Fifth episode without a direwolf

Maya Stone

Well, if only for the nice visual (an icon of the saga I'd even say, but that's my opinion) of Jon and Ghost sharing a nice clear shot together, it's a shame we dont get more of Ghost.

And just because I've seen it pointed again somewhere above, I dont think Ghost will go to Hardhome (too expensive). Jon will not bring him because he will not want to frighten the wildlings. Though I wish the show would surprise me and in the end Ghost goes with him, if only for the symbol of the direwolf, to impress the wildlings (Jon thinks something like that in the book IIRC).

Though Ghost doesnt seem to be on those boats in the trailer nor in the artwork we've seen of the scene in the documentary video.

Well, I doubt a large wolf would do well on a skiff, anyway.

We see a lot of Summer, because Bran wargs her. No one else has figured this out yet...so until they do, the direwolves are more of a background thing, anyway.

I have no doubt that we will see a lot of Ghost once Jon needs him. And I have no doubt that Jon will learn to warg, as will the rest of the Starks.

Well, I doubt a large wolf would do well on a skiff, anyway.

We see a lot of Summer, because Bran wargs her. No one else has figured this out yet...so until they do, the direwolves are more of a background thing, anyway.

I have no doubt that we will see a lot of Ghost once Jon needs him. And I have no doubt that Jon will learn to warg, as will the rest of the Starks.

Him... it is a male wolf.

Why would D&D bother focusing on Direwolves? It's not like they share an important connection with the Starks. I mean, Arya certainly doesn't dream about Nymeria in the Riverlands. That's not an important part of her struggle becoming "no one" at ALL. There are far more important things to focus on like Myranda's pointless backstory or Olly the next Lord Commander.

looks like ghost will be spending more time on season 6 and will appear in episode 7

and also in a way confirms that jon will be inside ghost for sometime from the interview with kit sam and D&D and now this news

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/1368150/game-of-thrones-casts-calgary-wolf-in-direwolf-role/

Nice find.

About D&D,Kit and John interview in Oxford.It was just a joke from Weiss,after Kit's funny answer to...whom he would like to be on the show(apart from his role).I doubt we'll gonna see Jon warging Ghost in the show.He'll likely be ressurected somehow.

So we'll see more of Ghost in ep. 7(The Gift).A lot of snarling and attack stuff.I would prefer it to be in Hardhome,but I guess we'll have to settle for that.

Nice find.

About D&D,Kit and John interview in Oxford.It was just a joke from Weiss,after Kit's funny answer to...whom he would like to be on the show(apart from his role).I doubt we'll gonna see Jon warging Ghost in the show.He'll likely be ressurected somehow.

So we'll see more of Ghost in ep. 7(The Gift).A lot of snarling and attack stuff.I would prefer it to be in Hardhome,but I guess we'll have to settle for that.

they have already done wolf angle with summer and bran so it wont be difficult to show inside the head of ghost

the problem with resurrection theory is he would have dies which i doubt ..i think he is only gravely injured

they have already done wolf angle with summer and bran so it wont be difficult to show inside the head of ghost

the problem with resurrection theory is he would have dies which i doubt ..i think he is only gravely injured

There will be two versions of it.Jon warging Ghost will most likely happen in the books,but the show will be a bit different(more shocking)...mor like D&D.So Jon will die in the show only to be brought back with someone's help.D&D likes to do a lot of parallels between Dany and Jon.I wouldn't be suprised it it's some sort of blood magic and stuff.

There will be two versions of it.Jon warging Ghost will most likely happen in the books,but the show will be a bit different(more shocking)...mor like D&D.So Jon will die in the show only to be brought back with someone's help.D&D likes to do a lot of parallels between Dany and Jon.I wouldn't be suprised it it's some sort of blood magic and stuff.

yes there are lots of parallels in both BOOKs and SHOWs about jon and dany ...we need not want every scene to be paralleling one another ...

we will already have a scene with parallel ..jon will be attacked by his own brothers and Ghost will help in a way and Dany will be attacked by her own people and drogon will hep her in a way ..so i think this parallel is enough

dany was never resurrected because she did not die in the first place and according to GRRm its dany making magic and will happen one time only...and the show even did more scenes to show us how dany is fireproof ..

