[Book Spoilers] Howland Reed?

We don't know for sure, but given the ages of Meera and Jojen, I would tend to think that he's most likely in his 30s or 40s.

That's what I thought. I also wouldn't expect him to appear this early, but then again this is the show, and weirder things have happened.

Didn't Ramsey 'dispose' (for lack of a better word) of Winterfell's servants? ie Old Nan? We don't know what happened to her or the rest of them. So then who would this man be? He said he knew Ned's father. Did Howland know him too? How did Howland learn of Ned's death? If he found out about that, then maybe he is abreast of other current situations too? I could see him as Howland Reed but unfortunately not in the show. OP good catch though. Wouldn't it be nice, if he is Howland, that he is the one who rescues Sansa? poisons Ramsey/Roose? Ah, one can only dream...lol

Has it been mentioned before the significance of Howland's name? 'How'? To me, 'how' would lead to the answering of questions? I only mentioned that because of what GRRM named that character, forgot what it was, in the last released chapter. 'How L and? ' could be a pun of sorts too. How Lyanna and ? Oh my, have I descended to this level of crack pottery? lol

There's just absolutely no way that's Howland Reed.

I know some unsullied who are fairly quick on picking things up at work...who are saying there's too many plot lines this season...after they're combining arcs. They're not going to drop Howland suddenly out of thin air...people are confused as hell with what they already have.

There's just absolutely no way that's Howland Reed.

I know some unsullied who are fairly quick on picking things up at work...who are saying there's too many plot lines this season...after they're combining arcs. They're not going to drop Howland suddenly out of thin air...people are confused as hell with what they already have.

They aren't alone lol Include me too and I've read the books....It is fun to talk to people who are at different stages in the story - unsullied, those who have read the first book, haven't been to the forum and are so excited about their theory of R + L = J. I think that says a lot about the ASOIAF fan base. That it is so varied and large. I often wonder about how GRRM feels about the response the books/show have gotten. Do you think when he was writing the first book, that he anticpated us tearing apart every sentence (and words..) for clues? lol Personally, I think he is brilliant. If I had all those stories in my head, it would explode haha

Didn't Ramsey 'dispose' (for lack of a better word) of Winterfell's servants? ie Old Nan? We don't know what happened to her or the rest of them. So then who would this man be? He said he knew Ned's father. Did Howland know him too? How did Howland learn of Ned's death? If he found out about that, then maybe he is abreast of other current situations too? I could see him as Howland Reed but unfortunately not in the show. OP good catch though. Wouldn't it be nice, if he is Howland, that he is the one who rescues Sansa? poisons Ramsey/Roose? Ah, one can only dream...lol

Has it been mentioned before the significance of Howland's name? 'How'? To me, 'how' would lead to the answering of questions? I only mentioned that because of what GRRM named that character, forgot what it was, in the last released chapter. 'How L and? ' could be a pun of sorts too. How Lyanna and ? Oh my, have I descended to this level of crack pottery? lol

^^ If only his first born was named Rej.

That's pretty brilliant.....

....and so is that....

Archived