorah/Tyrion/Valyria:She liked their convo.Poor Ser Friendzone.Jorah needs to get his ass to Dany and she'll have him treated,like Stannis did with Shireen.Thy need to make a peace between themselves,since Ser Old is dead.....She's calling him Ser Old.

She's badly missing Arya and Cersei.

Very perceptive of your sister - almost like GRRM's "Ser Grandfather", except GRRM's connotes great affection - not sure about your sister? Anyway, I'm with her totally when it comes to missing Arya.

I miss Cersei from a primarily ill will standpoint - I'm looking forward to her demise and to her shame at having to do the naked walk thing (I'm so mean, but, after all, she's been so mean to so many - and TBH I'm mainly more anti-Cersei now because I want to see the QoT take her down. Here's to Olenna!

My wife (who hates the show) was sitting on the couch on her phone as I was watching. The scene with Ramsay and Miranda, she looks up at the naked Miranda and says "Oh great now he's going to rape her."

She looks down at her phone, doesn't listen at all, and looks back up to see them having sex and she says, "See, I told you."

This is the depth to which D&D have destroyed this world. People who only see bits and pieces expect the sexual exploitation is going to happen.

Meh, I can't be bothered to concern myself too much with the opinions of people who can't be bothered to glance at more than a couple scenes taken out of context. So she's just not into the series, that's no big deal. She's not even wrong about Ramsay's character, just that one particular scene.

I'm more interested in what people who are actually watching it have to say. :(

Just to contradict all the unsullied who seem to be bored... My own mother has only recently become invested in the story and thinks this episode was the best so far. She started asking me questions about stuff that happened in previous seasons. There are a lot of call backs to things that were mentioned or happened previously, and she really wants to go back and rewatch the series to catch all the things she missed.

She thinks Jon is in trouble, that he is probably too young and naive to be a good Lord Commander.

She thinks Dany made a good decision in marrying Lorax to try and appease people in the city. She's also happy that Dany seems to be thinking for herself, out of necessity now more than anything else.

She cannot stand to watch the Boltons, especially whenever Ramsay and Theon are on screen together. I don't blame her.

I know we didn't have any King's Landing stuff this week, but she thought Margaery was foolish to antagonize Cersei that way and thinks she is playing with fire. I said that Cersei was the one playing with fire with respect to arming the faith, but I think she thought I was talking about the feud with the Tyrell family in particular.

My brother was not crazy about the episode. He hates the whole Ramsay / Reek story, so he griped through all of that. He hates seeing Sansa now because she is simply in the same place as Ramsay. He laughed out loud at the mention of a candle in the window as a call for help and said she needed a Bat phone.

He loves Stannis so he liked that part. He got a chuckle at how mad Mel looked at Jon when she was getting on her horse. He said she was definitely not a woman to scorn.

He thought the wall story line was a bit repetitive and the whole Grey worm scene was repetitive. He liked Dany siccing her dragons on the masters. He said well if she was just soufflé all of Mereen and at least start heading to Westeros, it would be better. He thought the marriage proposal was ridiculous.

He liked Tyrion and Jorah. He wondered where in the world was Varys.

After the show, he said that this was the worst episode of the season. He said he felt like he had already seen most of it before. He said the highlight for him was Samwell and Stannis.

A friend, usually a major daenerys supported, thinks she is doing everything wrong.

He also picked up how Aemon said the "a targaryan alone in the world" and then enters, Jon. Of my three unsullies, only he thinks R+l=J and is eager to see how/when that will play out. Last week he told me "If Jon is a Targaryan, just think of all the times he's been in the brink of dead" all I could think about was my friend know nothing... Specially doesn't know the ending of book 5, so I just reminded him that Jon also swear to take no wife, father no children, and holds no titles....

they can't watch any Hizhahr scene's without seeing Joel fry in Plebs which makes taking them seriously difficult. lot's of awe at the ruins of Valyria though and worry for Sansa. Laughing out loud with discomfort at the Bolton family dinner.

Archived