R+L=J Hint

Arplus Elisjay

I would have loved to see a conversation between Stannis and Aemon... I mean they are as closely related as Aemon and Daenerys are.

It is a pity show doesn't show some cool dynamics. That would have been an amazing scene to add different from the books.

How Aemon targaryen feels about a baratheon rule, after all it was a baratheon brother initiating the rebellion that destroyed the targ family. I am sure that would have been fascinating conversation.

It is a pity show doesn't show some cool dynamics. That would have been an amazing scene to add different from the books.

How Aemon targaryen feels about a baratheon rule, after all it was a baratheon brother initiating the rebellion that destroyed the targ family. I am sure that would have been fascinating conversation.

the books didnt do it at all ...the one scene we had between Aemon and Stannis ..stannis never sees him as relation but as a Targaryen ..

the books didnt do it at all ...the one scene we had between Aemon and Stannis ..stannis never sees him as relation but as a Targaryen ..

we aren't talking books, but in the realm of reality and esp. wrt Aemon and Rhaegar it would not be unusual for them to send letters from time to time, especialy if there were events unfolding.

we aren't talking books, but in the realm of reality and esp. wrt Aemon and Rhaegar it would not be unusual for them to send letters from time to time, especialy if there were events unfolding.

yes i agree they would have been in contact but i doubt Aemon would have known about jon because after all what better time to tell about how is only other relation is facing problem and no one to look after her

Or perhaps somebody discovers something in Winterfell....

I think this too. In the crypts. Why else would Shireen bring up the crypts? Yeah yeah she's into history but the writers put thought into every word simply as a matter of time management. There's got to be more of a reason to say something so random and so specific (the crypts, not other parts of WF) than just she likes history.

Also, re the hint in the last episode - I didn't catch it and I've been on the R+L=J train since finishing the books 2 years ago. I don't catch visual hints, only verbal. Like, the hints in SOTH were over the top to me. But I know that is only because I am super keyed into the dialogue. So I don't think it was super obvious unless you knew to look for it and catch visual stuff like that. Like that hint all the way back in season 1, the R+L=J carving in the wall next to Jon's face when he tells the story of his parentage to Sam. It's so so obvious if you know to look for those things and catch visual stuff but there's no way I would have seen it. (And no it cannot just be some random accident, it's far too organized in the shot and scene to be random).

Why did Ned Stark lie for all these years?

Because Robert wanted all the Targaryens dead. If he knew the child was born of Rhaegar and the women he was supposed to marry, he would absolutely have had it killed. Ned also, at the Tower of Joy (we're in book world now, not TV world) promised Lyanna SOMETHING on her deathbed, which everybody assumes is that he would raise the child as his own. Ned was so honorable that he didn't even tell his wife the truth, allowing her to live with him falsely betraying her by taking another woman into his bed.

Because Robert wanted all the Targaryens dead. If he knew the child was born of Rhaegar and the women he was supposed to marry, he would absolutely have had it killed. Ned also, at the Tower of Joy (we're in book world now, not TV world) promised Lyanna SOMETHING on her deathbed, which everybody assumes is that he would raise the child as his own. Ned was so honorable that he didn't even tell his wife the truth, allowing her to live with him falsely betraying her by taking another woman into his bed.

It was a rhetorical question.

Archived