Where do we go from Here, part 2 (Spoilers Galore)

Fragile Bird

Hey, all you people that think D&D are such terrible writers, why don't you be pissed at Martin for choosing these supposed "hacks" to adapt his story. Or better yet be mad that he gave the rights away too early so that D&D wouldn't have the final two volumes of the holy grail to rely on.

Are D&D the best writers? No. But at least they're passionate about GOT. I wonder what an Aaron Sorkin GOT adaptation would look like. Most people consider him an amazing writer, but how did his last series turn out?

Hey, all you people that think D&D are such terrible writers, why don't you be pissed at Martin for choosing these supposed "hacks" to adapt his story. Or better yet be mad that he gave the rights away too early so that D&D wouldn't have the final two volumes of the holy grail to rely on.

Are D&D the best writers? No. But at least they're passionate about GOT. I wonder what an Aaron Sorkin GOT adaptation would look like. Most people consider him an amazing writer, but how did his last series turn out?

:cheers: Amen. They're not the best writers in the world, but they are nowhere near as bad as some people say around here .The same people who think, of course, that everything that GRRM writes is pure gold. Well... Darkstar, Aeron and Nimble Dick send their regards.

Watching a replay.

I guess that young boy, the one who ran away to the wall when the wildings attacked his village and killed everyone, last season, will be the instigator against Jon Snow. Too young to comprehend the idea of Winter is Coming.

And watching that oh-so-pleasant dinner scene with family Bolton, I think I agree with those who predicted Ramsay will kill Fat Walda. I don't think it will be entirely because Ramsay wants to protect his inheritance. The scene with Ramsay asking his father how Roose knows Walda is pregnant brought back a memory of Joffrey as a child, gutting a pregnant cat to see if there really were kittens inside. It wouldn't surprise me if the 2 Ds were inspired by that story.

The GoT articles that have been mentioned in other threads about an actor doing something really upsetting and revolting have been interpreted as Ramsay cruelly raping Sansa. Perhaps the upsetting and revolting scene will be of Ramsay pulling a baby out of Walda's ripped-open belly.

Watching a replay.

I guess that young boy, the one who ran away to the wall when the wildings attacked his village and killed everyone, last season, will be the instigator against Jon Snow. Too young to comprehend the idea of Winter is Coming.

And watching that oh-so-pleasant dinner scene with family Bolton, I think I agree with those who predicted Ramsay will kill Fat Walda. I don't think it will be entirely because Ramsay wants to protect his inheritance. The scene with Ramsay asking his father how Roose knows Walda is pregnant brought back a memory of Joffrey as a child, gutting a pregnant cat to see if there really were kittens inside. It wouldn't surprise me if the 2 Ds were inspired by that story.

The GoT articles that have been mentioned in other threads about an actor doing something really upsetting and revolting have been interpreted as Ramsay cruelly raping Sansa. Perhaps the upsetting and revolting scene will be of Ramsay pulling a baby out of Walda's ripped-open belly.

I think that is an excellent prediction of what ramsay is going to do. i thought this was going to happen the moment ramsay was asking roose how do you know for sure.

but by saying that i also think ramsay is much smarter than joffrey, if he does anything to fat walda then his father will probably kill him not because he loves fat walda but he murdered his legitimate heir, unless ramsay kills roose as well but that might all be too much, well nothing is too much for GOT. but we still need roose in this story, because without him north will just disband i can't see ramsay alone holding the fort down, he is too young, too nuts and not a strategic thinker. fat walda is dying for sure but how that is the question.

That's a good prediction Fragile Bird - but the articles do have the Theon and Ramsay actors suggesting is a main character that has something bad happen to them. I don't think of Fat Walda as a main character.

As a matter of fact, I don't have any problems with GRRM's writing. I love these books. I have a problem with people that are blatant GRRM fanboys who view any deviation from the source material as problematic, but want to hide behind some sort of moral curtain to make their own judgements. If you don't like the direction of the show, fine. Really, it's not an issue. When you start to say that the show runners are "perverts" because there is nudity that you didn't expect in the series, you really are just being hypocritical. I would suggest you put on your own "critical thinking" hat and actually read my posts instead of assuming things about my age/sexual experience/etc and flaming off about how I shouldn't be teaching you anything.

It's obvious that many of the "pervert" crowd have a vested interest in keeping Sansa pure and unspoiled for a hypothetical return to Winterfell as the Wardeness of the North. I doubt she survives the books unless she starts to deviate from her "courtesy is a lady's armor" way of thinking. She's too one-dimensional to be a proper GRRM heroine. The talk of the righteousness of her claim to the seat seals it for me in the same way that it seals Stannis' fate. If there is one thing that these books should have taught you, it's that your RIGHT means nothing if you're missing your head or someone cuts your throat.

