Olly [Book Spoilers]

I'm also crazy pissed about how they're turning Edd into just another Night's Watch brother.

Show Edd has never been as funny as book Edd. He has like one memorable joke in the show. I'm really surprised how hardcore book fans seem to not care about that... You're the first person I hear say that Edd was butchered.

i will be so pissed if Edd has anything to do with the mutiny apart from tearing the perpetrators a new asshole.

Perhaps the show is using Edd and Olly to set the stage because they are familiar faces, but the actual attackers are different NW members?

Olly is gonna stab Jon and say "you know nothing Jon Snow!" :laugh:

And Ghost, who is likely on scene, will tear his throat out and Jon will blurt out "I know some things".....

Show Edd has never been as funny as book Edd. He has like one memorable joke in the show. I'm really surprised how hardcore book fans seem to not care about that... You're the first person I hear say that Edd was butchered.

I have noticed that as well. The one scene I remember Edd actually reminding me of book Edd was when him, Sam and Grenn? were collecting horse crap. The scene right before Sam comes face to face with the living-dead horse and the Other.

Yeah.....that's not what I said. And he is memorable in the show if you watch it as much as I do. He stands out as not just one of Jons buddies, but whatever. I just like it when characters that are shown as individuals beforehand retain their uniqueness rather than fold into the mold.

Like others have said, Thorne will most likely not be at the Wall when Jon is stabbed. It will hopefully be Bowen Marsh just like in the books (I think the younger guy that spoke against Jon was confirmed as Bowen Marsh). Olly will obviously be a part of that group. I think it will happen when Jon returns to the Wall with an army of wildlings and wants to let them in.

i will be so pissed if Edd has anything to do with the mutiny apart from tearing the perpetrators a new asshole.

Edd, as he putting the knife into Jon: Edd, fetch me a block. Say the line Lord Commander, Edd, fetch me a block!

:laugh:

Like others have said, Thorne will most likely not be at the Wall when Jon is stabbed. It will hopefully be Bowen Marsh just like in the books (I think the younger guy that spoke against Jon was confirmed as Bowen Marsh). Olly will obviously be a part of that group. I think it will happen when Jon returns to the Wall with an army of wildlings and wants to let them in.

Yes from what I know Marsh has been cast and that was him. Marsh will be involved. It won't take much of a setup- 2 -3 episodes max to establish who Marsh is and that he disagrees with Jon's policies and speaks for some contingent of NW brothers. I think in all actuality the show could really just do it in the episode before and the beginning of the episode with the Ides of Marsh, which would probably be 9 + 10?

Maybe Thorne will go full SnapeMode and be the one who saves Jon from the NW. Then we find out that he was in love with Lyanna and secretly hated Rhaegar for taking her but swore to Mormont to defend Jon and oh my god I'm getting sick just typing this.

I have noticed that as well. The one scene I remember Edd actually reminding me of book Edd was when him, Sam and Grenn? were collecting horse crap. The scene right before Sam comes face to face with the living-dead horse and the Other.

Well, I for one, wouldnt say Edd was botchered. Ben Crompton is amazing in the role, his tone sells it all, but yeah, him being one of my favourite minor characters, I'm sad we never had, so far, the full potential of Dolorous Edd views of the world. There's still time though, but I'm afraid he'll die in 508 (though Dolorous Edd should be the last character standing !).

And I dont think he'll be part of the mutiny. They gave him the line about Grenn and Pyp to show that even among Jon's friends, his decisions is wrecking havoc and to pay a tribute to Pyp and Grenn, but I think he'll be loyal to Jon till the end, as he stated in his - sadly not funny at all - line.

Otherwise, in almost unrelated news, I was glad First Builder Yarwick got some more lines ! The actor's been here since the beginning !

I never believed Alliser was involved in the books so it makes sense to me that he wont be involved in the show. My prediction for the books is that Marsh thinks he will have Alliser's support but Alliser just court marshals and hangs the lot of them. Hopefully that is what the show is going for.

However I have always been suspicious of Satin's involvement in the book so Olly being involved works for me fine. I have said that I think Olly and Olyvar in KL are two halves of the same character so it wouldn't surprise me if when little Olly gets killed for his part in the stabbing that Olyvar then gets sent to the wall to become Satin and LF's spy.

