Badbrother Euron Greyjoy, Urrathon Night-Walker and the Hooded Man of Winterfell.

Daendrew

Badbrother Euron Greyjoy, Urrathon Night-Walker and the Hooded Man of Winterfell.

EndGame of Thrones part 14. Urrathon Night-Walker = Euron Greyjoy?

Euron is a very bad brother. According to our POV characters, disastrously just became crowned in a kings moot.

The name Euron sounds a lot like like Urrathon.

Urrathon IV Goodbrother, known as Badbrother, was a High King of the Iron Islands who ruled during the Age of Heroes.

Update: Take a look at Goodbrothers sigil. It is Eurons horn! Redditor Woodslincoln gets the lemoncake for that catch.

Upon the death of King Urragon III Greyiron (Urragon the Bald), his younger sons hurriedly convened a kingsmoot whilst their elder brother Torgon was raiding up the Mander, thinking that one of them would be chosen to wear the driftwood crown. To their dismay, the captains and kings chose Urrathon Goodbrother of Great Wyk instead. The first thing the new king did was command that the sons of the old king be put to death. For that, and for the savage cruelty he oft displayed during his two years as king,

Urrathon IV Goodbrother is remembered in history as Badbrother.

When Torgon Greyiron returned at last to the Iron Islands,
he declared the kingsmoot to be invalid
because he had not been present to make a claim.
The priests supported him
in this, for they had grown weary of Badbrother's arrogance and impiety. Smallfolk and great lords alike arose at their call, rallying to Torgon's banners, until Urrathon's own captains hacked Urrathon into pieces. Torgon the Latecomer became king in his stead, and ruled for forty years without ever having been chosen and proclaimed at a kingsmoot.

The story of Urrathon is what Asha Greyjoy is going on to get Theon to challenge Eurons kingsmoot. Damphair is a priest keen on challenging Euron. So this tale will become very important as the story unfurls.

But Urrathon Badbrother lived many generations ago. There is no living man, named that today. But in Quarth, the land of The Warlocks of The House of The Undying, where Ironwood grows with its blue leaves to make shade of the (long) evening, Xaro Xhoan Daxos mentioned someone named Urrathon Night-Walker.

Dany had laughed when he told her. "Was it not you who told me warlocks were no more than old soldiers, vainly boasting of forgotten deeds and lost prowess?"

Xaro looked troubled. "And so it was, then. But now? I am less certain. It is said that
the glass candles are burning in the house of Urrathon Night-Walker, that have not burned in a hundred years.
Ghost grass grows in the Garden of Gehane,
phantom tortoises have been seen carrying messages between the windowless houses on Warlock's Way
, and all the rats in the city are chewing off their tails.
The wife of Mathos Mallarawan, who once mocked a warlock's drab moth-eaten robe, has gone mad and will wear no clothes at all
. Even fresh-washed silks make her feel as though a thousand insects were crawling on her skin. And Blind Sybassion the Eater of Eyes can see again, or so his slaves do swear. A man must wonder." He sighed.

Look at Eurons sigil. It seems it has Bloodraven red eye staring back at us as if in the form a red (dragonglass) candleflame. And we know that Bloodraven can access peoples dreams using a power similar to dragonglass candles. Perhaps he has one or being in the tree is an equivalent.

Euron may be in Qarth training in the House of The Undying. That is why he comes back with blue lips, if that is Euron at all, living under the name of Urrathon. And He would be a Night-Walker after getting training from the warlocks or in Asshai. He removed the tongues from all his crewmen so they wouldn't be able to tell others what he did or who he is.

Interestingly enough Theon describes the mystery person who killed the people in Winterfell as a night walker.

"False is all you were. How is it you still breathe?"

"The gods are not done with me," Theon answered, wondering if this could be the killer, the
night walker
who had stuffed Yellow Dick's cock into his mouth and pushed Roger Ryswell's groom off the battlements. Oddly, he was not afraid. He pulled the glove from his left hand. "Lord Ramsay is not done with me."

The man looked, and laughed. "I leave you to him, then."

Could Theon have some kind of PTSD induced multiple personality disorder that could give him sudden energy/strength to kill a man? No one else has been seen interacting with The Hooded Man. And thus far Night-Walkers are associated with only Greyjoys like "Urrathon."

The only other mention of night walkers is in Asshai:

The ships come nonetheless. For gold, for gems, and for other treasures, for certain things spoken of only in whispers, things that cannot be found anywhere upon the earth save in the black bazaars of Asshai.