I agree with you to some extent. I finished rereading the first book and the first chapter of book 2 last week. Dany has been nude many times, had sex many times, had sexual violence, birthing her dragons were also quite lurid. Sansa has been nude, sexual violence. Arya has been nude, beaten bloody. Another teen Eroeh raped repeatedly. Doreah, sexual violence. Outside of other normality like Tyrion Shae, Ned Catelyn etc etc

However discussing the route this show has taken with so much source material to work from, the thousands and thousands of descriptive words found in each book. Why hadn't this series focused to only casting any relevant themed nudity which would have left presumably a far greater impact outside of the constantly themed brothel story. Any showings could have been carried by certain leads limiting them to essentially themed settings, perceived by any majority within far greater social acceptance

Focusing much more emphasis on dialogue, descriptions, characters, action and magic those many other elements found within story often where this show has diverged from

I suppose in TrueBlood, and Hung would be that answer . It is what it is when written this way?

Actually what role does Tyrion have?

Dany admitted to ignoring her advisors all the time :p

So when He joins the council? What will he do then? He is not that kindof person who will be happy in the sidelines.

Will he attempt to fake work for the Harpy or something?

I can imagine Melisandre defeating the White Walkers by forcing them to touch her boobs.

Seriously ...

Season 5 so far kills all of the TWoW preview chapters:

- Barristan is dead already

- Arianne, Damphair, Victarion are not in the tv show

- Sansa goes to Winterfell

- Jorah catches greyscale

- Arya will do the Mercy chapter

If the reports are true about GRRMs writing and he includes time with Daenerys among the Dothraki in the books before she meets Tyrion I assume the show will shortcut it like this:

Daenerys flies away on Drogon at the end of ep 9, lands near the Dothraki in ep 10, returns with the Khalasar to Mereen in season 6 ep 1 (I guess they all fly in on Drogon who is then the size of a Star Destroyer), burns Mereen and goes to Westeros with Tyrion, Jorah, and MissWorm.

Assuming Hizdar and Daario die in Season 5. Daario does Quentyn?

Watching a replay.

This is a good point for the show. It's a shame that in the books, the men are old enough to understand it and still do the dastardly deed.

Actually what role does Tyrion have?

Dany admitted to ignoring her advisors all the time :P

I doubt she ignores Tyrion.

I've always thought pestilence was going to become a big factor in the books. We've had war, death and famine so it makes sense the fourth rider of the apocalypse was coming.

With all the mention of stone men this season and Jorah contracting greyscale, it feel pretty certain the grey plague is coming in the books. (From a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire = JonCon spreading the grey plague.) I've always thought greyscale was more important than the Pale Mare because an army of WW and normal wights is already going to be hard to defeat but if they have a bunch of stone men/wights, would fire still kill them? And in the books we have Val claiming that Shireen is still a possible carrier of the disease.

I hope Sansa connects with her inner she-wolf and doesn't let herself be brutalized. I hadn't considered Sansa or Brienne becoming a LS-type character, but that's an interesting possibility.

I like Jon's story,but I hated that Edd is going to be one of the brothers that really cared for Jon but just couldn't support what he wanted to do with the wildlings. I can definitely see Edd having tears in his eyes when he stabbed Jon, and it will make it so much more heart wrenching to have him (and probably Olly) be in the group of assassins.

I liked seeing Dany go all fire and blood and was kinda let down that she ended up deciding to marry Hizdar. Of all the things they've cut, shortening Dany's efforts to plant trees and going straight to her fire and blood mindset at the end of ADwD was fine with me. Show Hizdar seems like such a coward that I can't see him with Dany.

Watching a replay.

I don't know. Pulling a fetus out of Fat Walda's belly would be the actor pulling a latex prop out of a pocket. These things, the thing Iwan didn't want to do and the traumatic scene should be, IMHO, emotional stuff rather than gore.

Then again, the actors do overhype at times. Next episode might be brutal - GoT doesn't shy away from brutality - but they may not be as hard as we may speculate either. Iwan had hyped the Dinner with the Boltons scene and, while cool, that scene isn't the big deal as far as horrible things go.

I just have to ask a quick question - since this is episode 5 and we're offically halfway in the season, I just wonder if anyone has any thoughts on Bran this season? Personally, I think it would be a good move to keep him away the whole season, and maybe a creepy scene with Bloodraven right at the very end - ooor not at all, as it might confuse viewers when he's been gone the entire season… I just think his storyline takes time, it would be badass to suddenly see him having learnt a bit and having become "underground" up beyond the wall. If they want him in this season at all I guess I can't see anywhere he would fit… Has the actor even been on set for this season, anyone know?

No Bran this season, per the producers.

http://www.ew.com/article/2014/11/05/game-of-thrones-why-bran-season-5

Archived