Olly [Book Spoilers]

Pretty much agreed. It'll be Olly, for one of them at least. Can even see Edd doing it too now... :(

Can't blame Olly though. Jon's lover Did kill his dad, and the cannibal got some one on one time with the kid and told him some choice things.

Stepping into the kid's shoes I can see his point. He can't see the bigger picture though.

All the Wildlings who sacked his village were killed at the Battle for The Wall short of Tormund, who Jon is now best buds with. I get his hate in a way but he should really understand his family was avenged, and now the dead are the enemy.

All the Wildlings who sacked his village were killed at the Battle for The Wall short of Tormund, who Jon is now best buds with. I get his hate in a way but he should really understand his family was avenged, and now the dead are the enemy.

He's like 8 and just lost his mum and dad. And, he was never at the Fist and has never seen a White Walker or wright.

I don't think Alliser Thorne is going to be a part of it. It's not going in the sense of what they're doing with his character.

My bet is on Othell Yarwyck, Dolorous Edd and MAYBE Olly.

And maybe that third guy who's sitting at the command table alongside Jon, Thorne and Yarwyck. Anyone has any idea who that guy could be? He seems too young to be Bowen Marsh...

Alliser is growing more and more respectful towards Jon. Him going back to hating him and plotting the assassination would be throwing his character development in the garbage trash. Having characters who love Jon growing into hating him is much more interesting than having Alliser do it after he's hated him for 4 seasons.

It might even be that Thorne will defend Jon in that scene.

I never believed Alliser was involved in the books so it makes sense to me that he wont be involved in the show. My prediction for the books is that Marsh thinks he will have Alliser's support but Alliser just court marshals and hangs the lot of them. Hopefully that is what the show is going for.

However I have always been suspicious of Satin's involvement in the book so Olly being involved works for me fine. I have said that I think Olly and Olyvar in KL are two halves of the same character so it wouldn't surprise me if when little Olly gets killed for his part in the stabbing that Olyvar then gets sent to the wall to become Satin and LF's spy.

I think Olly has good reasons for killing Jon. It's not just about revenge, it's because he knows full well the damage the wildlings can do to people in the North and wants to prevent it. They needed to spell this out more obviously than it was done in the books because so many people ended up thinking their must have been warging or KL plots involved to cause the ideas of Marsh when actually GRRM himself thought he gave the conspirators clear and justifiable reasons for killing a Jon who was about to lead a wildling army down south and at the same time as sending a large part of the watch north of the wall, probably to their deaths.

I wonder if the main reason for ageing down Olly/Satin was to stop show watchers shipping Jon and Satin, the reverse of the reason Missandei and other characters have been aged up.

Meh, Alliser Thorne growing respectful doesn't mean anything. He might respect Jon now but after the NW has many casulties in Hardhome trying to save some wildlings he might think Jon is not good enough to be Lord Commander.

If I remember correctly, Bowen Marsh was 'respectful' in the books whenever he talked with Jon but didn't hesitate to stab him for the watch.

Meh, Alliser Thorne growing respectful doesn't mean anything. He might respect Jon now but after the NW has many casulties in Hardhome trying to save some wildlings he might think Jon is not good enough to be Lord Commander.

If I remember correctly, Bowen Marsh was 'respectful' in the books whenever he talked with Jon but didn't hesitate to stab him for the watch.

You misremember :cool4: . He was almost never "respectful", at least once it became clear Jon was going to help the wildlings. He outright accused Jon of treason when Jon decided to allow the wildlings through the Wall.

Thorne has shown much more respect so far at least, although I imagine that's a function of Jon's relatively smart (politically speaking at least) decision to appoint Thorne as lead ranger.

Could even see this child actor getting some backlash after this season once he's revealed as one of the accomplices to assassin Jon. Sullied are gonna be pissed. I remember hearing the actor who played Joff say he was getting a lot of shit from people in the streets. The woman who played Skylar in Breaking Bad was getting death threats lol. People take their TV seriously.

Archived