The burning of Jon Snow's body

6fingerhobb

The problem with your theory is that Jon snow burns himself in Season 1 when he grabs the lantern and throws it

I was just going to mention this but you beat me to it!

I've always believed that Jon, whether he be dead or undead, is not gone in the storyline—he always comes back (as Sam says). That said, I don't personally think his reawakening will be a re-birth in the pyre, and won't mimic Dany at the end of book one. There were many small hints in regards to Dany that made you realize that she had a sort of immunity to getting burned/etc. Jon had his hand severely burned in the first book so I don't believe he has that same sort of immunity.

Is Dany allowed to have anything special just to herself? Jon's going to get Drogon, Jon's going to survive a pyre, etc.... :bang:

Jon's going to get Dany...

Just kidding. ;)

To the OP, surviving a pyre and being resurrected via the Lord of Light have been done. And I agree with you that many theories are farfetched. That being said, I hope that he simply survives the attack even if he is in a coma for a time. The alternative that hasn't been done is joining the ice brigade...

Thought having Cat resurrect Jon, once she realises he isn't Neds, would be fitting. Free herself and give back to the person she has, somewhat inadvertently, treated quite badly. Ghost would have kept Jons mind somewhat intact. Big issue with this is the geographical proximity of the two isn't exactly close.

i thought of this too.. would be fantastic shock

The problem with your theory is that Jon snow burns himself in Season 1 when he grabs the lantern and throws it

So? Dany is not immune to fire either :bang:

But as Nictarion said, Jon is not going to go through a transformation in the same way Dany did. For one, that would just be lazy writing. Martin is going to do something entirely different, even if slightly similar.

Even then, I don't believe he is dead.

For the burning of the corpse : That's the NW way, and that's the Wildlings' way.

For the ice chamber: It would be nice if the "ice preserves" words from Maester Aemon made sense. But it would be against "usual" methods, so asked by authorities and/or magicians : the red woman ? Tormmun ? A wood witch ?

Resurrection : Yeah, I'd love LS to give Jon "the kiss she never could give him"=> But that's too trope used. What would be badass instead ? A meteorite falls on Castle black and destroys part of the wall. Amidst the smoke and rubbles, and people crying, Jon picks up a burning sword in the stone.

The only way that Jon would not be burned on a pyre is that a fight arises between the NW and the WL to that leaves so many on the ground that is literally impossible to burn them all. It would make then sense that some are stored in the icy cells in the wall.

Has GRRM stated something about Jon being in a coma in a cell or was all speculation?

The only way that Jon would not be burned on a pyre is that a fight arises between the NW and the WL to that leaves so many on the ground that is literally impossible to burn them all. It would make then sense that some are stored in the icy cells in the wall.

Has GRRM stated something about Jon being in a coma in a cell or was all speculation?

No but when someone asked him about Jon's death he said "You think he's dead, do you?"

I think his death will be followed by a civil war, as pro-anti-Jon, pro-anti-wildling factions fight it out. That means his body will likely end up in an ice cell, as there won't be time to burn it. lol this is a personal wish on my part, but I want some ice magic. Aemon says the cold preserves. Maybe it can resurrect, too.

This^

After Jon is stabbed I think chaos ensues big time.

Wun Wun is tearing people apart, the Wildlings & pro Jon people outnumber the Crows. This might be the end of the Watch as we know it.

There wont be time to burn his body before shit hits the fan.

Archived