[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XVI - Back at home...

Mladen

I honestly half expected Sansa to stab Ramsey in the neck at the dinner with her table knife. Well we're outside of book territory, so why not?! This season is becoming increasingly frustrating when it comes to Sansa. There is so much tension in her scenes, but nothing happens. I keep hoping Sansa will be the character that, after a long gestation, will take some kind of monumental action. But instead we keep watching things happen to her...

I honestly half expected Sansa to stab Ramsey in the neck at the dinner with her table knife. Well we're outside of book territory, so why not?! This season is becoming increasingly frustrating when it comes to Sansa. There is so much tension in her scenes, but nothing happens. I keep hoping Sansa will be the character that, after a long gestation, will take some kind of monumental action. But instead we keep watching things happen to her...

When it happens, and I pray it happens. Rickon and especially Shaggy Dog make such an entrance that it will all be worth it. Would that not be the perfect way to end the Battle of Winterfell where the Boltons get smashed by and outflanking Northern loyalist Army led by a nast black Direwolf ?

We can hope.

Whenever I hear Shaggy Dog, I have to think he wasn't named that on accident.

"A Shaggy Dog Story is a plot with a high level of build-up and complicating action, only to be resolved with an anti-climax or ironic reversal, usually one that makes the entire story meaningless."

​I won't hold out hope for anything coming from the Rickon storyline... then I can only be pleasantly surprised if it happens. :)

"A Shaggy Dog Story is a plot with a high level of build-up and complicating action, only to be resolved with an anti-climax or ironic reversal, usually one that makes the entire story meaningless."

Actually, that gives me hope.

Imagine a one hour episode where the boltons slowly but surely begin to defeat Stannis's army.

We get all this action, fighting, some people die, etc....

Then, all of the sudden, Shaggy Dog jumps out of nowhere, and rips out Lord Bolton and Ramsays throats.

The Bolton Men through down their arms, and the whole battle just became pointless.

I half expected Sansa to stab Ramsey in the neck at the dinner with her table knife. We're outside of book territory, so why not?! This season is becoming frustrating when it comes to Sansa. Her scenes are filled with so much tension, but she takes no action. Hasn't she done enough observing? I keep hoping that she will be the character that, after a long gestation, will take some kind of monumental action. But instead, we continue to watch things just happen to her...

Loved "I'm very happy for you" and the little look like 'how do you like that' she directed at Ramsey when Roose was like we're having a boy. Cheeky, Sansa. Just not sure if that's really wise. I was proud that she kept her composure the whole time through that meal.

The kennel scene was nice too. You could sense her rage when she sees Theon, but she hold herself from doing anything to him despite those feelings. Reminded me of the scene where she walks toward Joffrey wanting to push him off the building, but the Hound stops her. Sansa didn't need someone to stop her this time. She is growing.

I don't see how that's growth. She'd be her father's daughter if she had Theon dragged to the Godswood and executed him, not by walking away in disgust.

Of course, that's showing her (rather empty) hand to the Boltons. But stopping from hurting your enemies in Westeros isn't a good thing.

Sansa knows Theon is alive. Theon knows Bran and Rickon are alive. So does Ramsay that's why he had Reek come in and apologise for killing them because Sansa believes she is heir to winterfell and it needs to stay that way for him to get it. I hope at some point Reek finds his long lost balls and tells Sansa what really happened and throws one big spanner into the works. We know in the books he started to remember who he was so it makes sense that he helps her somehow to atone for his crimes.

I don't know how Sansa knowing this could help the plot but it would be nice to have her know she isn't the last Stark after all and it would definitely give the North something more to rally around, possible even queue Ruthless Rickon in S6

Based on some of Sophie's interviews, she'll know at some point in the season

Well, nothing happened. Which, as you say, is sort of frustrating. But "nothing happened" includes "nothing happened to her"

Looking forward to the consumation. Hope we get to see some skin.

I have been waiting for the Ramsey arc to end since he first appeared torturing Theon. Please let it end this season. I think Sansa should already bail before the wedding. Go light the candle already.

the preview shows Theon, dressed up, in a bedroom, staring at the the camera like is watching something. He is crying and has the most saddest face I have ever seen on the actor. Clearly it is the consummation of Ramsay and Sansa. I cannot believe that site seemingly has it right. There really is nothing sacred on this show.

the preview shows Theon, dressed up, in a bedroom, staring at the the camera like is watching something. He is crying and has the most saddest face I have ever seen on the actor. Clearly it is the consummation of Ramsay and Sansa. I cannot believe that site seemingly has it right. There really is nothing sacred on this show.

itll be harder to watch than the RW.

