[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XVI - Back at home...

Mladen

You know, I really hate to be the one who asks, but out of morbid curiosity...who thinks (if the wedding does indeed happen next episode) that Sansa would end up pregnant? Obviously that's one of Ramsay's goals.

The real question is, would D&D really go that far? I obviously don't want it to happen...the very thought makes me sick, but I also like to try and analyze every possibility and I guess this would be a possibility. I know from other commenters that the show is falling away from the books this season, but surely there'd be a boundary they wouldn't cross. Thoughts?

I have been having that sickening feeling since that spoiler about nudity was released saying that Theon was forced to watch the deed. On top of that, I would not be surprised if Sansa decided to keep it. What a story for her this year though. OMG.

You know, I really hate to be the one who asks, but out of morbid curiosity...who thinks (if the wedding does indeed happen next episode) that Sansa would end up pregnant? Obviously that's one of Ramsay's goals.

The real question is, would D&D really go that far? I obviously don't want it to happen...the very thought makes me sick, but I also like to try and analyze every possibility and I guess this would be a possibility. I know from other commenters that the show is falling away from the books this season, but surely there'd be a boundary they wouldn't cross. Thoughts?

Considering that Sansa was originally supposed to carry Joffrey's child, why not?

The whole plotline is simply to "borrow" her from the Vale plotline, that may not be re-visited in the next 2 seasons to potentially fill in for several rolls at once:

Jeyne Poole

Lady Barbry

Whyman Manderly ?

Alys Karstark ?

I do not see how she can go back to the Vale after all this, it would appear that for show purposes, she may be in the North permanently to stay, however it does seem that people can move around easily enough when needed so timeline is out the window.

Now, the whole reason she is there on the show as far as catalyst is Littlefiger's ambition for more power, regions and for his eventual possession of Sansa herself. yes, it makes no sense but the show runners do not care that much about small nitpick things. This show has become such a huge global phenominon that people are going to watch it. Hell, the number of people on these forums are so miniscule that the watchers only do not have an idea what is comming in future episodes or not. This next one, if the spoilers are correct is going to make the world go nuts because of Sansa, who at this point is the most popular victim of the show.

I wouldn't assume that, for several reasons, chiefly (1) that they've been planning this since season 2, when their knowledge of the future unpublished books was far less and, perhaps most importantly, (2) whether something will "totally remake" a character ultimately depends on whether the writers allow it to. The writers have, on numerous occasions (Shae being perhaps the best example) made radical changes only to force the characters to act in accordance with the book plot arc even if it doesn't really flow from what came before.

Where does this come from? I keep seeing people say this but can't find a source for it.

It is interesting how the show cast and Sophie Turner and Aiden Gillen themselves were completely blown away with the storyline this year as they expected Sansa to take a more powerful approach after her triumphant stair walk last year. I think Sophie though, is really good at playing the victim so she is going to suffer some more but before this season ends, she, I think is gonna do something epic that will hopefully change the perception of her character.

I'm more than sure that Sansa isn't pregnant with Ramsay. There's no actual time for that plot-line, and neither Sansa nor Jeyne are pregnant, so it makes zero sense (Not that anything about this storyline makes sense). Also, Sansa's the heiress of Winterfell and the Lords are working in her favor ("Friends in the North") so she might as well end this season as the Wardeness of the North.

During the scene where Ramsay was making Theon apologize to Sansa for killing her brothers, I really wanted her to look at Roose and say something like, "Will your father being making an apology next?"

I know that would be crazy bold of her, but Roose is the only one in the room guilty of killing one of her brothers, and I was hoping she'd get to call him out and remind everyone that she's well aware of who she's dealing with.

On a similar topic, since we know the show is winding down and seemingly notable characters are dropping like flies with promissed many more to come, Sansa, who they wanted to have a big year and who's actress, Sophie Turner is seemingly getting a lot of movie rolls lining up for her, making her high in demmand. I am wondering if show Sansa will survive but barely into next season and they are going to kill her off before midway or the end of next season with a much diminished role. Reasoning, as far as Starks go, Arya is seemingly ramping up to cause some damage when she returns to Westeros and Bran is all important to the end game as a demi-God. Rickon is the male heir that is perhaps the only hope for house Stark to perpetuate its name, so this season may indeed by the Swansong for Sansa and several characters near her in the next 10 episodes, stretching into next season (6):

Sansa herself

Roose

Ramsay

Brienne

Pod

Stannis

Davos

What ar your thoughts on Sansa's longevity on the show with approx 25 episodes till the end of the series/story ?

On a similar topic, since we know the show is winding down and seemingly notable characters are dropping like flies with promissed many more to come, Sansa, who they wanted to have a big year and who's actress, Sophie Turner is seemingly getting a lot of movie rolls lining up for her, making her high in demmand. I am wondering if show Sansa will survive but barely into next season and they are going to kill her off before midway or the end of next season with a much diminished role. Reasoning, as far as Starks go, Arya is seemingly ramping up to cause some damage when she returns to Westeros and Bran is all important to the end game as a demi-God. Rickon is the male heir that is perhaps the only hope for house Stark to perpetuate its name, so this season may indeed by the Swansong for Sansa and several characters near her in the next 10 episodes, stretching into next season (6):

Sansa herself

Roose

Ramsay

Brienne

Pod

Stannis

Davos

What ar your thoughts on Sansa's longevity on the show with approx 25 episodes till the end of the series/story ?