The dark city by the Shadow is a city steeped in sorcery.
Warlocks
, wizards, alchemists, moonsingers, red priests, black alchemists,
necromancers
, aeromancers, pyromancers, bloodmages, torturers, inquisitors, poisoners, godswives,
night-walkers
, shapechangers, worshippers of the Black Goat and the Pale Child and the Lion of Night, all find welcome in Asshai-by-the-Shadow, where nothing is forbidden. Here they are free to practice their spells without restraint or censure, conduct their obscene rites, and fornicate with demons if that is their desire.

EndGame of Thrones is a multipart series. Click here to see the other parts of the series

Very interesting thoughts .. I've always thought that Euron is probably a warlock himself..or perhaps, as you suggest, not really Euron at all. I'd be interested to know what, exactly, GRRM means by night walker /night-walker , and is there a difference implied by the use or absence of the hyphen. It's used in both the other examples you mention , but not in Theon's thoughts about the HM... I can't be sure it's just an oversight.

I have to mention here, that I've long believed that it was not a faceless man that killed Balon , but rather a warlock, since the storm that blew the bridge Balon was on to smithereens came in from the west (a Euron tactic).. and if a FM had been on the bridge, he would have been blown to his death as well. Also, the FM have shown no signs of knowing how to work weather magic... And (I need to check this) but was Dany not pursued or battered by wind in her escape from the HoTU ?

Because of many other hints, I feel sure that Theon believes the HM is a ghost. .. that he recognizes him as someone he believes is dead. So it interests me that it's the one example that's spelled without a hyphen. (I also think that Ramsay is responsible for most of the overnight killings taking place in WF. Theon's thoughts fluctuate on this ... first he thinks the situation is just like when Ramsay/Reek was in WF, killing off anyone who knew he was implicated in the killing of the miller's boys. Then he wonders if the HM could be the killer - the night walker ... Then he thinks it could be the spearwives. I think he had it right the first time).

The undying appeared to be living, but were dead and someone was working some sort of glamour.. So who is/was Urrathon Night-walker.. His house is over 100 yrs.old...Why does he still have a house? Is he still active, alive or dead? Or is his house a centre for some cult named for him?

The Asshai reference (night-walkers,plural, as if there are groups of them) make me doubtful that this is something specific to Greyjoys.. but there are questions to be answered.

The Asshai reference (night-walkers,plural, as if there are groups of them) make me doubtful that this is something specific to Greyjoys.. but there are questions to be answered.

Thanks for your kind words.

The Ironborn may unknowingly worship the Great Other, which in turn is associated with the night and (wight) walkers.

What is dead may never die... but rises again, harder and stronger.

The ritualistic drowning and priestly CPR is the bringing a drowned man back from the dead. Sound familiar? "Dead things in the water."

See this post of mine on the Garden of Edenos on the differences between humans of the Tree of Knowlege Vs. The Others and The Tree of Eternal Life.

Also relevant is this post on the cause of the Long Night and how the Drowned God and Strom God come into play.

This is all part of a series called EndGame of Thrones, currently up to 14 parts.

So what exactly is your assertion?

:) OT.. "Lord Commander of the Camp Followers" ..it's a tough Job, but somebody has to do it... As Edd might say, "and you without a minute's peace"..

But, Daen Targaryen ... While I think the questions are interesting, I looked very briefly at some of your links.. And I have to say you lost me at Jojen Paste, and (if I didn't misread it ) a tendency to accept The Great Other as real, and what I think is a misleading attraction (or acceptance of) to blood magic. Yes, GRRM has built that magic into the books, but I don't think it's a magic (or religious ritual) that should be practiced, and may add to the woes of the world in the long term, though it may work in the short term .. I think Bran's "No, dont.." is a hint to this..

So, I too am asking, what's your assertion, in this case ?

And I have to say you lost me at Jojen Paste,

I assert that I know nothing.

I think Euron didn't capture Warlocks. They captured him. He was their pupil. And/or he may be controlled by Bloodraven/Warlocks, evidenced by BR eye in the shape of a red (dragon glass) flame in his sigil.

Weirwoods and the most powerful magic in this series are powered by blood magic and blood sacrifice. The sacrifice of an innocent is the greatest sacrifice of all. Thats why I think Jojen died to give Bran the sight and Brienne will be sacrificed to ignite Lightbringer. There is blood flowing in the Weirwoods. Not as relevant if it is Jojens, but I think it is.

