[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XVI - Back at home...

Mladen

I think sansa rescue has been hinted in today episode. The old woman said light a candle in the tower. I think Sansa after her wedding and bedding yes it is happening guys and it will be horrifying, Sansa is going to realize she can't stick around and play the game with the boltons like littlefinger said because they are nuts and she needs to escape. She will go to the tower to light a candle. What happens next who knows and how Theon is going to be involved. I think we can safely assume Theon is escaping with her that will be his redemption to help Sansa. Sansa will forgive him once she knows her brothers are still alive. Theon just messed up poor chap his heart was in the right place he just wanted his fathers love and acceptance other characters have done worst Theon deserves some love and understanding.

Just an observation I find interesting, in terms of Sansa's reactions/behavior. Although Walda is a Frey, Sansa doesn't seem to direct any vengeful feelings toward her. Maybe because Walda is so out to lunch about the whole thing or simply because Sansa doesn't hold a Frey female responsible like she does Roose, who actually stabbed Robb. Or simple because Walda is 'outranked' by villains far more dastardly.

Just an observation I find interesting, in terms of Sansa's reactions/behavior. Although Walda is a Frey, Sansa doesn't seem to direct any vengeful feelings toward her. Maybe because Walda is so out to lunch about the whole thing or simply because Sansa doesn't hold a Frey female responsible like she does Roose, who actually stabbed Robb. Or simple because Walda is 'outranked' by villains far more dastardly.

It's not hard to be nice to someone as pleasant and as good natured as Walda.

I think sansa rescue has been hinted in today episode. The old woman said light a candle in the tower. I think Sansa after her wedding and bedding yes it is happening guys and it will be horrifying, Sansa is going to realize she can't stick around and play the game with the boltons like littlefinger said because they are nuts and she needs to escape. She will go to the tower to light a candle. What happens next who knows and how Theon is going to be involved. I think we can safely assume Theon is escaping with her that will be his redemption to help Sansa. Sansa will forgive him once she knows her brothers are still alive. Theon just messed up poor chap his heart was in the right place he just wanted his fathers love and acceptance other characters have done worst Theon deserves some love and understanding.

You are probably right. After seeing what Ramsay had done to Theon, she has to be totally freaked out and thinking she may be stronger but still no match for this psychopath family. Any confidence she had in her abilities to manipulate the Boltons, must be at a low point right now. It will be interesting to see how she handles things in future episodes.

It's not hard to be nice to someone as pleasant and as good natured as Walda.

Sansa has got to be reevaluating the situation and wondering what the whole story is regarding the taking of Winderfell. I believe she is more freaked out about Ramsay/Theon than she is angry at Theon. She knows Reek/Theon isn't in his right mind.

I have been waiting for the Ramsey arc to end since he first appeared torturing Theon. Please let it end this season.

I don't think it will - I think Jon will end the Ramsay arc - there is just too much symmetry between them.

But I have always thought Sansa will end the LF arc and I can't see how the show can get there now.

Sansa looks set to be some kind of victim of Ramsay, I didn't think so at the start ofthe season but it seems that way now - not sure how it will play out, but I don't think it is going to be nice for Myranda or Sansa. I had the idea that Ramsay may flay Myranda in front of Sansa, as a kind of pre-wedding sex gift and then involve Reek with the wedding night, as per Jeyne in the novels, because it was the most shocking elevation of the books I could think of - I didn't think that would happen when I thought of it, now I am not sure.

I think Reek will rescue Sansa, as per Jeyne Poole in the books - but I have a suspicion she will not stay rescued and the Boltons may prevail against the Mannis.

Here's a possibility a season or more away, Sansa may get Ramsay to dispatch of LF in some nasty way for her.

I just pointed this out in another thread: I like the idea of Sansa giving up her dreams of being someone powerful. Before she wanted to be a princess and a queen and have all these wonderful things. Now LF is promising these kind of things as well. What better way to show how she's grown by having her not buy into that and running away?

I can see Sansa's anger at Littlefinger for either knowingly or recklessly leading her into her current situation with Ramsay being the catalyst for the end of their relationship in the show, such as it was.

