Bumping for TWOW V4

Kikajon

b...bu..b.... bu.....

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I WONT DO IT! I WONT! NAY SAYS I !!

I shall not succumb, rather I shall be the stone shore that holds back the tide. Even as the waves erode me to my very bones, trying to chip away at the resolve I have within, I shall not let my soul be laid bare. I shall not let it be laid bare so that the legion of bumpers may pick it clean, like the carrion crows over a carcass.....

...................................................................................

Okay I'm over it: BUMP

I think I'll be making the dramatic thread I was talking about this weekend. I was planning for it a few days ago but a couple things got in the way.

How about we switch from just "bump" -ing to using quotes about winter, or winds, or both?  

“I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.”           ~Lewis Carroll,  Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass

How about trivia as well?

The Greeks had four gods associated with the four principal winds;

Boreas (the northern wind) who brought (relatively) cold weather to Greece,

Zephyr (the west wind) who brought moisture and was associated with spring and was married to Chloris, whom the Romans worshiped as Flora, the goddess of Flowers.

Notos (the south wind) was the bringer of storms.

And Eurus (the eastern wind) who.....was just kind of there...

Aeolus ? :leaving:

Wasn't he like the ruler of the other four? In any case they had more, the four I named here just the ones associated with the principal winds. I think he wind gods were like the River Gods, every wind had a god (I could be wrong about that)

Anyway I think he only appears in the Odyssey and I hate the Odyssey (Really just Odysseus, he doesn't deserve Penelope)

Archived