I've lost all hope, so I'm most certain next episode is Sansa's wedding and consummation, as in, with pretty much everything Ramsay does with Jeyne, except the dogs.

That said, not very much to discuss. I'm still torn between Sansa's behavior at the Bolton dinner. I mean, she couldn't possibly be behaving like that if she's supposed to win over Ramsay. One would think she'd try to woo him to her. Myranda's clearly insane, so I wouldn't be surprised if she's called into their wedding night, considering Ramsay told her she thought Sansa was pretty. Glad she kept her composure during the dinner though, no tears and not really impressed. And I'm sure she'll manipulate Ramsay using Fat Walda's baby. I loved that scene where she smiled and told her she was happy for Walda.

She knows wooing them would bring up flags especially to Roose, she's letting them know her displeasure but keeping hidden her knowledge of the small folk.

I think she will also turn Reek around, remind him he's a Greyjoy maybe use him to kill Ramsey.

My main concern right now is there definitely seems to be a Northern loyalist plot that Brienne is joining her forces to, and Sansa was told by the older lady to light a candle in the tower if she needs help. Could be coincidence, but while she checks out the tower, up comes Myranda (this whole exchange was so strange and awkward). Later at the meal we get Ramsay parroting the line, The North Remembers. Could be a red herring or him just being... himself... but I worry that the Bolton faction is onto the loyalists, and that Sansa should be wary of trusting anyone to spirit her from WF for that reason.

Said the same thing for episode 3.

itll be harder to watch than the RW.

Without a doubt. Also, on Huffo Post - Entertainment, Alfie Allen discusses the scene and for reasons that do not seem clear is that he says this marriage is important for Sansa to have happen? I am like, WTF? It is important for Sansa to marry Ramsay becasuse Sansa needs this as much as Ramsay does? This is where this is so convoluted, it is astonishing to behold.

I imagine Sansa's plot is there to let Sansa save Theon from being consumed by the Reek persona. He's the damsel that Sansa's here to rescue. Many here seem to have let that little nuance fly right over their heads. :dunno: I can see where there's more of a relationship, or connection, between Sansa and Theon, though. While Jeyne was the hero to rescue Reek the Damsel in ADWD, the show's use of Sansa lets them test Sansa with the memory of what Theon did to her little brothers. Recall that she doesn't know that either of the two escaped.

Without a doubt. Also, on Huffo Post - Entertainment, Alfie Allen discusses the scene and for reasons that do not seem clear is that he says this marriage is important for Sansa to have happen? I am like, WTF? It is important for Sansa to marry Ramsay becasuse Sansa needs this as much as Ramsay does? This is where this is so convoluted, it is astonishing to behold.

Only way this benefits her, is if she kills Roose, Walda and Ramsey ( well they need to die ), Tansy the birth and gains the Dreadfort for House Stark, which would also give her her own house under her name.

Breed them and bleed them out of existence.

I imagine Sansa's plot is there to let Sansa save Theon from being consumed by the Reek persona. He's the damsel that Sansa's here to rescue. Many here seem to have let that little nuance fly right over their heads. :dunno: I can see where there's more of a relationship, or connection, between Sansa and Theon, though. While Jeyne was the hero to rescue Reek the Damsel in ADWD, the show's use of Sansa lets them test Sansa with the memory of what Theon did to her little brothers. Recall that she doesn't know that either of the two escaped.

:agree:

Alfie Allen is killing it in this storyline.

Topic: so much for Sansa's courtesy armour. Also, a future ep description said something about Brienne waiting for a sign. Could that be the candle in the window?

Topic: so much for Sansa's courtesy armour. Also, a future ep description said something about Brienne waiting for a sign. Could that be the candle in the window?

I'm wondering about that too. It seems like the most obvious choice.

yeah he is. i think she could be waiting to answer back from sansa? who knows. I think she, pod, and theon will help get her out of there. I hope brienne kills ramsay, but read somewhere that he might be there for next season.

yeah he is. i think she could be waiting to answer back from sansa? who knows. I think she, pod, and theon will help get her out of there. I hope brienne kills ramsay, but read somewhere that he might be there for next season.

He's doing a GREAT job.

Archived