I can see Sansa's anger at Littlefinger for either knowingly or recklessly leading her into her current situation with Ramsay being the catalyst for the end of their relationship in the show, such as it was.

I can see the logic behind that, but as with the Boltons, if Sansa simply gathered together the relevant information about LF, she has ample reason already to want him dead. Show Lysa's confession was almost identical to her book counterpart - all Sansa really needs is to think critically about the implications. It's disappointing that neither the books nor the show have really addressed this yet.

I don't think it will - I think Jon will end the Ramsay arc - there is just too much symmetry between them.

But I have always thought Sansa will end the LF arc and I can't see how the show can get there now.

Sansa looks set to be some kind of victim of Ramsay, I didn't think so at the start ofthe season but it seems that way now - not sure how it will play out, but I don't think it is going to be nice for Myranda or Sansa. I had the idea that Ramsay may flay Myranda in front of Sansa, as a kind of pre-wedding sex gift and then involve Reek with the wedding night, as per Jeyne in the novels, because it was the most shocking elevation of the books I could think of - I didn't think that would happen when I thought of it, now I am not sure.

I think Reek will rescue Sansa, as per Jeyne Poole in the books - but I have a suspicion she will not stay rescued and the Boltons may prevail against the Mannis.

Here's a possibility a season or more away, Sansa may get Ramsay to dispatch of LF in some nasty way for her.

Myranda's actress has two eps left in the season, so her pre-wedding demise is unlikely.

I'm curious about what LF will do for the back half of Season 5. Return north? Stay in KL?

There's been so much made in the show of Stannis' prospects being better than the Boltons'--more men, more military acumen, etc.--that I feel like the Boltons will come out on top...which seems strange, since in the books it seems like Stannis has an ace up his sleeve.

I hope there is no escape. You know, agency and all that jazz. Jeyne was an instrument for Theon's growth, a mere damsel in distress. Sansa has already been that, it would negate her growth.

As for the consummation, it's unlikely to include dogs - it looks like good old fashioned sex. The horror!

And FINALLY she will stop trusting/depending on others to be saved.

Let's be honest, only reaching the bottom she will realize she has no really allies.

She survived Joffrey not because of her "skills" but because others decided for her (she was a valuable hostage).

Myranda's actress has two eps left in the season, so her pre-wedding demise is unlikely.

I'm curious about what LF will do for the back half of Season 5. Return north? Stay in KL?

There's been so much made in the show of Stannis' prospects being better than the Boltons'--more men, more military acumen, etc.--that I feel like the Boltons will come out on top...which seems strange, since in the books it seems like Stannis has an ace up his sleeve.

Tywin was billed in 501 - as a corpse. Myranda could be a flayed corpse in her after next episode, she looked pretty thin in this one, easy to put some prosthetic flesh on. Or, worse, she could be half flayed and still alive in her final episode - think Julia and Hellraiser.

The show may have LF conspire against Cersie with Olenna, coz the show is making Cersie more sympathetic than the books.

Agree re Stannis, he's looking like Bolton fodder in the show.

I can see the logic behind that, but as with the Boltons, if Sansa simply gathered together the relevant information about LF, she has ample reason already to want him dead. Show Lysa's confession was almost identical to her book counterpart - all Sansa really needs is to think critically about the implications. It's disappointing that neither the books nor the show have really addressed this yet.

You are wrong about this. In the show Lysa just said that her father, sister, and husband are all dead. That is what happens to people who stand between Petyr and her. There is really not anything to think about for Sansa there because it is just insane gibberish to her. Lysa's confession occurred between herself and Petyr.

when exactly does the promised change from pawn to player actually happen?

i´ve heard that line from ST, a couple of times now, but in truth she is constatly the victim... now waiting to be saved by brienne and pod.. and the smallfolk, from the monster that will rape her in the next episode..

btw, Show LF makes no sense at all.

I think Theon will help her escape. Alfie Allen is brilliant in his role as Theon & hope he's going to get a redemption arc on the show.

Sansa still isn't showing any cunning yet & Myranda is no one to fool with ...thread lightly little bird

Don't think that Sansa will be raped

Archived