We do know Sansa survives this season, so that much is guaranteed. In the books, Sansa's probably one of the characters most likely to survive the Saga, but in the show, I'm not so sure. I'm still betting on her surviving, but since they are changing so much, they might as well kill her in the show and I wouldn't be surprised. Roose, Ramsay, Pod, Brienne and Stannis are certainly goners, though I'm sure most of them are being saved for next year. Davos, again, not sure, since his storyline is changed dramatically. Theon I'm betting on surviving, Asha 50/50, Myranda's dead if not in this next episode, until the end of this season.

Edit: Thematically (Though the show doesn't care about that) the surviving Stark children (Sansa, Arya, Bran) will probably make it to ADOS, if only because these books are their story, their coming-of-age story. Sansa needs to become the political genius she's shaping up to be, Arya needs to become (Though she won't make the transition entirely, same as Sansa) faceless woman, and Bran will become the demi-god. That much is almost confirmed. The name of the last book was "A Time of Wolves", and Jojen Reed did say: "The wolves will come again."

You know, I really hate to be the one who asks, but out of morbid curiosity...who thinks (if the wedding does indeed happen next episode) that Sansa would end up pregnant?

Jeyne doesn't get pregnant, and there's really no time/space in this story for Sansa to have a baby, so I would say there's no reason to think that would happen.

We do know Sansa survives this season, so that much is guaranteed. In the books, Sansa's probably one of the characters most likely to survive the Saga, but in the show, I'm not so sure. I'm still betting on her surviving, but since they are changing so much, they might as well kill her in the show and I wouldn't be surprised. Roose, Ramsay, Pod, Brienne and Stannis are certainly goners, though I'm sure most of them are being saved for next year. Davos, again, not sure, since his storyline is changed dramatically. Theon I'm betting on surviving, Asha 50/50, Myranda's dead if not in this next episode, until the end of this season.

Edit: Thematically (Though the show doesn't care about that) the surviving Stark children (Sansa, Arya, Bran) will probably make it to ADOS, if only because these books are their story, their coming-of-age story. Sansa needs to become the political genius she's shaping up to be, Arya needs to become (Though she won't make the transition entirely, same as Sansa) faceless woman, and Bran will become the demi-god. That much is almost confirmed. The name of the last book was "A Time of Wolves", and Jojen Reed did say: "The wolves will come again."

The actor played Ramsay hinted that Ramsay survives this season in some interview somewhere. And Sansa's "ambiguous" ending precludes her from dying this season as well. That said, if Sansa is indeed shaping to be the political head of the restored House Stark, then she may not be needed once King Rickard Stark, the 345th or something of his name secures his throne.

Jeyne doesn't get pregnant, and there's really no time/space in this story for Sansa to have a baby, so I would say there's no reason to think that would happen.

I'm not so sure. We have two more seasons left and the show could time skip to the birth of the little Bolton heir. We just don't know what Sansa' story would be about after whatever happens between her, the Boltons and Stannis. Securing the physical continuation of Houses Stark and Bolton might be in store for her.

It appears to me that D & D would not do anything to Sansa that would totally remake her character from what it is suppose to be in the books. Are we to assume that something comparable happens to Sansa in TWOW? I'm more concerned about how this will affect her future storyline.

I don't think Sansa will interact with Ramsay in the books. However I think she will end up at Winterfell, and she will evolve into a player rather than a pawn.

During the scene where Ramsay was making Theon apologize to Sansa for killing her brothers, I really wanted her to look at Roose and say something like, "Will your father being making an apology next?"

I know that would be crazy bold of her, but Roose is the only one in the room guilty of killing one of her brothers, and I was hoping she'd get to call him out and remind everyone that she's well aware of who she's dealing with.

Hey, where did you get that Theon quote in your signature file?

We have two more seasons left and the show could time skip to the birth of the little Bolton heir.

Given the way time has been handled on this show (and in the books), I would say there's a 0% chance of that.

In the books, Sansa was a captive at KL for about a year, while in the show, she was tormented "for years"

In the show, Sansa was 13 at the start and 14 only a few episodes before she escaped.

Not to mention Gilly's baby, who was born more than 20 episodes ago and is still being swaddled.

The actor played Ramsay hinted that Ramsay survives this season in some interview somewhere. And Sansa's "ambiguous" ending precludes her from dying this season as well. That said, if Sansa is indeed shaping to be the political head of the restored House Stark, then she may not be needed once King Rickard Stark, the 345th or something of his name secures his throne.

That's the issue, though - Rickon's too young to be the political head of House Stark. I think Sansa might play a role, and this is speculation, based on what we know, both in the books and in the show, of establishing Rickon in his rightful throne and becoming the power behind him, in the form of a regent.

I felt the same though also knew she would never - courtesy and all. But that knowledge and dynamic was part of what made that whole conversation so surreal. When Ramsay first brings up the topic to her he is all fake-hesitant to use the word "murder" - it was just so weird to then feature Roose who did actually murder her brother.

I doubt it...someone would give her moon tea or something..and I think she'd make sure herself she didnt get pregnant, no doubt with the help of the servants

I'm starting to be certain Sansa's bedding will be akin to Lucrezia's in The Borgias - And in that particular series, the fact that she was a virginal girl that was raped actually didn't made her weaker. In fact, by the end of the season, she learned to use her wit and beauty to stop the King of France of attacking the Papal States and became a leader in her own right of House Borgia. Her characterization was actually extremely well-done, and she was in several ways, much more of an innocent than show!Sansa. She even ended the season humiliating her abusive husband with the help of her brother, Cesare, and her father, Pope Alexander VI. The show thread that line carefully, doing just enough for Lucrezia's character development, without using her rape as a plot-device.

That said, The Borgias actually had good writing and consistent characterization, none of which Game of Thrones has, so I'm more than predicting it will be horrible for the sake of being horrible.

Archived