If Mel is leaving with Stannis, does that mean Bran will save Jon? [Book Spoilers]

Protagonist90

Stannis "dies" in the battle of Ice..., Melisandre freaks out, and has shireen sacrificed to save "azor Ahai"

jon opens his eyes.

Awesome.

Im still hoping for Jon's body to be burned but he getting back up and strangling the stabber (Olly), your idea is better though.

Can totally see Ghost hunting down Olly and eatting him.

Stannis "dies" in the battle of Ice..., Melisandre freaks out, and has shireen sacrificed to save "azor Ahai"

jon opens his eyes.

Possibly. The thing I'm thinking about is "Why would the Watch open the gates of the Wall to Jon once/if he returns with an army of wildlings"

I think the show will take a different, less subtle approach. They will probably have him rise from the flames like Dany because 'how badass' and then he will be declared as AA reborn. It will mirror Dany hatching the dragons. It is just so D&D.

I don't think the books will go with this approach, though. I'm all for Bran resurrecting Jon.

That being said, there are rumours that Jon will be carried away by the Nights King. Perhaps, this happens but Bran and the children somehow intervene....?

Perhaps, when Jon is resurrected, he will be the new Nights King.

Mel has no clue, her visions are right but her understanding is wrong. She is seeing the world's destroyer(s) as the worlds saviors.

I hope she returns. In the books Mel kind of starts losing interest in frumpy stannis and begins sniffing around Jon. She tells Jon to keep Ghost close so I assumed that warging was at least an initial part of Jon's resurrection. We know the prolouge with Valmyr Sixskins is relavant. That is in the book, anyway......they never displayed any warging with Jon on HBO so I'd say that they will ruin whatever we expected in the books and come up with something more goofy stupid. The reality is dawning that we will see it on TV before the book is available so we will have less ammunition to critique.

The kiss of life from Mel is the easiest way to do this. Unlike the book Mel has first hand experience of this on the TV show having spoken with Thoros. He says he was mostly a lousey drunk red priest with no powers to his knowledge and suddenly transformed himself in the moment

All I know is that I will be sourly dissappointed if the scene where Mel looks in the fires for Stannis is missing. As we recall she is looking for specifically for Azor Ahai and all she sees is Snow

I never thought Mel would save Jon.

I'm starting to think, though, that Mel, Shireen, and Selyse leaving with Stannis means the Pink Letter is correct, and that Stannis is defeated. In the novels, Shireen, Selyse, and Mel are at CB. Ramsay demands that Jon deliver them. Jon tries to waylay Ramsay, but gets Caesared instead. That means Ramsay can march to CB, which can't be defended from the south, and take the people he wants. In the show, Ramsay doesn't have to march to CB to take Shireen, Mel, Selyse, as they are going with Stannis. Jon's assasination, meanwhile, is probably moved to Hardhome.

I'm starting to think, though, that Mel, Shireen, and Selyse leaving with Stannis means the Pink Letter is correct, and that Stannis is defeated. In the novels, Shireen, Selyse, and Mel are at CB. Ramsay demands that Jon deliver them. Jon tries to waylay Ramsay, but gets Caesared instead. That means Ramsay can march to CB, which can't be defended from the south, and take the people he wants. In the show, Ramsay doesn't have to march to CB to take Shireen, Mel, Selyse, as they are going with Stannis. Jon's assasination, meanwhile, is probably moved to Hardhome.

If Jon isn't assassinated until he gets to Hardhome, I wonder what the precipitating event is that puts his Brothers over the edge. I sorta thought at the beginning of the season that John would be stabbed after the announcement he made in last night's episode. I was hoping the resurrected Jon would be the one to eventually saves the day at Hardhome, etc. Guess I was clearly mistaken.

If Stannis is plagued by blizzard type snowstorms on the way to Winterfell then Shireen may be sacrificed if folks start starving and dying. Wasn't someone in the books executed or burned by committing cannibalism? Theron's sister was repeatedly threatened that she should be sacrificed.

