Cercei's plot is severely lacking(Spoilers)

vicktoryrising

Why not wait and see what her plan is? She could be trying to get Marge to be indebted to her ("if you ever need something, just ask"), she could be trying to accuse Marge of incest with Loras and sex with Olyvar, she could have hit against Loras because Loras is, in general, Marge's weak point.

We'll see this episode what her plan was.

Why is she trying to get rid of Loras? It makes no sense. In this particular instance the two trials are a pretty good plot device because it's one woman setting up another and herself getting accused of the same crime. Getting your brother in law imprisoned for being gay, I don't get how that helps her get rid of Marg. It feels really inauthentic and forced to me, the same way the Winterfell story does, the characters are doing things that in the context of their world do not make sense based on their stated goals.

She told the HS there was a problem at court with "some" behaving improperly and that he must do what is necessary to uphold purity. That's all she said. The HS will use that as permission to go after many. Cersei thinks she's pointed them to Marg but she's released them on all. Both she and Loras will wind up at the HS mercy. I suspect Marg will later but I'm not sure. You seem to be be making the point that Cersei has directed the HS to Loras when we both saw her talk to him and give no names. But yes, I get that it feels inauthentic and doesn't make sense to you so we should just move on.

She told the HS there was a problem at court with "some" behaving improperly and that he must do what is necessary to uphold purity. That's all she said. The HS will use that as permission to go after many. Cersei thinks she's pointed them to Marg but she's released them on all. Both she and Loras will wind up at the HS mercy. I suspect Marg will later but I'm not sure. You seem to be be making the point that Cersei has directed the HS to Loras when we both saw her talk to him and give no names. But yes, I get that it feels inauthentic and doesn't make sense to you so we should just move on.

Why would Cersei think she has pointed the High Sparrow to Marg?

There is no evidence in the show that Marg has done anything impure, or slept with anyone since she came on the show. None. We've never even seen Marg with a man other than her brother, and there would be no reason think she could make an incest charge stick, especially with Loras being gay.

So, we will have to agree to disagree on this.

The main pleasure of Cersei's plotline in the books is hearing her own delusions about how well she's doing coupled with the gradual breakdown in the stability of the realm. The readers see it but she can't and it's extremely satisfying.

Regardless of whether or not the show is moving to fast with Cersei's plot or moving to slow, the big problem is that they haven't really captured that gradual sense of decline which permeates Cersei's tenure as Queen Regent, which is a major problem because therein lies the enjoyment of the storyline.

The main pleasure of Cersei's plotline in the books is hearing her own delusions about how well she's doing coupled with the gradual breakdown in the stability of the realm. The readers see it but she can't and it's extremely satisfying.

Regardless of whether or not the show is moving to fast with Cersei's plot or moving to slow, the big problem is that they haven't really captured that gradual sense of decline which permeates Cersei's tenure as Queen Regent, which is a major problem because therein lies the enjoyment of the storyline.

I agree with this. I hope it's rectified in the remaining episodes.

I don't find it slow so far. Ultimately Show Cersei has always been different from the books in that they've made her less paranoid, and slightly more likeable by whitewashing here and there. So this season's characterization at least seems consistent with that, even if it's very different than in the books. I prefer crazy Cersei but I can deal with it.

So far it seems like she won't be framing Margaery at all and will be getting in a jab at her through setting up Loras, so that's also different.

I fully expect Cersei to get accused and perform her walk of shame this season, it'll just be late in the season. The show obviously took a break for a little while to go set up other plotlines (e.g. Wall, Winterfell, Dany) but they'll get through Cersei's plot in time.

I feel like its pretty obvious what Cersei is doing, she's trying to isolate Margaery as much as possible. First she gets rid of Mace and then she gets rid of Loras. Now Olenna is coming back, and Cersei might try to get rid of her too but that will probably end up biting her in the ass.

That being said, Natalie Dormer did say that Margaery completely loses it at the end of the season. So I think the Tyrells will continue to fall down for episodes 6 and 7, and then in episode 8 Cersei will think that she has won but by the end all her decisions will end up biting her in the ass and her world will crumble around her in a heartbeat (just like her last AFFC chapter).

Cersei's less of a fucking idiot on the show so obviously she's gonna be a better ruler. She's still a paranoid, jealous, and hateful woman, and that will 100% bring her downfall by the end of the season.

My problem with Cersei is how random and without reason her decision to arm the Faith was. It came out of nowhere and in exchange for basically nothing. Is hurting Margaery really a good enough reason to do this?

Archived