[BOOK SPOILERS] What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions

WinterKing

No he is not.

You could say that he is worse than Ramsay and that he is not as bad as Ramsay.

But you can never say that he is as bad as Ramsay.

Thank you. :) I´m sorry for butchering your language.

Would "(...) Roose is as bad as Ramsay is." be acceptable?

I don´t get, why the insertion of "not" makes the sentence correct. Would you mind to explain it?

(I do get, that the whole construction is somewhat clumsy.)

Thank you. :) I´m sorry for butchering your language.

Would "(...) Roose is as bad as Ramsay is." be acceptable?

I don´t get, why the insertion of "not" makes the sentence correct. Would you mind to explain it?

(I do get, that the whole construction is somewhat clumsy.)

I think that person is just being a pedantic prick, like Stannis. Don't worry too much about it. :)

Good and evil are not so clearly defined in this series. Furthermore, opinions are subjective, you can say Roose is as bad as Ramsay if you think he is.

Neumond, there is nothing wrong with your sentence construction. More a difference of opinion. They are both horrible in their unique way. (However, I would rather do business with the older Bolton, if I had to pick one of them.)

Just watched the episode with my unsullied bf.

On Dany:

Me: What did you think of the Dany scenes?

Him: Who?

Me: Dany... Oh... Khaleesi.

Him: Oh Daenerys. Stop calling Dany!

Me: That's what they call her in the books,

Him: Well this isn't the books. And I couldn't understand anything she did. She's not as cool this season.

Missandei and Grey Worm

Him: so like, he's got no balls but a dick?

Me: No, he's got nothing.

Him: So like they can't even like...

Me: No. They can do nothing.

Him: Why is this a thing?

Sansa:

Him: She's going to get raped.

What else?

Well...He's no idea that Jon is a Targ, and if I mentioned it to him I doubt he'd care much outside of how it made him related to Dany. Honestly, I'm not sure that he even remembers who Jon's parents are supposed to be.

I told him that one of the dead characters in the show came back to life in the books, and he tried to guess.

Him: Oh! It's gotta be that guy from season 1.

Me: who?

Him: You know, the main guy. Who's like the winter is coming meme.

I'm so sorry Ned. The north remembers.

If I may: Not s5-related, but one of my favourite "unsullied" responses:

My mother has watched a few episodes from s1, but couldn't stand it, half because "dragons and zombies" really isn't her thing and half because "THAT EVIL MAN THREW THAT SWEET BOY OUT OF A WINDOW!" - She is still fuming with anger at Jamie (it's been four years?), and when I've told her that Jamie actually with time becomes one of the characters most readers really enjoy, and if not exactly "forgive", then at least see the qualities in and appreciate, she is dumbstruck. "If the author pulls THAT off, then I understand how you can say the books are so good. But I will never forgive. And also, that they behead that GOOD man, the father, no, no, no, this is not a show I will see. And no, I will not read the books either, they are clearly wicked and my heart is too soft and will break."

I don't know if it's just that most of my friends and family are stupid, but none of them seem to remember any of the names or locations, or even plots of what's going on.

One of them even seems to just like to consume the show through their eyes and not speak about it until the next episode, and then never discuss it at all after the seasons done. It's like he wants to wait until the whole series is over before he makes predictions or such.

I don't know if it's just that most of my friends and family are stupid, but none of them seem to remember any of the names or locations, or even plots of what's going on.

i have a similar experience with my mom. not only does she not understand most of what's going on, she also doesn't care much for anything outside of KL. it's rather funny how she doesn't remember major plot points but holds on to the most minor (and actually insignificant) details.

i have a similar experience with my mom. not only does she not understand most of what's going on, she also doesn't care much for anything outside of KL. it's rather funny how she doesn't remember major plot points but holds on to the most minor (and actually insignificant) details.

Yeah, I think people just watch shows differently, and that's okay. Lol I don't think it means some unsullied are stupid if they don't remember every plot-point. Even some of my friends who are really into it have trouble keeping some of the minor characters straight.

My boyfriend loves the show, and he does make comments, but he doesn't care about ANYONE who is now dead. It's not cause he's stupid (I hope!). He just likes to enjoy what's actively happening on the screen. He's not interested in whose dead brother liked to play songs, because he simply doesn't see it as important to his personal enjoyment of the show.

Discussion with my best friend:

"The Wall and Stannis storyarcs were the most boring and Dany was the best. But this season I find the Wall and Stannis to be the most interesting and Daenerys as the most boring."

"Cersei is gonna bite herself in the ass huh? If they (The Faith Militant) after going after sinners, then she and Tommen will be next!"

(On Olly)

"That kid is gonna betray him huh? Jon's gonna be forced to cut his head off."

(On Tormund)

"That dude tried make Jon murder a defenseless old man! Why does Jon want him to lead the Wildlings?

She laughed her ass off at Roose telling Ramsay about the baby and at Sansa's reaction. She hopes that Sansa won't be raped, and thinks it will be poor writing because it is too typical and wants her to have a break for once. She thinks Ramsay will have to make an example of Myranda for making a move against Sansa or that Sansa will manipulate her jealously and get her to kill Ramsay and maybe Ramsay to murder Roose. Basically sowing chaos inside Winterfell to come out on top as LF did inside Westeros.

I reminded her of Walder Frey's offer of paying Roose his bride's weight in dowry if he marrys one of his daughters. Both her and her boyfriend think Roose Bolton is just a chubby chaser, and was hiding behind that.

(On Roose telling Ramsay about his mother)

"That was the weirdest "I was once wild like you but you have to settle down, be responsible, and grow up" speech I have ever seen between a parent and child."

"So is grayscale like zombie leprosy?"

(Previously she thought that Shireen's greyscale were recessive dragon genes from her Targaryen lineage.)

"Oh poor Ser Friendzone! Can't catch a break."

"Oh all the potential suitors Dany is gonna marry slaveowner Lenny Kravitz? She should have saved a political marriage for her invasion of Westeros by marrying a lord there!"

"Hey, what the fuck happened to the Dothraki? We haven't seen them in a long time."

"Also what happened to Gendry and the youngest Stark?"

"I am calling it now! That Daario guy is a traitor and Jorah (A.K.A. Ser Friendzone) will come at the nick of time and save her just before the disease takes him."

"Where's Dorne and Arya in this episode?"

I got abuse for talking Barristan up for this season and then him going down like a scrub last episode. Shame. Full on the team Stannis bandwagon now (the short memories of show watchers is a glorious thing) but we've got some Tormund converts finally. That is literally about it. Oh yeah, and Dragon executions were a mixed bag, Friends - "is Dany going a bit cray cray?" Me - "Not exactly, but she wont be covering herself in glory for a while."

Oh shit, and Ser friendzone got about 2 seconds of sympathy before the jokes started, but they think him and Tyrion will form a cool double act, the dwarf and the rock man.O

Edit again - "Wait, so Sansa is trapped in a castle with a bunch of nutjobs and her best chance at being saved is by Stannis marching and taking that castle again?" Me - "Yeah, I suppose so..." Them - "Your boy Stannis better not fuck up again!"

Archived