"how did you FIND it" - what's he on about?

The Fourth Head

Exact quotes of all the fat jokes in the books? I don't have enough time, just look at almost every chapter involving Illyrio, Manderly or Sam

and every chapter that yezzan was in ...

not to mention the whole point of why roose married fat walda in the first place because she was too fat so she will be able weigh more golds than other frey girls

It wasn't pointless in that it signified Ramsay going way out of line.

It was classless though, and not very credible in context. More fit for a high school bro kind of flick.

My problem isn't one of taste but how Roose reacted to the blatant disrepesct from his bastard son. Book Roose would have had his guts for garters, show Roose just just wears it. The Boltons just aren't big enough badasses, they're not scary enough they're not 'different' enough. Not sure if I'm expressing it right but the Boltons in the books semmed barely human.

My problem isn't one of taste but how Roose reacted to the blatant disrepesct from his bastard son. Book Roose would have had his guts for garters, show Roose just just wears it. The Boltons just aren't big enough badasses, they're not scary enough they're not 'different' enough. Not sure if I'm expressing it right but the Boltons in the books semmed barely human.

Yes finally...

Roose is such a good guy in the show. If he is one of those calm villains he still would do something like

Pat Ramsey on the shoulder.

Gently rest his hand on Ramseys shoulder

Slowly and calmly dig his fingers into the shouler blade and pull until Ramsey squirms.

THEN, he would say "You ruined the dinner"

When he talked about the sex underneath the hanging body, I was like "Pfff, please.."

They never showed a bad side to Roose till now in the show. Which is quite pathetic.

Ramsay and Roose had a discussion that I struggled to follow.

Ramsay asked Roose how he managed to get Walda pregnant. As someone who is clearly familiar with sex, this question seems odd.

To back it up, he then asks how Roose "found it" to which Roose bizzarely answers that Ramsey disgraced himself at dinner.

Does anyone else find this dialogue strange? Is there a really simple explanation i'm missing here? Does Ramsey imagine all Roose's offspring are "found", that Roose can't procreate and that he is just a foster son? Or something else?

You are trolling right?

Roose made Ramsay look like an idiot at the dinner. Ramsay tried to insult him with Fat Walda. It just shows how infantile the guy he is.

Exactly. I thought it was a pretty clever way to quickly add a layer of characterization to the relationship between Ramsey and Roose. Ramsey threw a tantrum because there's a new heir on the way. It was a totally distasteful and mean joke, but so is Ramsey.

The family dynamic is so odd and creepy it made me laugh. Not the joke itself, but the whole absurd scenario and how creepy they are about it... Roose's non-reaction reaction. Just... wonder what the father/son day to day banter or regular dinner banter is like. Kinda got a taste when Rams was reporting his tax collection duties. What a fam.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it establishes that even though Ramsey thinks he is climbing the ladder, his behavior and pure carelessness shows he is not. Roose looked at him like " you are so disposable, you dumb kid". Roose seems to know exactly what he has for a son, and is just playing him like he plays everyone else.

Roose is a mature, stone cold plotter and killer. Ramsey is proving to be a moron. We needed to see this so that if eventually Roose sets Ramsey up to die or to do something very stupid, we know that they are not the buddy-buddy father son team. This scene along with a few others establishes "Ramsey the Liability".

• 2 months later...

Archived