Will Missandei die?

Candor

This was a random thought I had this morning, but is it really out there?

My only guess at why we are getting so much build up for a romance between Missandei and GW in the show is that it will ultimately have some sort of tragic ending, probably with one or both of them getting killed. Grey Worm was just seriously injured, but lived, which makes me wonder why that would happen, for him to be killed in the near future anyway.

Second, we get a conversation between Dany and Missandei this week where a) Missandei reaffirms that she thinks Dany is a good queen, wise, etc and b ) Dany points out that she values her opinion highly. This seems to be to show the viewers that they have a close relationship if that wasn't obvious already. It also sets up Dany's string of decision making immediately after in the episode, but I digress. Sentimental moments between characters often take place right before the axe (or what have you) falls.

If this happened, I could see it taking place in the chaos of Daznak's pit, or shortly afterward. I think Team Dany will face at least one other blow before leaving for Westeros, and she could be that casualty.

I like her in the books but she's just this soppy and dull character in the show who is only there to prolong an improbable relationship that chews too much time up and has nothing to do with the story. So I hope that either Missandei or Grey Worm die in the show very soon so D and D can stop pissing about and spend more time on more interesting material that actually is in the books.

Probably not. They are the only 2 token black people on the show so they are not going kill them off.

In a show which parallels fictious history of medieval Europe, there aren't going to be many black characters. I don't know what the fuss is about. It's not like we will get many white or black characters on a show about medieval Japan or Indian subcontinent.

I don't see why he/she have to die, Dany needs a leader of the Unsullied and she needs a female close aswell especially since she has no Dothraki handmaidens around.

The way I see it, the Missandei/Greyworm romance is to give the actors something to act instead of saying 'yes, your grace' all the time.

But if one of the two is to die, Grey Worm is more likely... maybe a leader of the Unsullied is not really needed in the future but another female other than Dany in the storyline is definitely necessary.

Keep in mind, we live in a politically correct pro liberal Hollywood/world

There are few blacks in the story and so some 'need' to be injected.

Minority rights and all that.

They can't kill them until suitable replacements are found.

(Kill Miss, let GW live and find a new black person to put in the story)

I actually miss 'ducksauce'--maybe there was food in that big vault....

Using The Walking Dead approach of how to kill a sub-main character, first you draw 'some' attention to the background character, then you draw 'undue and persistent' attention to a character who has been a red-shirt most of the time, and then you kill them. I believe the idea behind this approach is to manipulate the audience into caring about sub-main character X so that their death has meaning. For some reason, it does not seem to occur to the writers that the viewers DO NOT CARE and so all the build-up is a waste of time. Viewers can understand the difference between say Tyrion to GW, or Sansa to Missendei. Since GW has apparently come through his injury, it does not look good for M.

I kinda felt like GreyWorm is fighting his faceless man training and falling in love. . . Kinda like the reverse of what Aria is doing. But that's just what this book reader is hoping. :)

He isn't a faceless man, he is an unsullied. So he is fighting his eunuch nature and falling in love.

Missandei and Greyworm have a more developed romance than Dany and Dario now and it moves the plot no where. They have chosen to condense two books into one season and already have to cut so much stuff. So it's not like they are lacking for book content, but they think this romance story is a better use of their limited screen time.

Keep in mind, we live in a politically correct pro liberal Hollywood/world

There are few blacks in the story and so some 'need' to be injected.

Minority rights and all that.

They can't kill them until suitable replacements are found.

(Kill Miss, let GW live and find a new black person to put in the story)

I actually miss 'ducksauce'--maybe there was food in that big vault....

Exactly, I noticed this too. Lately Their story depends on such factors instead of solid reasoning.

Arya will kill her and take her face.

If they were really interested in using black actors more in the show they would have had interesting Salladhor Saan go to the wall with Stannis and then he could have given the Dany info-dump to poor Aemon rather than having that completely unbelievable letter from nowhere read by soppy Sam.

I don't see why he/she have to die, Dany needs a leader of the Unsullied and she needs a female close aswell especially since she has no Dothraki handmaidens around.

The way I see it, the Missandei/Greyworm romance is to give the actors something to act instead of saying 'yes, your grace' all the time.

But if one of the two is to die, Grey Worm is more likely... maybe a leader of the Unsullied is not really needed in the future but another female other than Dany in the storyline is definitely necessary.

Yes this is exactly it. They are trying to flesh out the supporting cast around Dany. I am not sure if this is the best way to do it but it doesn't bother me that much.

Interestingly the show only people seem to love these two, atleast that is the impression I get from reading the the threads over at PTV. They seemed to be more upset after episode 4 that Greyworm was dead instead of Ser Barristan.

If Missandei turns out to be a secret Harpy, it would make things interesting since Greyworm is fighting for Dany. :)

I'm not one for romance, but I kinda like seeing these two.

Just the opinion of a politically correct, liberal, Unsullied. ;p

Edit to add that I wouldn't mind seeing one of them working for the enemy, nor would I mind seeing one or both of them get killed off, and I was super bummed that both Ser Barristan and Greyworm dropped. I thought they had killed them both off <//3

Archived