Fifth episode without a direwolf

Maya Stone

So this is the fifth episode this season without a direwolf. Bran and Rickon aren't present this season so we can't get Summer or Shaggy Dog, but where's Ghost? Why isn't he by Jon's side? Why isn't he even being mentioned? Yet we're getting so many unnecessary scenes of Dragons, such as Drogon randomly flying over Valyria and Dany making her Dragons burn and eat an innocent, which is out of character for her. Instead of all that, they could give us at least one scene with Ghost. It would've been perfect if they included the scene with Melisandre, Jon, and Ghost from the books instead of that awful scene of Melisandre trying to seduce Jon with her tits. But nope, it's all about tits and dragons in the show!!

What's your opinion on the matter? Do you think Ghost will go with Jon to Hardhome, or will he only appear in the end when he's needed~~?

Ghost was briefly in the season premier - he was lying in the yard and eating something while Jon was sparring with Olly. I do wish they would have a shot of Ghost in Jon's office, maybe curled up in front of the fire. But if he isn't doing anything in the scene, he doesn't NEED to be there; they can use the money it would take to render him and put it toward other scenes. Like Drogon soaring over the boat in the last episode. Ghost SHOULD go to Hardhome, because of Jon is going into danger, his wolf should be with him. I wouldn't count on it, though - they could always say that the wolf wouldn't get on a boat.

I know it sucks right Dragons get all the glory but the Direwolves are just as cool if not cooler.

I love the Direwolves they are loyal, protective, and mystical and don't eat or burn or hurt innocent people. They are almost like secret guardians of the North.

If Jon is walking with Ghost by his side just imagine how kick ass that scene would be, even Stannis will have to salute him. Here is the other thing if the Dragons are a symbol of Dany's power I think we should emphasize that Direwolves are a symbol of Jon's strength and courage.

Jon introducing Shireen to ghost would have been great scene. She is such a nice kid.

I know that would have been an awesome scene for Stannis, Shireen and Davos to meet ghost so they can understand what makes the north special, and reinforce stannis commitment to helping the north. But instead we have to see more romance of grey worm and meissandei.

I can just hear tyrion saying, "... But I LIKE tits and dragons.". I have to agree that the dragon scenes are a little heavy this season. I'm enjoying them. In the book we don't know what ghost is doing most of the time. He was locked up when Jon needed him.

I was half hoping to see a zombie Lady (sansa's wolf) at the end of the kennels. To help her remember.....

Oh well.

I can just hear tyrion saying, "... But I LIKE tits and dragons.". I have to agree that the dragon scenes are a little heavy this season. I'm enjoying them. In the book we don't know what ghost is doing most of the time. He was locked up when Jon needed him.

I was half hoping to see a zombie Lady (sansa's wolf) at the end of the kennels. To help her remember.....

Oh well.

Oh well.

Zombie Lady? You are sick man lol kidding.

I know that would have been an awesome scene for Stannis, Shireen and Davos to meet ghost so they can understand what makes the north special, and reinforce stannis commitment to helping the north. But instead we have to see more romance of grey worm and meissandei.

Grey worm + meissandei = most worthless arc of entire game of thrones, even scenes of Rose in earlier seasons were meant to provide information to viewers.

Yeah, that's the one dark point of the season so far ! I so wanted Ghost to share the screentime with Jon almost every time he appears !

And since he probably wont go to Hardhome, I wonder if his brief appearance in the premiere will end up being his only "scene" of the season.

Grey worm + meissandei = most worthless arc of entire game of thrones, even scenes of Rose in earlier seasons were meant to provide information to viewers.

Does anyone know why D&D did this LIKE IT MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. in every bloody interview we have seen of them they have stated there is little time they have to focus on the main characters and they have to out a lot of plot to make it happen, but for them to waste time on characters that have no impact on the story like whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

they can show more arya, even more ramsay, or cersei, or even jamie in dorne or trystane and myrcella romance anything but stupid grey worm romance.

sorry back on topic

but i think in an interview D&D said direwolf was much harder to do because it was an actual wolf ballooned up later, to shoot an actual animal is much harder because they have to coordinate with the wild animal it doubles up shooting tiem. but if that is the case why don't they cgi the whole animal like they do dragons. i know why because dragons are going to westeros and therefore more important to spend money on.

but if jon warges into ghost we have to see more of him i swear they might screw us over.

Yeah, that's the one dark point of the season so far ! I so wanted Ghost to share the screentime with Jon almost every time he appears !

And since he probably wont go to Hardhome, I wonder if his brief appearance in the premiere will end up being his only "scene" of the season.

They did cast Varamyr, who will presumably show up at Hardholme. Presumably Varamyr will be a warg, or they'd have chosen a different name for him. I bet we'll see more of Ghost this season.

but i think in an interview D&D said direwolf was much harder to do because it was an actual wolf ballooned up later, to shoot an actual animal is much harder because they have to coordinate with the wild animal it doubles up shooting tiem. but if that is the case why don't they cgi the whole animal like they do dragons. i know why because dragons are going to westeros and therefore more important to spend money on.

One reason might be that fur is notoriously hard to animate. It's very hard to make look real. Since they are avoiding that, they have to use real wolves. This leads to other issues, though. I've always noticed that the wolves are somewhat poorly composited into the show. They avoid showing their legs, because you can tell that they're not actually standing there. All of these technical issues together I think explains why they don't put them in as much as the dragons, who can be completely CGI creatures.

Oh well.

Archived