If Mel is leaving with Stannis, does that mean Bran will save Jon? [Book Spoilers]

Protagonist90

Something tells me Stannis and co. run into a problem (snow storm?) and send Mel, Shireen and Selyse back to the Wall for some reason.

God I hope so.

Something bad has to happen Stannis very soon if he's to survive, some sort of setback. Far too much is being made of how great a situation he's in and while Roose seems confident, there's no indication that he has this huge Northern/Frey army en route.

He's mentioned the weather a few times, but he also seems set on beating it. If they fast track this and he dies in Ep10 I swear I will burn alive Benioff himself.

Im thinking that that makes things more positive for Stannis, we know that if Stannis wins WF we would rather have to wife and daughter at a place like WF and not at CB, and would send for them. Plus having Mel close is another weapon for Stannis in regards to seeing a imminent threat a little earlier, so another little thing that can keep Stannis a little safer. The pink letter is a load of BS, as we know Stannis finds out the Karstark plan to betray him, and finds the maestar and the ravens that fly to WF, plus of what he says to Massey implies that he has a plan, and of what he says to Theon of his plan for the upcoming Battle of Ice

Ya the Peasebury men I think, but thats very different than killing your own daughter-aint going happen as long as Stannis and Davos have something to say

Nope, Mel and Shireen, and most likely Selyse will stay with Stannis. We see Stannis in trailer 2 in a tent discussing battle plans this would be at least ep7 perhaps even later, plus whats the point of sending them back in a blizzard, there is only one road then and thats forward

I hate that,but something bad will happen to Shireen.It has been foreshadowed in season 4/5 and Carice mentioned there's gonna be another scene in the future episodes between her and Jon,which suggest she's gonna return there at some point.Davos worried about taking Shireen with them on the march to WF,all that shit how about King's blood,last season Mel/Selyse scene that Lord needs her and fantastic Shireen/Stannis did not only humanize him as a character,but this is GoT...something bad will most likely such a great scene.I wish I'm wrong here,but show is making it really obvious like with Jon's heritage or Olly with his Brutus moment.

We don't know WHO saves Jon in the first place. For all we know, he could save himself. Or some random person.

I think it's premature to say that Melisandre is going to be the one to save him.

Fair enough but the idea that Melisandre not being there bolsters the theory that it will be someone else does not have much traction in light of Carice's comments.

Moreover, assuming, for the sake of argument, that she is not going to resurrect him, what could she possibly do with Jon that would be so shocking? I would find it strange that she is referring to something so ordinary like them having sex.

God I hope so.

Something bad has to happen Stannis very soon if he's to survive, some sort of setback. Far too much is being made of how great a situation he's in and while Roose seems confident, there's no indication that he has this huge Northern/Frey army en route.

He's mentioned the weather a few times, but he also seems set on beating it. If they fast track this and he dies in Ep10 I swear I will burn alive Benioff himself.

Well, there were trailer photos with snow falling on Mel and on Brienne. Likely from E7 - "Stannis remains stubborn, Brienne waits". So, I'm assuming a huge blizzard.

There were also trailer photos with fire in Stannis' camp...

I'm really wondering how far they will take Stannis this year!

Just curious .... why does everyone think that Shireen is doomed? While I find it odd that so much attention has been put on her this season, I haven't got the whole "you're doomed girl" feeling yet. Most of the attention on her has been related to Greyscale (which D+D had to beat over our heads to prepare us for the Jorah/Tyrion moment this week) but other than that I haven't felt a Shireen sacrifice being foreshadowed.

Actually, let me rephrase that. I could totally see GRRM doing it in the books, but I don't see D+D having the balls to g that route. Can you imagine the unsullied viewer backlash? Burning a kid alive? Will HBO go that route?

I mean, I guess if they would stab a pregnant woman in the belly....

Just curious .... why does everyone think that Shireen is doomed? While I find it odd that so much attention has been put on her this season, I haven't got the whole "you're doomed girl" feeling yet. Most of the attention on her has been related to Greyscale (which D+D had to beat over our heads to prepare us for the Jorah/Tyrion moment this week) but other than that I haven't felt a Shireen sacrifice being foreshadowed.

Actually, let me rephrase that. I could totally see GRRM doing it in the books, but I don't see D+D having the balls to g that route. Can you imagine the unsullied viewer backlash? Burning a kid alive? Will HBO go that route?

Last season Mel/Selyse scene "Lord needs her",all that stuff with King's blood(how Stannis's blood runs through her veins),Davos not exactly thrilled with the idea of her going on the march.Not to mention Shireen/Stannis scene...it was great,but it feels like the quiet before the storm.Last good moment.