Stannis and Davos would never allow that to happen, though, starving folks or not. Mel can only sacrifice Shireen if Stannis and Davos aren't around to protect the girl. That would imply defeat and separation from those two. Another option is that Shireen's greyscale returns and she goes rabid. Instead of dying a slow, horrible death, she is sacrificed. I still can't see Stannis and Davos letting that happen.

If Jon isn't assassinated until he gets to Hardhome, I wonder what the precipitating event is that puts his Brothers over the edge. I sorta thought at the beginning of the season that John would be stabbed after the announcement he made in last night's episode. I was hoping the resurrected Jon would be the one to eventually saves the day at Hardhome, etc. Guess I was clearly mistaken.

Hardhome doesn't go well for Jon in the novels. It's possible that, in the show, the same shit happens. Ships sink. People start freezing and starving. There are dead things in the water. Both wildlings and crows blame Jon. At that point, anyone could assassinate him.

Stannis and Davos would never allow that to happen, though, starving folks or not. Mel can only sacrifice Shireen if Stannis and Davos aren't around to protect the girl. That would imply defeat and separation from those two. Another option is that Shireen's greyscale returns and she goes rabid. Instead of dying a slow, horrible death, she is sacrificed. I still can't see Stannis and Davos letting that happen.

The theory above makes sense. There is a trailer shot where Selese is majorly grieving - it's either for Stannis or Shireen.

Half of Stannis' army is going to freeze, as per the books - and then we are going to see the actuality of the pink letter. The Boltons are going to kill Stannis - probably Ramsay, to get more of dad's approval.

Mel may put Shireen to the torch to try and save the Mannis and resurrect the Nights King MKII instead.

Davis Seaworth did not want Shireen and Selyse to make the journey because it would be a tough road ahead (Foreshadowing?). Stannis refused because there were too many killers and rapists at the Wall. LOL.....I don't know whether they will be sacrificed or not but I suspect some folks will definitely die along the way. Maybe all of them.

Im thinking that that makes things more positive for Stannis, we know that if Stannis wins WF we would rather have to wife and daughter at a place like WF and not at CB, and would send for them. Plus having Mel close is another weapon for Stannis in regards to seeing a imminent threat a little earlier, so another little thing that can keep Stannis a little safer. The pink letter is a load of BS, as we know Stannis finds out the Karstark plan to betray him, and finds the maestar and the ravens that fly to WF, plus of what he says to Massey implies that he has a plan, and of what he says to Theon of his plan for the upcoming Battle of Ice

If Stannis is plagued by blizzard type snowstorms on the way to Winterfell then Shireen may be sacrificed if folks start starving and dying. Wasn't someone in the books executed or burned by committing cannibalism? Theron's sister was repeatedly threatened that she should be sacrificed.

Ya the Peasebury men I think, but thats very different than killing your own daughter-aint going happen as long as Stannis and Davos have something to say

Something tells me Stannis and co. run into a problem (snow storm?) and send Mel, Shireen and Selyse back to the Wall for some reason.

Nope, Mel and Shireen, and most likely Selyse will stay with Stannis. We see Stannis in trailer 2 in a tent discussing battle plans this would be at least ep7 perhaps even later, plus whats the point of sending them back in a blizzard, there is only one road then and thats forward

Davis Seaworth did not want Shireen and Selyse to make the journey because it would be a tough road ahead (Foreshadowing?). Stannis refused because there were too many killers and rapists at the Wall. LOL.....I don't know whether they will be sacrificed or not but I suspect some folks will definitely die along the way. Maybe all of them.

Stannis would never sacrifice his only daughter even if everyone was dead around him

Really surprised by people thinking that just because Stannis brought everyone with him that he and everyone are going to die, there is absolutely no hint of that. Stannis will defeat the Boltons and wont meet his end by the Boltons thats for sure. They will show the difficulties that Stannis will encounter on the road through the massive snow storm and people will die as we know in ep7 synopsis that Stannis remains stubborn, we also know that Stannis will encounter Theon as well as Stannis having blood on his face from a battle, now I think we will have a battle/skirmish of Stannis forces ambushed but prevail in the end. In the battle of ice even though Stannis's forces a hungry,freezing,dying he has a plan to overcome this battle while the Freys and Boltons dont really.

Archived