so if you think that jon will somehow walk out fire like dany did ..i hope it never happens and will never happen ..God i cant even imagine that scene

yes there are lots of parallels in both BOOKs and SHOWs about jon and dany ...we need not want every scene to be paralleling one another ...

we will already have a scene with parallel ..jon will be attacked by his own brothers and Ghost will help in a way and Dany will be attacked by her own people and drogon will hep her in a way ..so i think this parallel is enough

dany was never resurrected because she did not die in the first place and according to GRRm its dany making magic and will happen one time only...and the show even did more scenes to show us how dany is fireproof ..

so if you think that jon will somehow walk out fire like dany did ..i hope it never happens and will never happen ..God i cant even imagine that scene

If there is room to do parralel with Dany and Jon,D&D will do it.

I wouldn't be suprised if that's the case here.Well,Some sort or ritual practised by Mel to bring back Jon as part of the AAR/Warrior of the Light prophecy.Yes I believe Jon and Dany are part of it.The show pretty much downplayed whole prophecy stuff in HotU,PtwP etc,but this Lord of Light thing is hugely important so they only replace and simplify AAR to Lord of Light.Whole prophecy stuff would probably confuse many of the unsullied fans.I was convinced that it would be Bran,but Carice talked about another huge scene in the future involving her character and Jon.I fear for Shireen this season with so much foeshadowing in season 4 and 5.

If thre is room to do parralel with Dany and Jon,D&D will do it.

I wouldn't be suprised if that's the case here.Well,Some sort or ritual practised by Mel to bring back Jon as part of the AAR/Warrior of the Light prophecy.Yes I believe Jon and Dany are part of it.The show pretty much downplayed whole prophecy stuff in HotU,PtwP etc,but this Lord of Light thing is hugely important so they only replace and simplify AAR to Lord of Light.Whole prophecy stuff would probably confuse many of the unsullied fans.I was convinced that it would be Bran,but Carice talked about another huge scene in the future involving her character nad Jon.I fear for Shireen this season with so much foeshadowing in season 4 and 5.

i think that jon is going to walk out of fire will never happen because of two things

that will totally undermine dany's last chapter in AGOT and secondle he is not a dragon ..he is a targ and a warg and wolf but no dragon

well i dont think jon is dead he maybe severely injured but not dead and i really dont think mel is going to do anything with his comeback

i believe in dany as AA/PTWP ...thankfully the show has omitted the Stupid Ser patrick and made Stannis take shireen and mel with him ... which means shireen wont be sacrificed for jon..so there will be no red comet or anyother bleeding stars ...so iam glad that these things will help disapprove of jon is AA theory

the carice interview you mentioned i took it that there will be something happening in the late season that will make people hate her even more ..i dont think she is telling that scene is with jon ..she is just mentioning people will hate her for her doing ...if she saves jon jon fans wont blame her., will they ...so i dont think its about jon

but anyway we may see who got it right in exactly four weeks

The things that are being complained about are comical on here now, like I can't wrap my head around the reasoning of half these threads. LOL.

There is only one Dire Wolf around in this season, and no fighting has happened at the wall. How is this shocking in any way?!

The lack of screentime dedicated to the direwolves is disappointing because they put such a heavy emphasis on them in the first season. I realize they want to spend the budget on other stuff but it's sorta become ridiculous.

No mention of Nymeria.
Grey Wind didn't go down like a badass mofo and instead we just saw his head and paws as he was killed.

Jon setting Ghost loose in the Watchers on the Wall episode was justGhost jumping on a wildling and then the camera focused elsewhere.

Again, if these had just been regular pets and not wild animals the Starks had a special connection to as the show explained, I wouldn't have minded not seeing them.

You beat me to it..

looks like ghost will be spending more time on season 6 and will appear in episode 7

and also in a way confirms that jon will be inside ghost for sometime from the interview with kit sam and D&D and now this news

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/1368150/game-of-thrones-casts-calgary-wolf-in-direwolf-role/

My guess is that we'll see lots more of Ghost and Summer next season for obvious reasons, and Nymeria whenever Lady Arya gets back to Westeros.

Archived