I think Olly has good reasons for killing Jon. It's not just about revenge, it's because he knows full well the damage the wildlings can do to people in the North and wants to prevent it. They needed to spell this out more obviously than it was done in the books because so many people ended up thinking their must have been warging or KL plots involved to cause the ideas of Marsh when actually GRRM himself thought he gave the conspirators clear and justifiable reasons for killing a Jon who was about to lead a wildling army down south and at the same time as sending a large part of the watch north of the wall, probably to their deaths.

I wonder if the main reason for ageing down Olly/Satin was to stop show watchers shipping Jon and Satin, the reverse of the reason Missandei and other characters have been aged up.

Satin has always seemed a bit suspicious. There is a lot of descriptions around him about smelling sweet, GRRM often using sweet smells to mask something rotten underneath or to hide some kind of treachery. Alliser Thorne obviously wasn't there in the books, but he could have been part of the group who where planning the assassination of Jon.

Meh, Alliser Thorne growing respectful doesn't mean anything. He might respect Jon now but after the NW has many casulties in Hardhome trying to save some wildlings he might think Jon is not good enough to be Lord Commander.

If I remember correctly, Bowen Marsh was 'respectful' in the books whenever he talked with Jon but didn't hesitate to stab him for the watch.

Looking at the trailer, it does not seem as if there is that many Nights Watch men going on the Hardhome mission. There might only be a handful of then going to Hardhome. The Nights Watch brothers who are left at Castle Black would properly believe that Jon would not return alive. He then returns after the Hardhome mission with a lot of Wildings, and perhaps the Night Watch does not want to let them through tunnel, or if they are on the South side the Nights Watch men dont condone Wildling warriors at Castle Black. Looking at the trailer there are also images of Jon falling down, perhaps he comes back to Castle Black slightly injured, it would then explain why he doesn't react quickly when he is attacked.

http://i.imgur.com/26Z3LnX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rAGtnDk.jpg

I cant see TV Alliser Throne stabbing Jon. He might be a bit of an asshole but he is also the type who is a stickler for the rules and authority, he would not condone mutiny. If Jon was injured at Hardhome then perhaps they dont need so many brothers to stab Jon, it could just be Olly and someone else.

The scene between Jon and Olly was actually very reminiscent, to the scene between Jon and Joer Mormand after Jon tried to desert the Night Watch to join Rob. Only in this scene the roles are obviously reversed, and Jon is now the one in command.

I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT RUINING EDD AT ALL. asdfghjkl

He's genuinely one of my favourite characters. And they've DESTROYED him!!!

And yeah, Olly is definitely stabbing Jon. I just hope they don't ruin Edd completely by having him part of it... Othell Yarwyck will, I'll wager,

I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT RUINING EDD AT ALL. asdfghjkl

He's genuinely one of my favourite characters. And they've DESTROYED him!!!

And yeah, Olly is definitely stabbing Jon. I just hope they don't ruin Edd completely by having him part of it... Othell Yarwyck will, I'll wager,

Yes, I don't think Edd will be involved. My hope is that he was only included to help drive home how much of an uphill battle Jon is fighting with regards to the wildlings.

I think it's clear Olly will be involved. Outside of that, it's up in the air, but with Marsh being cast he will likely be involved as well. Yarwyck is probably the third man I agree. Edd and Thorne won't be involved.

Yeah, but that isn't how the show rolls. They had everyone and their brother talking about GREYSCALE...and now Jorah has GREYSCALE. Olly has been giving dirty looks every time the "free folk" are mentioned, and he just flipped out over Jon's idea, this is the show's idea of foreshadowing, clunky as it is. Just like now everyone is talking about OLDTOWN, so we can safely guess that Sam is going to OLDTOWN, and that this most proably means that Euron will show up next season, we will know this for sure if people start talking about the GREYJOYS and mentioning his name in the last couple episodes of this season.

He is totally going to stab Jon.

I just wanted to say I love your comment... This is how I feel when I watch the show. Internal word counter to see where the plot is headed haha

Someone will have to deliver the "pink letter" to Jon upon his return from Hardhome - maybe Olly could just do that, then have Jon's "who's with me?" speech and then daggers in the dark upon leaving the hall/room his speech was delivered in.

Archived