If Mel is leaving with Stannis, does that mean Bran will save Jon? [Book Spoilers]

Protagonist90

In the books, Mel stays in Castle Black so many speculated that she is the one who will save Jon. But since she leaves in the show, is it likely that Bran will guide Jon back to life? Bran has superpowers!

Since it is different from the books, it does make me wonder about a quote by G.R.R.M.

"This is going to drive your readers crazy, but I love it. I'm still weighing whether to go that direction or not. It's a great twist. It's easy to do things that are shocking or unexpected, but they have to grow out of characters. They have to grow out of situations...This is something that seems very organic and natural, and I could see how it would happen. And with the various three, four characters involved... it all makes sense. But it's nothing I've ever thought of before."

Could it be that the change he is referring to is Mel going away? With Bran and Co. being freed up from the possibility of having to rescue Jon, does that mean they're going to do something we never expected?

In the books, Mel stays in Castle Black so many speculated that she is the one who will save Jon. But since she leaves in the show . . .

See here. Just because she leaves, does not mean she does not come back.

Jon leaving to Hardhome and Melisandre leaving with Stannis is just Benioff and Weiss saying, "Yeah, we are not too much into their narratives in A Dance with Dragons, so we are going to replace it with filler until Jon's ides of March moment."

Jon leaving to Hardhome and Melisandre leaving with Stannis is just Benioff and Weiss saying, "Yeah, we are not too much into their narratives in A Dance with Dragons, so we are going to replace it with filler until Jon's ides of March moment."

Maybe Mel herself delivers the Pink Letter.

Carice talked about one scene after episode 4 and since she's going with Stan to march on Winterfell.She'll return there at some point.

Hardhome certainly sounds more promising than Craster's with all the WW stuff going on and Night's Watch/widlings tension there.

Carice talked about one scene after episode 4 and since she's going with Stan to march on Winterfell.She'll return there at some point.

Hardhome certainly sounds more promising than Craster's with all the WW stuff going on and Night's Watch/widlings tension there.

I get the feeling it will happen soon and Jon will be back at Castle Black reading the Pink letter by Episode 9 and the stabby stabby time.

Mel and Selyse (and probably Shireen) are definitely going back to the Wall. We have scenes of them there in the season's trailers that haven't appeared in the first 5 episodes: Selyse lying on the ground and Mel lighting a pyre. Compared to the distances that Littlefinger teleports to, the travel time between Castle Black and Winterfell is nothing.

I'm interested to see what the dead things in water are. Well i'm pretty sure what the are, but more of what they look like.

I'm interested to see what the dead things in water are. Well i'm pretty sure what the are, but more of what they look like.

I'm of the opinion that Mel has nothing to do with the resurrection of Jon anyway. Remember, Theon is being led to the heart tree. There's a body that could be used to inhabit a warg there that could probably be mended even after mutilation and death by Bran.

Something is definitely going to happen to Shireen, having her burned alive is just GOT type evil stuff they would do. I think Stannis is going to die, and Mel will sacrifice Shireen for Stannis. But if Stannis wakes and his daughter is dead one thing is for sure he is going to go insane and that will be fun to watch.

There is going to be something special about Jon Resurrection, I think most of us are sure that he won't die forever as he is the main protagonist of the story. I also think his resurrection is linked with winter as he is the ice symbol in the story. But what happens to him will be so freaks that the Nights Watch brothers will shrink away from him, because dead man walking is what they are fighting agains so Jon coming back from the dead isn't going to be welcomed.

It depends on whether he actually dies and needs to be revived magically. We still don't know if that's true in the books. There were plenty of people around to stop Jon from being killed. Mel knows how to heal people medically, right?

I think maybe in his comatose state Jon interacts with Bran.

There are many ways for Jon to be resurrected. It has always been a bit strange that so many people would believe that Jon would simply be resurrected by Melisandre, even if she does make it to the wall on time it might not necessarily be her who does the deed. Jon has always been strongly connected to the old gods, if he is resurrected it seems more likely that the old gods would have something to do with it then the Lord of Light. But he might even undergo a similar event to Dany, he could rise if they burned him on a pyre. Or best of all he might just be very gravely injured or in a coma similar to Bran.

There must be a reason why Bran was cut from the season, and the same thing happen with ADWD where GRRM also removed a chapter from Bran. It seems somewhat likely that Bran was removed because he has some communication, intervention or interaction with Jon after being stabbed, which would obviously have given away the cliffhanger.

Melisandre could still play a role if she helped him to heal from his wounds. But who knows the show and the books might not even go into the same direction when it comes the assassination.

Something is definitely going to happen to Shireen, having her burned alive is just GOT type evil stuff they would do. I think Stannis is going to die, and Mel will sacrifice Shireen for Stannis. But if Stannis wakes and his daughter is dead one thing is for sure he is going to go insane and that will be fun to watch.

There is going to be something special about Jon Resurrection, I think most of us are sure that he won't die forever as he is the main protagonist of the story. I also think his resurrection is linked with winter as he is the ice symbol in the story. But what happens to him will be so freaks that the Nights Watch brothers will shrink away from him, because dead man walking is what they are fighting agains so Jon coming back from the dead isn't going to be welcomed.

They are really hitting us over the head with the idea that Shireen will be burned or killed at some point. Sometimes because they are pushing so hard for the death of Shireen, it almost feel like it might end up as a red herring. There is a similar situation with Sweet Robin, he so sickly and Littlefinger has so many schemes it always feels like he is standing with one foot in the grave, and because it is so blatantly obvious it does sometimes make you wonder if it might not just be a red herring.

Perhaps there might be a small reason to keep Shireen alive, she is really the last legitimate Baratheon heir. It Shireen or Stannis dies then the Baratheon house would be completely extinguished.

It is very difficult to say how the series will finish, but if GRRM is going for a real life solution, something that would be a historically accurate representation, then he could actually finish the series with something like Shireen and Jon getting married, for example.

As a practical real life solution it would work really well, you would combine the two lines of claimants for the throne together. The previous Targaryen line as well as the North, with the current Baratheon line as well as the South.

But the story will properly not end with such a direct historical solution, and it also seems very likely that Jon die in the final fight, and the kingdoms could just split up, ext. ext.

With all of the foreshadowing in the show it unfortunately seems very likely that something will happen to Shireen at he end of the season or next season.

We don't know WHO saves Jon in the first place. For all we know, he could save himself. Or some random person.

I think it's premature to say that Melisandre is going to be the one to save him.

Archived