[book spoilers] Oldtown

Mos

For the second episode in a row, Oldtown was mentioned.

Which made me wonder, do you people think Sam and Gilly will go there this season? I thought their storyline was cut, but now I'm not as sure anymore. The scene between Sam and Gilly really established the Citadel. Maybe we will even get Euron?

The way they have tried to speed up the story to catch up they should already be on their way. Looks like Meryn Trant gets killed instead of Dareon so Sam will take a more direct route.

I am sure it is not more then a hop skip and a jump. Scene on dock leaving. View of shore next episode

Oldtown hasn't only been mentioned, when Gilly asks what the Citadel is, she's making the question the viewers are making and when Sam responds that it's the place where the maesters learn, he's pretty much speaking to the viewers.

I don't why they would bother with this unless Sam is going... unfortunately Maester Aemon needs to die before this happens.

More clues: In episode 1 Gilly asks not to send her away, Sam responds "Wherever you go, I go too" and she says "You can't go, they'll execute you" Unless the Lord Commander sends him, heh.

Also in E7, Gilly and Sam will have a sex scene according to recapped.com... fat pink mast.

I expect that at Eastwatch in E7, Sam will go South and Jon North with Stannis' ships.

For the second episode in a row, Oldtown was mentioned.

Which made me wonder, do you people think Sam and Gilly will go there this season? I thought their storyline was cut, but now I'm not as sure anymore. The scene between Sam and Gilly really established the Citadel. Maybe we will even get Euron?

First, congrats on your predictions in the S5 deaths thread! I think you predicted Barristan back in November - that's quite a feat!

Second, I've long thought that they were holding Balon off because they actually do want to do something with the Ironborn, just not the whole ship-delivery-business thing. Also, an Ironborn attack on the Reach could provide a nice diversion for S6 while we wait for Dany (and help topple the Tyrells, who are doing far too good in my opinion).

So, from my point of view - bring it on!

Sam and Gilly are definitely going to Oldtown, they will probably come along Jon and the wildlings to take care of Stannis' boats and somehow end up heading south instead. I don't expect them to reach there until season 6, though. Episode 10 will likely end with them leaving Eastwatch-by-the-See (think Arya heading to Braavos in season 4).

Also, the only reason for the show runners to keep Balon alive is to have him take on the function of one of his brothers from the books. Wouldn't surprise me to see him outside Meereen by the end of this season or the beginning of the next.

I really want to see Randyll Tarly he is such an asshole I want see a Father and Son confrontation. The story is littered with father and son bad relations add one more to the mix.

last night during the Roose/Ramsey story of his mother got me realizing just how important the Father/son/daughter dynamic plays in the story...

last night during the Roose/Ramsey story of his mother got me realizing just how important the Father/son/daughter dynamic plays in the story...

Did anyone feel tiny bit sorry for Ramsay to hear from his father that he raped his mother, even for Ramsay that must have been somewhat shocking to hear. Ramsay did not know how his mother died and he did look stunned maybe a little scared of his father. And why should the peasant girl need Roose permission to marry I am sorry I didn't understand that part but my mouth was at the floor hearing Roose talking about rape like he is discussing weather.

You are right in GOT family relationships play a critical role in shaping characters future and their destinies.

Jon neglect by his step mother and his father silence drove him to take the black.

Tyrion tortured by his family turns a drunk and a man whore.

Sam brutalized by his father turns a coward

Theon abandoned by his father turns traitor

Dany abused by her brother turns confused and entitled

Yeah, I think the Sam scene where he explains how he always wanted to be a maester is foreshadowing him going to Oldtown. Aemon's gonna die and that will justify sending Sam there so that he can replace him.

I love Sam he is an awesome character and it would be great to see him with chains around his neck. But they have to go drop Gilly, I am sorry I am all for romance and happy ending but this one is a cheat. They need to take the vows seriously it should mean something in the story, and do maesters take wives. I want Sam to grow out of his gilly fixation and be a better man worthy of Nights Watch.

Whilst i'm excited at the possibility of us going to the Citadel I really am dreading how they will put it onscreen after the disasters we've seen so far this season. The way D&D are going it'll feel like it's next door to Castle Black and probably will be full of hookers or stonemen. Or they will just blend it into Highgarden so we get more time with the Tyrells.

However I just feel they've wasted too much time on other pointless plot-lines to add in another one that could lead nowhere. If they are set fast on ending after S7 then don't add more to the mix as it'll start getting to convoluted, it's already starting to get a bit messy with various players seemingly teleporting all over the seven kingdoms each week.

Whilst i'm excited at the possibility of us going to the Citadel I really am dreading how they will put it onscreen after the disasters we've seen so far this season. The way D&D are going it'll feel like it's next door to Castle Black and probably will be full of hookers or stonemen. Or they will just blend it into Highgarden so we get more time with the Tyrells.

However I just feel they've wasted too much time on other pointless plot-lines to add in another one that could lead nowhere. If they are set fast on ending after S7 then don't add more to the mix as it'll start getting to convoluted, it's already starting to get a bit messy with various players seemingly teleporting all over the seven kingdoms each week.

They have totaly fucked up the geography I know it is used as plot device so we will just have to deal with it.

Crazy wild theory time (cause why not ?) :

Arya will kill Trant in episode 9.

Sam will arrive in Braavos in episode 10 (I think they could have been able to hide John Bradley in Croatia or shot his potential scenes there at Belfast in studios) and meet Arya on the run from the Faceless Men after her personal kill. She'll embark with him to Oldtown and the Citadel and be part of the storyline there (maybe take up some of Sarella's plot)if (and all that crazy wild speculation lays on that fragile "if") the show decides to feature the Maester arc/ conspiracy / plot / trainings or whatever.

Randyll Tarly has been mentioned like 20 times, and he's yet to show up. Two mentions of Oldtown isn't enough for me to be sold. I hope they do though. I want to see every location I can.

They made two mentions of stone men and then they turned up the next episode. Oldtown looks in by D&D standards.

Crazy wild theory time (cause why not ?) :

Arya will kill Trant in episode 9.

Sam will arrive in Braavos in episode 10 (I think they could have been able to hide John Bradley in Croatia or shot his potential scenes there at Belfast in studios) and meet Arya on the run from the Faceless Men after her personal kill. She'll embark with him to Oldtown and the Citadel and be part of the storyline there (maybe take up some of Sarella's plot)if (and all that crazy wild speculation lays on that fragile "if") the show decides to feature the Maester arc/ conspiracy / plot / trainings or whatever.

No, because Mel said she will meet again with Arya. She will be going North in the books with Justin Massey. Someone else will play that role in the show.

Did anyone feel tiny bit sorry for Ramsay to hear from his father that he raped his mother, even for Ramsay that must have been somewhat shocking to hear. Ramsay did not know how his mother died and he did look stunned maybe a little scared of his father. And why should the peasant girl need Roose permission to marry I am sorry I didn't understand that part but my mouth was at the floor hearing Roose talking about rape like he is discussing weather.

In the book they explain that the Boltons still practice an ancient outlawed tradition known as the "First Night", where the Lord has the right to bed any woman married on his lands before her husband. This is the real reason that Roose kills the woman's husband, for denying him his lordly rights. However, my understanding is that in general, one does need the permission of a liege lord to be married.

Archived