[Book spoilers] Jorah's grayscale = pale mare?

Rhoynar

Many people are saying that last episode's Valyria scene shows that there will be no (f)Aegon on the show and that Jorah will be taking Connington's place in the grayscale plot.

However, it's also possible that the show producers didn't want to create the pale mare in the show not to divert attention from grayscale, that might become important in the books and they need to consolidate for the unsullied. If this is the case, Jorah will carry grayscale to Meereen instead of Westeros.

If (f)Aegon doesn't appear this season, he can still be introduced next one (without the Tyrion plot). Him appearing out of the blue will make the whole thing look more suspicious and fake to unsullied watchers, which is what producers might want.

OP - I agree the show is scrapping Pale Mare and just going with greyscale.

But I think the show is also scrapping fAegon and Jon Con.

I think Jorah will take the greyscale to Slaver's Bay, as a replacement for the Pale Mare. I think this is all about Dany's plotline - will, she get greyscale, is she immune, will it cause her to finally head to Westeros.

I don't think Tyrion will be a Targ - I think varys has already described exactly what he is - a politcian and power player that works behind the faces that people follow - like Dany.

Could it be that if Jorah is taking Connington's place that Tyrion is taking fAegon's? A lot of people think Tyrion could end up being a Targ anyhow.

Why would Tyrion take fAegon's place when Jorah already has a Targaryan that he is sworn to serve? Jorah wants to be Dany's adviser, and will likely serve her until one or the both of them die.

I tend to think Tyrion is a Targaryen. But even if he isn't.......he will still ride a dragon. I also believe Jonah has replaced Jon Conington. Ageon in the books was most likely a Blackfyre pretender. Greyscale is the new pale mare and will probably spread faster than it did in the books.

He's not. Everyone can't be the child of someone else in this series. The author puts in one secret Targ and the readers find ten more. :lmao:

But yes Greyscale = Pale mare, since Jorah is going to Mereen. Things are going to get... hard

He's not. Everyone can't be the child of someone else in this series. The author puts in one secret Targ and the readers find ten more. :lmao:

But yes Greyscale = Pale mare, since Jorah is going to Mereen. Things are going to get... hard

Well, when the author hints pretty heavily that there has to be three.....

This would be bad news... anything that drags us deeper into the cesspool that is the Mereen plot can't be good.

I wonder if we would already be reading The Winds of Winter if GRRM had just had Dany leave Meereen like she did Astapor. The whole series ground to a halt there.

I wonder if we would already be reading The Winds of Winter if GRRM had just had Dany leave Meereen like she did Astapor. The whole series ground to a halt there.

You could also point to all the Dornish and Ironborn POVs as well I think. I mean, 1 or 2- Fine. But there are like 8. Quentyn's chapters were the most wasteful and pointless to me.

I don't think there will be a Pale Mare or an equivalent in Mereen. Yunkai is at peace with Mereen, there is no siege nor slaver coalition. Mereen's problems are only internal.

We aren't watching a theater like reading of the books. We're watching a series based on the books, and I think we should be enjoying the ride rather than trying to image how things in the books will happen in the show, because most stuff in the books will not happen in the show.

IMO the greyscale breakout will not occur until Dany/Jorah (however the logistics of that work out) are in Westeros. That seems to be the most logical reason to have him become infected in place of Jon Connington. To me it just confirms that greysclae plays a role in the story moving forward.

I doubt that the show will spend time on a large Greyscale outbreak in Mereen. There isn't time for that in season 5 (Tyrion and Jorah have to be captured by slavers, get to Mereen, Jorah sold/sentenced into the fighting pits and Dany flies away and the season ends.) Season 6 probably won't spend much time in Mereen at all - Dany and her entourage are going to have to start moving toward Westeros. If the Pale Mare outbreak in Mereen was going to happen in the show, it should be happening right now, but it isn't. It is skipped. Whatever is going to happen with Jon Con/showJorah is going to happen in Westeros.

Anyway, they could have just done the Pale Mare story easily in season 5 with one audience chamber scene ("people are dying of a terrible plague, my queen. What should we do?") and one Dany excursion to visit the sick. I assumed the show would include the Pale Mare, because that was a great Dany moment - both kind and reckless. And you don't have to give an origin story for a communicable disease that breaks out among poor people during war. The show didn't explain how the Iron Born got sick at Moat Cailin.

Instead, they put in a bunch of little scenes with secondary characters to talk about Greyscale, so there must be something important about Greyscale beyond it being a communicable disease that makes life worse in Mereen.

I do think Jorah is replacing Jon Connington and that Aegon VI will not be in the show (will make me thinks that Aegon VI will die soon in the books). But I don't believe the greyscale is replacing the pale mare. First, as Janicia have said, the do not have the time to put a massive outbreak in Meereen. And second, because the pale mare (hence the problem with the Meeren siege) kills the person is relatively short time. They greyscale, as we could see with Shireen and the Stone Men, last years (an even could be stopped from growing like in Shireen).

Archived