Bran in season 5?

Sunrise Nymph

I tried posting this in another thread yesterday, but got no replies, so I'm testing my luck again here! I just have to ask a quick question - since this is episode 5 and we're offically halfway in the season, I just wonder if anyone has any thoughts on Bran this season? Personally, I think it would be a good move to keep him away the whole season, and maybe a creepy scene with Bloodraven right at the very end - ooor not at all, as it might confuse viewers when he's been gone the entire season… I just think his storyline takes time, it would be badass to suddenly see him having learnt a bit and having become "underground" up beyond the wall. If they want him in this season at all I guess I can't see anywhere he would fit… Has the actor even been on set for this season, anyone know?

Thank you guys so much for answering! I also had that similar thought with him being the last shot of the last episode this season, that would have been awesome imo. But it seems quite certain that he won't have any arc this season, which I'm also happy with, as I think that would just appear messy. This season's arcs are pretty much laid out now (though it remains to see how they play out). Althought I suppose we never know if they want a final-half arc for someone else.

There were rumours that Bran will be absent this season but they were casting for CotF before filming began. We'll probably get something.

And it was said the actor wouldn't be shooting any scenes this year, which is curious phrasing and leaves an opening for spoken lines having been recorded.

I reckon we are more likely to hear him or see a flashback with him from an earlier episode. This would be a good tie in at the Godswood at Winterfell.

it will be interesting to see him call out theon in the godswood. we don't have to see bran but just hear a voice.

There were rumours that Bran will be absent this season but they were casting for CotF before filming began. We'll probably get something.

This is the first I've heard of this, but it has me quite intrigued if it's true.

Hate when they say they caught tv Bran up with book Bran last season. They got close for sure, but there's still scenes they could do with him. A couple quick jawns of him would certainly be better than the Grey Worm love story.

Hate when they say they caught tv Bran up with book Bran last season. They got close for sure, but there's still scenes they could do with him. A couple quick jawns of him would certainly be better than the Grey Worm love story.

Oh god yes!!! I saw one poster on the board for episode 4 commenting: "and now we will get some semi-sexy scenes of Missandei tending to Grey Worm's wounds" and they were damn right. Such a waste of time, am not invested in that storyline at all and feel like the Unsullied in general have been portrayed incredibly silly on the show. They're the baddest, c'mon.

Archived