Fifth episode without a direwolf

Maya Stone

IThey are almost like secret guardians of the North.

If Jon is walking with Ghost by his side just imagine how kick ass that scene would be, even Stannis will have to salute him. Here is the other thing if the Dragons are a symbol of Dany's power I think we should emphasize that Direwolves are a symbol of Jon's strength and courage.

I agree about what Ghost means. He is a symbol of the North, a representation of Jon, and a vehicle for Jon to interact with the world in a distinctly different way (warging). Yay dragons and all that, but I prefer the direwolves, and I prefer GHOST. Since Ghost was always with Jon, I want Ghost to be there, with him. I do not understand why we get Dany's flying dragon but not Jon's other self.

This has annoyed me since the beginning of the series for sure. I understand the need to spend the budget on more popular/"essential" elements, but they have really downplayed the significance of the direwolves on the show. Relatively little warging, Ghost is almost never with Jon, all we get of the direwolves fighting are split-second shots of them jumping on people, etc. I do wonder if Ghost will go to Hardhome with Jon.

Ghost was briefly in the season premier - he was lying in the yard and eating something while Jon was sparring with Olly. I do wish they would have a shot of Ghost in Jon's office, maybe curled up in front of the fire. But if he isn't doing anything in the scene, he doesn't NEED to be there; they can use the money it would take to render him and put it toward other scenes. Like Drogon soaring over the boat in the last episode. Ghost SHOULD go to Hardhome, because of Jon is going into danger, his wolf should be with him. I wouldn't count on it, though - they could always say that the wolf wouldn't get on a boat.

Oh I didn't even notice Ghost in that scene, it was so brief! They could've increased the length of the scene and made Ghost interact with the other characters instead, such as Janos, Stannis, Shereen, Mel, etc.

Did you see the dragons? That's where the budget is going. Ghost will have his moments in Hardhome no doubt.

I really doubt Ghost will be at Hardhome.

I think we'll get a glimpse of him one last time in 507 before he goes wandering off somewhere.

So this is the fifth episode this season without a direwolf. Bran and Rickon aren't present this season so we can't get Summer or Shaggy Dog, but where's Ghost? Why isn't he by Jon's side? Why isn't he even being mentioned? Yet we're getting so many unnecessary scenes of Dragons, such as Drogon randomly flying over Valyria and Dany making her Dragons burn and eat an innocent, which is out of character for her. Instead of all that, they could give us at least one scene with Ghost. It would've been perfect if they included the scene with Melisandre, Jon, and Ghost from the books instead of that awful scene of Melisandre trying to seduce Jon with her tits. But nope, it's all about tits and dragons in the show!!

What's your opinion on the matter? Do you think Ghost will go with Jon to Hardhome, or will he only appear in the end when he's needed~~?

Out of character for her? She is a targarian.....

Entire family kills thousands almost millions, and you say out of character.

-_-

That being said, I do miss our resident story direwolves, esp Ghost.

Ah right, in the background in one episode; blink of an eye and you missed him. In fact, I did miss him until it was pointed out. Impactful. LOL.

Well, let's see:

Bran isn't appearing...neither is Rickon (scratch those two off)

Sansa's wolf is dead

Arya doesn't have her wolf

Robb and his wolf are dead

That leaves only Jon...I mean, I guess they could just put in random shots of Ghost in the background, since that's all he really is at this present moment. But why bother?

When Ghost needs to be in the show, he will be. No point in wasting money every episode just to remind the audience that Jon has a wolf. You know, since they already know that.

Well, let's see:

Bran isn't appearing...neither is Rickon (scratch those two off)

Sansa's wolf is dead

Arya doesn't have her wolf

Robb and his wolf are dead

That leaves only Jon...I mean, I guess they could just put in random shots of Ghost in the background, since that's all he really is at this present moment. But why bother?

When Ghost needs to be in the show, he will be. No point in wasting money every episode just to remind the audience that Jon has a wolf. You know, since they already know that.

We already know that Dany has dragons too, but that doesn't stop the show from blowing all their budget showing them for no good reason. Did we "need" to see Drogon fly over Valyria? LOL. Why bother?

Eh, maybe all the wolves die in the books and they never amounted to anything in the first place, that is certainly how the show treats them.

I hope he goes to Hardhome with Jon.

There have been so many pointless dragon scenes. Last year there were only three episodes with them, now there is already three and we'll get more:

Episode 1 - Dany goes to visit them

Episode 2 - Drogon goes to visit Dany

Episode 5 - Drogon flyes over Valyria! Seriously! How can he fly that far. That is almost if they were living in King's Landing, Drogon would be flying over Dorne! Also the eating scene

Why isn't Nymeria eating people? Where are you Nymeria?

Far off, he could hear his packmates calling to him, like to like. They were hunting too. A wild rain lashed down upon his black brother as he tore at the flesh of an enormous goat, washing the blood from his side where the goat's long horn had raked him. In another place, his little sister lifted her head to sing to the moon, and a hundred small grey cousins broke off their hunt to sing with her. The hills were warmer where they were, and full of food. Many a night his sister's pack gorged on the flesh of sheep and cows and horses, the prey of men, and sometimes even on the flesh of man himself.

"Snow," the moon called down again, cackling. The white wolf padded along the man trail beneath the icy cliff. The taste of blood was on his tongue, and his ears rang to the song of the hundred cousins. Once they had been six, five whimpering blind in the snow beside their dead mother, sucking cool milk from her hard dead nipples whilst he crawled off alone. Four remained … and one the white wolf could no longer sense.

Well, if only for the nice visual (an icon of the saga I'd even say, but that's my opinion) of Jon and Ghost sharing a nice clear shot together, it's a shame we dont get more of Ghost.

And just because I've seen it pointed again somewhere above, I dont think Ghost will go to Hardhome (too expensive). Jon will not bring him because he will not want to frighten the wildlings. Though I wish the show would surprise me and in the end Ghost goes with him, if only for the symbol of the direwolf, to impress the wildlings (Jon thinks something like that in the book IIRC).

Though Ghost doesnt seem to be on those boats in the trailer nor in the artwork we've seen of the scene in the documentary video.

I am sure he will be included when it actually means something.

So far this season, Jon has exclusively been inside castle black. Showing Ghost would simply be to remind the audience he is there.

Sure we could add him into the scene with say Tormand, but then that takes away the development of Jon (as he still relies on ghost for protection).

I am sure once Jon goes outside the walls, Ghost will as well.

I think it would be a mistake for Jon not to bring Ghost when he tries to treat with the wildlings. Ghost was a major reason he was accepted by them when he was scouting with the Half-hand in the book series. It would be great to see them use that same logic this season when he treats with them from a position of power. If they could tell he was a warg it would be more believable that they would be open to trusting him.

I think it would be a mistake for Jon not to bring Ghost when he tries to treat with the wildlings. Ghost was a major reason he was accepted by them when he was scouting with the Half-hand in the book series. It would be great to see them use that same logic this season when he treats with them from a position of power. If they could tell he was a warg it would be more believable that they would be open to trusting him.

Unfortunately, the show has never even remotely hinted that Jon or anyone but Bran can warg. They are just big pets to the other kids apparently. And sadly.

Archived