[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XVI - Back at home...

Mladen

You are probably right. After seeing what Ramsay had done to Theon, she has to be totally freaked out and thinking she may be stronger but still no match for this psychopath family.

I dunno. Sansa seemed unfazed by Ramsay's antics at dinner, probably because she's seen it all before with Joffrey. With Joffrey, she mostly played nice while getting in the occasional dig or rebellious gesture, and it seems to be more of the same here. I don't see much difference between Sansa's sullen refusal to toast and her retrieval of the cup at the PW to minimize Tyrion's humiliation.

We know from the 5x07 ep description that Sansa is trying to talk to Theon. My guess is that Ramsay raping her will eliminate whatever inclination she had to stick it out until Stannis arrives, and her next move will be to try to recruit Theon to help her escape.

I'm with the team that thinks Sansa will suffer much of what Jeyne Poole went through.

Sophie Turner has said that Sansa has an ambiguous ending this season. I wonder what it could be:

1. Sansa and Theon jump from the Winterfell battlements to escape, and it's not clear whether either survived.

2. Sansa and Theon escape safely to Stannis' camp...only for Stannis' forces to be massacred by the Boltons.

3. Theon sacrifices himself so that Sansa can escape, but we end the season not knowing where she ends up.

4. Sansa and Theon are caught in the battle at Winterfell and it's unknown whether Sansa survived it.

Alfie Allen said that there's a light at the end of the tunnel for Theon this season "in a sort of GOT way," which to me suggests some sort of nasty twist or dark development. If Theon throws in his lot with Sansa, Sansa could be on the receiving end of that nasty twist as well, although I suppose it depends: Theon could escape the Boltons only to be immediately condemned to death by Stannis.

Sophie Turner has said that Sansa has an ambiguous ending this season. I wonder what it could be:

I think the most probable is the book ending, i.e., the pink letter ("I've killed Stannis, I want Arya Sansa, etc."). The writers seemed to say that this season wouldn't really have anything in the way of major TWOW spoilers, and the outcome of the Battle of Ice would seem like a pretty big one.

Personally, I'd be worried about Brienne -- I don't think Podrick's flayed skin will offer nearly as much warmth as the skins of six spearwives. Since this is TV!Brienne, she'll probably still be bitching him out over that.

1. Sansa and Theon jump from the Winterfell battlements to escape, and it's not clear whether either survived.

2. Sansa and Theon escape safely to Stannis' camp...only for Stannis' forces to be massacred by the Boltons.

3. Theon sacrifices himself so that Sansa can escape, but we end the season not knowing where she ends up.

4. Sansa and Theon are caught in the battle at Winterfell and it's unknown whether Sansa survived it.

Alfie Allen said that there's a light at the end of the tunnel for Theon this seas

This is just speculation of course...but I tend to think Sansa and Theon will escape Winterfell. I'm not sure if they will get help within or not. Brienne and Pod will either assist them on the inside or just outside the walls like the Umbers? did in the book. I don't know whether they will meet up with Stannis or go straight to The Wall.

I keep thinking Melisandre will see in the fires that Stannis' is doomed and that Jon Snow is who she needs to be with. She will then leave and seek out Jon Snow. She may even see Sansa in her fires and assist her too. Brienne and Pod could meet their demise too. Anyway.....I think Melisandre, Sansa, and Theon will eventually be united with Jon Snow.

So... do Sansa and Little finger even have a back up plan if stannis loses the battle and does not get winter fell? Shes stuck with with the boltons.

The backup plan ( if there was any ) was for Sansa to seduce Ramsy, and manipulate Roose.

I think LF just got Sansa screwed in more ways then one.

Alfie Allen said that there's a light at the end of the tunnel for Theon this season "in a sort of GOT way," which to me suggests some sort of nasty twist or dark development. If Theon throws in his lot with Sansa, Sansa could be on the receiving end of that nasty twist as well, although I suppose it depends: Theon could escape the Boltons only to be immediately condemned to death by Stannis.

I think it will be eiter one or three. I think they will both jump from winterfell and that will be the end.

I think it will be eiter one or three. I think they will both jump from winterfell and that will be the end. I hope theon didn't die. I like him he's a great actor.

I think the most probable is the book ending, i.e., the pink letter ("I've killed Stannis, I want Arya Sansa, etc."). The writers seemed to say that this season wouldn't really have anything in the way of major TWOW spoilers, and the outcome of the Battle of Ice would seem like a pretty big one.

Personally, I'd be worried about Brienne -- I don't think Podrick's flayed skin will offer nearly as much warmth as the skins of six spearwives. Since this is TV!Brienne, she'll probably still be bitching him out over that.

tell my sweet wife I have the big brute in a cage for all the north to see, she was cold so I made her a pretty clock from the skin of that boy she brought to winterfell. You know the one with the magic cock.

:lol: this tickled me

I get this spooky feeling that Ramsay will kill Roose. That is the fitting end for all these horrible fathers. There is no love loss between Roose and Ramsay, I think Roose underestimates his son and Ramsay is not going to give up his position.