I'm interested to see what the dead things in water are. Well i'm pretty sure what the are, but more of what they look like.

hopefully nothing like the dancing skeletons out of a pirates of the carribean movie if it were made in the 80s type creatures they concocted outside the cave. i thought the army of the dead (that left sam alive) looked bad; those skeletons were worse, and i hope the things in the water are worse than that

Not sure about the resurrection or any of that, but in the books I think Mel will be the only POV at the Wall for a while after Jon gets stabbed.

In the show I think Sam and Gilly will be the main focus there. So that might rule out a potential trip to Oldtown.

Looking at the interview with Carice van Houten it is very difficult to know what exactly she means. Perhaps she meant that S5E04 was already the big seduction scene.

This might be slightly more far fetched, if Carice meant that there are more scenes to come, then perhaps Melisandre does see that Jon is in danger in the flames and she decides to return to Castle Black. Jon might actually get slightly injured at Hardhome. It might also explain why it would be difficult for him to react immediately whilst he is being stabbed. I guess she could take Sansa, Shireen, Theon and whoever with her, and not long after their arrival the pink letter arrives.

I must admit I dont really like sound of hearing about more seduction scenes between Jon and Melisandre. I can already see something like Jon lying around being injured, and Melisandre drugging him up on milk of the poppy or something, and seducing him by pretending to be Ygitte. Urgg I hope something like that doesn't happen.

Not sure about the resurrection or any of that, but in the books I think Mel will be the only POV at the Wall for a while after Jon gets stabbed.

In the show I think Sam and Gilly will be the main focus there. So that might rule out a potential trip to Oldtown.

Definitely seems like they are laying the groundwork for a trip to Oldtown though, what with all the mentions to it? I think Mel, along with Selyse and SHireen, will end up back at the Wall in time for the Ides of Marsh.

I watched the trailer and it is a man on that funeral pyre that is burning. It's got to be Stannis or Davos. You could see the gloved hands and I was trying to figure out if the fingers on one hand were shorter than the other....lol. Edited again to say to make sure that is Stannis' army. Maybe it is Jon Snow.

I watched the trailer and it is a man on that funeral pyre that is burning. It's got to be Stannis or Davos. You could see the gloved hands and I was trying to figure out if the fingers on one hand were shorter than the other....lol.

I think that's supposed to be Aemon.

I'm of the opinion that Mel has nothing to do with the resurrection of Jon anyway. Remember, Theon is being led to the heart tree. There's a body that could be used to inhabit a warg there that could probably be mended even after mutilation and death by Bran.

Yes I have never been in favor of that idea to begin with. I would prefer Bran have something to do with protecting or saving Jon instead of Mel.

Well sadly I think Stannis is going to get captured probably killed as well. I don't think Boltons are going to be defeated if nothing else they are the last evil house standing, characters are needed to create tension in the story. Lannisters had a leg to stand of when Tywin was alive but unfortunately Cersei is a joke so there is no one left to create any trouble except for LF and the dornish are essentially good guys.

I think Jon is going to have to take down Boltons when he is resurrected. It will be his warm up fight before the war at the wall. Mid season 6 is when Jon will be back at WinterFell released from his vows at the Watch and take the Boltons down. I think we better buckle up for a lot of pain for Stannis, his family and Sansa too. I think Sansa might manage to escape to get to Jon and she will return back with Jon for her revenge. I think after the Boltons are eliminated I really think Sansa and Brienne are going to pay LF a visit and take care of him.

Yes I have never been in favor of that idea to begin with. I would prefer Bran have something to do with protecting or saving Jon instead of Mel.

Even I like the idea of Bran saving Jon it should be in the family, to show how the brothers and the starks still connected and they look out for each other and love each other even when they are not together. Afterall Starks are the most loving family of siblings in GOT.

I just hate Mel if she saves him then all the nutty cruel stuff she did would be justified.

Shireen is doomed because good people like her don't survive the story and we all love her, after having terrible parents and childhood she is kind and gentle and wise beyond her years. If she lives to adulthood she would be a great ruler. Stannis loves her and if she dies it will break his heart and if he lives to see it perfect recipe for broken hearts for a man who lost it all in his quest for the iron throne, no brothers and no children.

Even I like the idea of Bran saving Jon it should be in the family, to show how the brothers and the starks still connected and they look out for each other and love each other even when they are not together. Afterall Starks are the most loving family of siblings in GOT.

I just hate Mel if she saves him then all the nutty cruel stuff she did would be justified.

I have never been a fan of Mel. Her character just bothers me, so I really dislike any possible connection she could have with Jon and the Starks.

I think Bran may have a role. How I don't know. As Sj4 mentioned above, we have no idea at the moment what it going on in terms of Jon's state.

Personally I think Jon is wounded, but not mortally wounded, and Ghost arrived on scene. How Ghost got there, I think, could have something to do with Bran/BR. No idea, pure speculation. I do believe Ghost is there though, and Jon may not need the type of saving many people believe he needs.

Archived