Burns, Smithers, Skinner, Flanders, Dr Hibbert and Kang quit the Simpsons

Horza

Yep, it looks like Harry Shearer is walking away from the Simpsons after a meagre 26 seasons.

I don't see how the show can survive after this, but then, I thought making a full length feature film was a sign that time was about to be called. If it stumbles on, Bart and Homer will have been vindicated beyond their wildest dreams.

but it was nice knowing it was always plodding along.

Agreed. I've only watched maybe 4 or 5 new episodes in the past 10 or so years, but there was something comforting about knowing it was still running; that a piece of my childhood was still going on.

Bummer, this isn't good news. But Shearer isn't irreplacable. They have the show for at least 2 more seasons, and I don't see them cutting Shearers characters. I reckon we'll be seeing some recasts.

It kinda sucks when actors leave on masse like this on ensemble shows. It's not like Arya, Hodor, Drogon and Un-Gregor are going to walk off the set one day arm-in-arm, so I don't know why it keeps happening on the Simpsons. The show hasn't been the same since Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure (whom you might remember from such films as "Hitler doesn't live here anymore" and "The verdict was mail fraud") left at the same time.

Kang's the biggest loss. He's been carrying Kodos for years.

The show hasn't been the same since Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure (whom you might remember from such films as "Hitler doesn't live here anymore" and "The verdict was mail fraud") left at the same time.

Man, that just kinda makes me sad. :(

Agreed. I've only watched maybe 4 or 5 new episodes in the past 10 or so years, but there was something comforting about knowing it was still running; that a piece of my childhood was still going on.

I couldn't agree more. On both statements. not sure how to feel.

They'll recast I expect. They've retired characters in the past to honour deceased actors, but that isn't the same situation as this. Plus Shearer just voiced too many iconic characters to retire all of them. I haven't watched the Simpsons regularly in ages either, but I agree it's always been nice knowing it was still going in some form.

I'll already fondly remember that show from the earlier seasons, I very rarely watch it now. Still sad to see a guy who voiced so many of the great characters of the show. Mr. Burns and Skinner would be the biggest loss for me.

Who remembers the end of season 6? Who shot Mr. Burns pt. 1? That was a great time in the shows history.

I'll already fondly remember that show from the earlier seasons, I very rarely watch it now. Still sad to see a guy who voiced so many of the great characters of the show. Mr. Burns and Skinner would be the biggest loss for me.

Who remembers the end of season 6? Who shot Mr. Burns pt. 1? That was a great time in the shows history.

They've been phoning it in for a long time. I get it's a cash cow for Fox but can't someone say enough already? It's like an old lady being put on life support even though she's riddled with cancer. No Mr. Burns or Ned? Kill it, kill it now.

Archived