Where do we go from Here, part 2 (Spoilers Galore)

Fragile Bird

They are still alive in the books - see above, i think they are being set up to be the 'bad' humans at the end. Something will befall them, Jon is going to need someone to take down.

Well, he has an entire Other and undead army to take down. Or, if you fall in the Jon becomes the Night's King camp, then he has all of the Seven Kingdoms. I'm not sure it is necessary for Jon to be the one to take out the Boltons, although, I wouldn't be surprised if Jon was the one to do it. Ramsay and Roose won't last The Winds of Winter and they probably won't last season 6. There are bigger fish to fry.

Well, he has an entire Other and undead army to take down. Or, if you fall in the Jon becomes the Night's King camp, then he has all of the Seven Kingdoms. I'm not sure it is necessary for Jon to be the one to take out the Boltons, although, I wouldn't be surprised if Jon was the one to do it. Ramsay and Roose won't last The Winds of Winter and they probably won't last season 6. There are bigger fish to fry.

I'm in the Jon becomes the Nights King and reclaims the North, whilst Dany invades and destroys the south camp.

By season 7 I think the Bolton/Frey combo will be the biggest Northern fish to fry.

That elderly servant woman could have been bringing that message from Brienne, couldn't she? Brienne did say something about getting a message to her and then this woman shows up to give her silent and secretive support!

And I really missed Griff/Connington in all of this - what happens to that storyline, it's just gone?! I thought it was heading to very interesting places in the novels, but I guess we'll make do without it :-(

Interested to see what happens with Sansa and Ramsay and Theon! It's so crazy that Theon is apologizing and living with the "guilt" of having killed Bran and Rickon and he has to confess to it! Sansa is probably so conflicted because she both hates and pities him at this point. Although the pity definitely seems to be outweighing the hate!

I totally knew that Jorah was going to have the greyscale, because they essentially replaced Griff's role with him in some ways, and that just had to be one of them. I just kept saying "Wait... No... No... NO!"

That elderly servant woman could have been bringing that message from Brienne, couldn't she? Brienne did say something about getting a message to her and then this woman shows up to give her silent and secretive support!

It was certainly implied with the direct cut from Brienne's convo to the old lady (and the Westerosi telephone network, wherein a message can travel from KL to WF between scenes). But she'd already had the north remembers moment (it was the same lady, right?) which suggests that she's either a Stark loyalist sympathetic to Sansa without outside prompting (from Brienne) or a Bolton plant, as some people are speculating.

Show Stannis is becoming likeable, so he is going to die. Davos may rescue Shireen.

Stannis is going to battle with Melissandre, but so far her only power has been birthing shadows: Her leaches have not killed Balon Greyjoy, she does not shoot flames out of her hands, and lightbringer was just a sword that burned for like 1 minute.

:(

I think that was left deliberately ambiguous by the show. It could be seen as a message from Brienne, or it may indicate a separate faction of Stark supporters lurking in the area. Not sure which, but I would guess Brienne is the more likely interpretation.

Theon is going to disobey Ramsay and tell Sansa at some point that he didn't kill her brothers.

Meaning that even if Ramsay does get her pregnant, his dream about becoming warden of the North (which they spent a solid few minutes focusing on) doesn't rest in the fate of Roose having a baby boy BUT in the return of bu bu buuuuh - Rickon (remember that little legend?).

This may be what is needed for Sansa to trust Theon and do the whole jumping off the ramparts with him in place of Jeyne.

AND

When she lights that candle in the broken tower, Brienne is gonna come in, kill (or attempt to kill Ramsay) and for shock value, probs die in the process. Serving her purpose of protecting Sansa.

I think the grey mare is the grey scale jorah carries. It will be a slow burn. He will probably be alive for the fighting pits so he can do some grand gesture to save danny and dies in the process (he knows he is screwed either way) at which point Dany is taken away by drogon (not sure what that means for Tyrion (or perhaps he joins her on Drogon)

It looks like we're getting Oldtown afterall, which means probably Euron next season. Sam, Gilly and Maester Aemon may take off.

Not sure what they're doing with Shireen, the show has been hinting that Mel will try to burn her, so they may take her along.

It's true, Stannis is now sympathetic enough for the show to kill him off but it feels too soon this season.

Sansa/Theon/Brienne will be some sort of mashup of help from outside and inside plus the jump. I'm not sure if one of the Boltons will die this season or not.

It seems the greyscale contagion is a pretty important plot point; significant enough that it survived Aegon being removed from the adaption.

I don't really think plot points are being cut based on how important they are per say, but on how easily they can be linked up to the pre-existing plot lines. Like I wouldn't say that Greyscale will be a bigger factor in the plot than Faegon, but Faegon is his own story, Greyscale will perhaps get mixed in with the War for the Dawn.

Or it could just replace the Bloody Flux in Meereen and we'll get nothing more on it than that.

I don't really think plot points are being cut based on how important they are per say, but on how easily they can be linked up to the pre-existing plot lines. Like I wouldn't say that Greyscale will be a bigger factor in the plot than Faegon, but Faegon is his own story, Greyscale will perhaps get mixed in with the War for the Dawn.

Or it could just replace the Bloody Flux in Meereen and we'll get nothing more on it than that.

Greyscale had a great focus on ADWD. Both the Meereen and Wall storylines had it. Val saying that Shireen should be killed, JonCon getting it, etc...

I think it has something to do with the Others.

I have long felt that Stannis is a season 6 death. The show is making me more and more certain about it. toge

I feel this way too. The way they have left characters and plots out, what would it be if they just killed him off? The survivng Queen + Tommen bringing everyone together while Dany tries to consolidate power in Mereen? Plus with Baelish in KL aka Sparrowland, the story seems like it could easily fall apart.

Greyscale had a great focus on ADWD. Both the Meereen and Wall storylines had it. Val saying that Shireen should be killed, JonCon getting it, etc...

I think it has something to do with the Others.

And dragons - greyscale has something to do with them also. But then dragons also seem to have something to do with Others, or more correctly, Others have something to do with dragons, because there were dragons everywhere once (pre Long Night).

These are the things that really need to tie up in GoTs/ASoIaF - magic, Winters, dragons, Others, greyscale. Characters be damned, they can all perish :) What needs to be resolved in a satisfying way are the otherworldly mysteries.

Maybe no people will stop saying that Aegon and Connigton are showing up.

Of course they aren't. They never were. They are just world building characters, there to expand the plot - they are not part of the primary character list, or primary narrative.

All the Ironborn look to be gone also and they seem like they would work on TV - pshyco Jack Sparrow and his dumb brother with the burning arm. Obviously these guys aren't part of the primary narrative either. Nor is Arianne.

Archived