Bumping for TWOW V4

Kikajon

There is no work for me on my internship. I wasn't bored I wrote on the internship report I have to submit ot my university, read newspaper articles and betaread a part of a novel, but I could have done all these things at home. I wouldn't have needed to get up that early. 

I suspect the rest of the week will be similar. 

Camp is good. The writing not so much. I've written a total of 59 words. Seem to be in a self-defeating mode at the moment.

Of course the kids have been taking turns with a cold. That never helps.

I was thinking today that if I can get this draft finished before school is out, there's actually a chance of getting it out for the holiday season, which would be ideal since it's set mostly at the North Pole.

On 07/04/2017 at 2:28 AM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

It's Camp NaNoWriMo and I've barely written a thing. My procrastination skills are top-notch lately.

I thought NaNoWriMo was November?

I wish I had time to write, new job and the damn commuting are killing me.

13 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

NaNoWriMo is in November yes, but there is Camp NaNoWriMo in April and June. During Camp people can set their own goals and get sorted into cabins where they can talk with other writers. 

@Lady Blizzardborn Ah.. I hope your kids get better. 

A story set at the Nordpole sounds definetely interesting. 

I never have time in April to do the Camp. I have particapated in the July Camps for the last 3 years, but this year I'll be travelling and I don't think I've time for it.

23 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

QoP is correct, except that the second Camp is in July, not June.

10 hours ago, Queen of Procrastination said:

NaNoWriMo is in November yes, but there is Camp NaNoWriMo in April and June. During Camp people can set their own goals and get sorted into cabins where they can talk with other writers. 

@Lady Blizzardborn Ah.. I hope your kids get better. 

A story set at the Nordpole sounds definetely interesting. 

I never have time in April to do the Camp. I have particapated in the July Camps for the last 3 years, but this year I'll be travelling and I don't think I've time for it.

The kids are doing a lot better, but now my husband is sick. Luckily he will take his medicine without a fight. :)

I have the opposite issue on Camps. Can't usually do July because of the kids' summer vacation. But with some summer programs for them this year it might be a possibility. Spring Break this week is not helping.

Yeah, about my story...this ain't your grandparents' North Pole. Or since this is decidedly not for kids I should probably say it ain't your grandkids' North Pole.

On 12.4.2017 at 8:38 PM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

QoP is correct, except that the second Camp is in July, not June.

The kids are doing a lot better, but now my husband is sick. Luckily he will take his medicine without a fight. :)

I have the opposite issue on Camps. Can't usually do July because of the kids' summer vacation. But with some summer programs for them this year it might be a possibility. Spring Break this week is not helping.

Yeah, about my story...this ain't your grandparents' North Pole. Or since this is decidedly not for kids I should probably say it ain't your grandkids' North Pole.

What genre is this North Pole story? 

Hope you don't get sick as well

15 hours ago, Queen of Procrastination said:

What genre is this North Pole story? 

Hope you don't get sick as well

Humor, or Mainstream. My goals are for the story to be amusing and to take most people's conceptions of the North Pole and spin them on their heads (the conceptions, not the people). :D

That sounds good. I would love to read one of you published books, but I have currently more than 60 unread books lying around in my room and therefore I've banned myself from banning any new books within the next two months. 

I'm not sure if I'll actually achieve that, but I'll try. 

Archived