Yes the pink letter will actually be real skin I think it will have to be skin of someone Jon knows otherwise where will be the horrifying impact when Jon is reading that letter he needs to be raging mad to jump into action. So that discounts Brienne and Pod because Jon doesn't know them. I think it will be Stannis, because after all the help Stannis gives the watch Jon must avenge him.

Theon, Sansa, Brienne and Pod will on the way to the wall to Jon but Jon will get stabbed when they arrive.

I get this spooky feeling that Ramsay will kill Roose. That is the fitting end for all these horrible fathers. There is no love loss between Roose and Ramsay, I think Roose underestimates his son and Ramsay is not going to give up his position.

Yes the pink letter will actually be real skin I think it will have to be skin of someone Jon knows otherwise where will be the horrifying impact when Jon is reading that letter he needs to be raging mad to jump into action. So that discounts Brienne and Pod because Jon doesn't know them. I think it will be Stannis, because after all the help Stannis gives the watch Jon must avenge him.

Theon, Sansa, Brienne and Pod will on the way to the wall to Jon but Jon will get stabbed when they arrive.

I'm not sure we'll have a pink letter in the show. If Stannis' ships wreck in the sea, the Night's Watch will simply not let Jon through.

If Theon is crying while watching what is going on and it's "traumatic," I'm going to assume there's some violence involved. Could Sansa accept her fate with the assumption it's her wedding night and she'll lose her virginity? Sure. But I don't think she'll be prepared for his tendencies and that she'll likely get smacked around regardless of her acquiescence. That will be really horrible. Where is Littlefinger or someone like Olenna for Sansa? Olenna couldn't bear to see her granddaughter subjected to Joffrey so she took him down before any bedding took place. I wish there was someone there for Sansa. Or Sansa could take control of her circumstances herself. But, at the end of the day, she is being pimped out in the off-chance this plan of Littlefingers will work.

I really hate how this is going down. What was the point of having Goth Sansa walk down the stairs at the end of Season IV like she was some playa only to have her abused and humiliated worse than when she was at King's Landing? If she gets revenge in the end, it's worth being victimized? Oh, finally Sansa is a player in the Game of Thrones, said every article after the Season 4 finale! She'll be manipulating everyone with the lessons she's learned from Littlefinger. Really? Because I haven't seen any of that. I haven't seen Sansa use her sexuality to manipulate Littlefinger either and that was something Sophie Turner said herself, although I imagine she might not have had all scripts all the time. In fact, it seems like Sansa and Littlefinger barely even spoke to each other this season, and they're supposed to be some sort of "tag team."

I think this is really the cheap way for Sansa to make her claim and seek revenge. The dumbest plan ever. What would stop the Boltons from turning her over to the Lannisters while Littlefinger is away? That would solidfy their claim on the North more than anything. All along I thought Sansa would be manipulating Littlefinger but she just blindly went along with what he wanted. I really don't think she has any other plan in mind. It would be great if she was ahead of the game the entire time. But not holding my breath.

So... do Sansa and Little finger even have a back up plan if stannis loses the battle and does not get winter fell? Shes stuck with with the boltons.

"His" back up plan is to call the Lords of the Vale and wipe out anyone left standing.

what's the pink letter ?

It's a letter written by a character by the end of the published books which is sealed with pink wax. And you shouldn't go around book spoilers threads unless you want to be spoiled.

But here goes:

In the book Sansa is being literally pissed on by Robin Arryn at the Vale. Instead of her, we have Sansa's old friend Jeyne Poole who was forced to marry Ramsay while pretending to be Arya. Rather unhappy about this arrangement, Ramsay beats her, rapes her and likely has her raped by his dogs. Mance Rayder is sent by Jon Snow/Melissandre along with some widling women to rescue her (as Jon believes her to be Arya) and Jeyne's suffering and the wildlings insistence finally break Theon out of his fear of Ramsay and he helps her escape Winterfell.

Later on, a letter is received by Jon, written by Ramsay, in which he claims Stannis has been killed, the wildling women have been flayed, Mance Rayder is locked naked in a crow cage with only the wildling women' skin to warm him and he demands to be given Stannis wife and daughter, as well as Arya and Theon (whom Jon doesn't have) or else he'll attack the Night's Watch. This prompts Jon to announce he's leading a wildling party south to deal with Ramsay which in turn prompts a few members of the Night's Watch to stab him. And that's the end of his storyline so far.

I think the show will deviate from many of these things

"His" back up plan is to call the Lords of the Vale and wipe out anyone left standing.

yep, and the trailer for next week, Cersei gives him the green light to do that. of Course, this will ease Roose Bolton too and will allow Vale troops to pass moat Cailin and arrive at winterfell. Then, Littlefinger's plan is to wipe both out, make sure the Boltons and in particular, Sansa's new husband, Ramsay, so Littlefinger can marry her himself.

yep, and the trailer for next week, Cersei gives him the green light to do that. of Course, this will ease Roose Bolton too and will allow Vale troops to pass moat Cailin and arrive at winterfell. Then, Littlefinger's plan is to wipe both out, make sure the Boltons and in particular, Sansa's new husband, Ramsay, so Littlefinger can marry her himself.

I'm pretty sure Cersei is talking about Vale soldiers being used against House Tyrell, not in the North.

Archived