Will Missandei die?

Candor

In a show which parallels fictious history of medieval Europe, there aren't going to be many black characters. I don't know what the fuss is about. It's not like we will get many white or black characters on a show about medieval Japan or Indian subcontinent.

Right, like when they make movies about Egypt with all white casts? Let's get real there's only the supreme necessity for historical accuracy in a fiction when the area is predominantly white.

Right, like when they make movies about Egypt with all white casts? Let's get real it's only a supreme necessity of historical accuracy in a fiction when the area is predominantly white.

Dude, it's totally believable that a guy called the Prince of Persia would just happen to be light-skinned and blue-eyed

lol

I'm not politically correct at all but I do find it odd how everyone's complaining about the Greyworm & Missandei romance while giving Samwell and Gilly a free pass. What has Gilly brought to the story? Nothing. And in this season her only purpose is to give Samwell some screen time because he too has become irrelevant. If Grissandei is just an excuse to have token black people on the show, then Gamwell is just an excuse to have a token fat nerd on the show.

In a way we're getting the same thing from both romances. In each, one of the players is portrayed as less educated, and their more erudite love interest helps teach them things (Sam to Gilly with a lot of cultural things, and Missandei to Grey Worm in language tutoring). In both, the romance is seen as harder to realize because one party has some sort of issue (GW is a eunuch and at first didn't seem romantically inclined, Sam doesn't think he's worthy and Gilly is coming from abuse so he doesn't want to push it). So it's kinda repetitive.

When it comes right down to it, I'm not a fan of either romance, but I don't know, I just don't really see race factoring into it. And if you take into account book lovers are going to give more credit to something that was in the books (Gilly/Sam) vs. something that wasn't (Missandei was a child in the books and there was no romance), I think you can see some reason for why this "ship" isn't loved.

In a way we're getting the same thing from both romances. In each, one of the players is portrayed as less educated, and their more erudite love interest helps teach them things (Sam to Gilly with a lot of cultural things, and Missandei to Grey Worm in language tutoring). In both, the romance is seen as harder to realize because one party has some sort of issue (GW is a eunuch and at first didn't seem romantically inclined, Sam doesn't think he's worthy and Gilly is coming from abuse so he doesn't want to push it). So it's kinda repetitive.

When it comes right down to it, I'm not a fan of either romance, but I don't know, I just don't really see race factoring into it. And if you take into account book lovers are going to give more credit to something that was in the books (Gilly/Sam) vs. something that wasn't (Missandei was a child in the books and there was no romance), I think you can see some reason for why this "ship" isn't loved.

Thank you. I wish certain viewers could discuss Missandei/Grey Worm without bringing their race into it. Discuss it on its own merits without mentioning what race they are. If they were whatever race, and it was the same kind of story, I think people's reactions would be similar.

Now that we've got that out the way: It's a boring storyline. Needs to be dropped.

thisa is the whole point of the thread ..there is no wrong in Sam/gilly because its in the books and greyworm and missandei is not in the books ...and not to mention one happens to be in the storyline of jon and other happens to be in dany's which shows the obvious hate ...

the ship isnt loved by who may i ask almost all of the unsullied love them go and see any reaction videos or tweets of an unsullied ...even those who read the books like them ...it took what 2 mins this season and 3 mins last season total of five mins approx and people hate it

They hate it because it's boring and dumb. Grey Worm for starters is a eunuch. The Sam and Gilly thing is tedious as well, even in the novels, but at least it's in the books.

again the people i see hating their scenes are book readers ...show watchers like both greyworm and misandei and also sam and gilly ...but the book readers hate this because as you say its not in the books ...and even many book readers likes them ...

and they had whole a total of around 6 mins with three mins each in last season and last episode ...so in a show which is about 540 mins only 5 mins will be taken by them and those scenes are there to develop characters in dany's arc...and their screentime is only taken from dany herself ...

and obviously nook purists will hate them even more now that barrisatn is dead

I wouldnt like Misandrei to die. She is a cute character and quite sweet in some scenes.

But GW has to go. He is just expressionless and pointless. Give him a heroic death in the pitt, by say Drogon and be done with it.

Misandrei and Tyrion or Misandrei and Jorrah on the other hand :D

I wouldnt like Misandrei to die. She is a cute character and quite sweet in some scenes.

But GW has to go. He is just expressionless and pointless. Give him a heroic death in the pitt, by say Drogon and be done with it.

Misandrei and Tyrion or Misandrei and Jorrah on the other hand :D

I don't want him to have a heroic death. The Dothraki were randomly butchered in Qarth and then disappeared completely after season 3. Barristan travelled halfway around the world to die in an alley. The second sons no longer exist outside of the less interesting portrayal of Daario. I don't see why Grey Worm deserves anything better.

He's an unsullied. He's supposed to be expressionless. And he's their leader and one of Dany's military counselors, just like he is in the books. That's hardly pointless.

Except he doesnt give away that feeling of awe you would feel in front of such a eunuch. He looks like a kid that would get bullied in school, not like someone who trained for war since he was 10 or so

I don't think she'll die yet. I think she will be one of Dany's betrayers and may be killed for it but I get the hunch she'll not only betray and outsmart Dany but get away with it as well. After all, she seems to be a child prodigy.

Thats why she is DIY an Unsullied HAHAHA

I don't think she'll die yet. I think she will be one of Dany's betrayers and may be killed for it but I get the hunch she'll not only betray and outsmart Dany but get away with it as well. After all, she seems to be a child prodigy.

yes because dany is so stupid and always be betrayed by the people she cares and trust ...

i dont know which books you are reading but its not going to happen ...

They hate it because it's boring and dumb. Grey Worm for starters is a eunuch. The Sam and Gilly thing is tedious as well, even in the novels, but at least it's in the books.

:agree: Exactly. I don't know why they added it in when there are book romances we didn't get on the show.

Except he doesnt give away that feeling of awe you would feel in front of such a eunuch. He looks like a kid that would get bullied in school, not like someone who trained for war since he was 10 or so

According to Martin:

If Grey Worm's physique is important (or will be), what would you like to tell about his description??

Grey Worm is young, late 20s or so. As a eunuch, his face would be very smooth, with no trace of facial hair. No beard, mustache, stubble, etc. He's a soldier, so he's fit, but he would not have a bodybuilder's physique. I see him a square, solid guy, maybe a bit on the stocky side, medium height, short brown hair. The Unsullied are trained to be very clean, so his uniform and gear, while plain and without ornament, would be immaculate. A serious looking face, on the edge of solemn. The Unsullied do not display much emotion.

yes because dany is so stupid and always be betrayed by the people she cares and trust ...

i dont know which books you are reading but its not going to happen ...

Wow! It's so unique to question someone's reading abilities when they have a different opinion that yours. Being betrayed means trust is broken so the fact that Dany's been told that she will be betrayed means people she trusts and cares about will disappoint her. Like Jorah. Was he in the books you read? Did he give information about Dany to Varys? The fact that she was betrayed by him hardly means she's stupid. She didn't expect him to trade her secrets but he betrayed her for gold and a pardon. Dany was also told she would be betrayed for love. My theory is that will be Missandei, again, because she doesn't expect her to do something like that. It doesn't have to be your theory.

Archived