:) OT.. "Lord Commander of the Camp Followers" ..it's a tough Job, but somebody has to do it... As Edd might say, "and you without a minute's peace"..

But, Daen Targaryen ... While I think the questions are interesting, I looked very briefly at some of your links.. And I have to say you lost me at Jojen Paste, and (if I didn't misread it ) a tendency to accept The Great Other as real, and what I think is a misleading attraction (or acceptance of) to blood magic. Yes, GRRM has built that magic into the books, but I don't think it's a magic (or religious ritual) that should be practiced, and may add to the woes of the world in the long term, though it may work in the short term .. I think Bran's "No, dont.." is a hint to this..

I think The Great Other is real and Roose (the original Rat Cook) will bring it back into the world in ice just as Dany brought back dragons in fire.

EndGame of Thrones part 14. Urrathon Night-Walker = Euron Greyjoy?

Euron is a very bad brother. According to our POV characters, disastrously just became crowned in a kings moot.

The name Euron sounds a lot like like Urrathon.

Urrathon IV Goodbrother, known as Badbrother, was a High King of the Iron Islands who ruled during the Age of Heroes.

Upon the death of King Urragon III Greyiron (Urragon the Bald), his younger sons hurriedly convened a kingsmoot whilst their elder brother Torgon was raiding up the Mander, thinking that one of them would be chosen to wear the driftwood crown. To their dismay, the captains and kings chose Urrathon Goodbrother of Great Wyk instead. The first thing the new king did was command that the sons of the old king be put to death. For that, and for the savage cruelty he oft displayed during his two years as king,

Urrathon IV Goodbrother is remembered in history as Badbrother.

When Torgon Greyiron returned at last to the Iron Islands, he declared the kingsmoot to be invalid because he had not been present to make a claim.The priests supported him in this, for they had grown weary of Badbrother's arrogance and impiety. Smallfolk and great lords alike arose at their call, rallying to Torgon's banners, until Urrathon's own captains hacked Urrathon into pieces. Torgon the Latecomer became king in his stead, and ruled for forty years without ever having been chosen and proclaimed at a kingsmoot.

The story of Urrathon is what Asha Greyjoy is going on to get Theon to challenge Eurons kingsmoot. Damphair is a priest keen on challenging Euron. So this tale will become very important as the story unfurls.

But Urrathon Badbrother lived many generations ago. There is no living man, named that today. But in Quarth, the land of The Warlocks of The House of The Undying, where Ironwood grows with its blue leaves to make shade of the (long) evening, Xaro Xhoan Daxos mentioned someone named Urrathon Night-Walker.

Dany had laughed when he told her. "Was it not you who told me warlocks were no more than old soldiers, vainly boasting of forgotten deeds and lost prowess?"

Xaro looked troubled. "And so it was, then. But now? I am less certain. It is said that the glass candles are burning in the house of Urrathon Night-Walker, that have not burned in a hundred years. Ghost grass grows in the Garden of Gehane, phantom tortoises have been seen carrying messages between the windowless houses on Warlock's Way, and all the rats in the city are chewing off their tails. The wife of Mathos Mallarawan, who once mocked a warlock's drab moth-eaten robe, has gone mad and will wear no clothes at all. Even fresh-washed silks make her feel as though a thousand insects were crawling on her skin. And Blind Sybassion the Eater of Eyes can see again, or so his slaves do swear. A man must wonder." He sighed.

Look at Eurons sigil. It seems it has Bloodraven red eye staring back at us as if in the form a red (dragonglass) candleflame. And we know that Bloodraven can access peoples dreams using a power similar to dragonglass candles. Perhaps he has one or being in the tree is an equivalent.

Euron may be in Qarth training in the House of The Undying. That is why he comes back with blue lips, if that is Euron at all, living under the name of Urrathon. And He would be a Night-Walker after getting training from the warlocks or in Asshai. He removed the tongues from all his crewmen so they wouldn't be able to tell others what he did or who he is.

Interestingly enough Theon describes the mystery person who killed the people in Winterfell as a night walker.

"False is all you were. How is it you still breathe?"

"The gods are not done with me," Theon answered, wondering if this could be the killer, the night walker who had stuffed Yellow Dick's cock into his mouth and pushed Roger Ryswell's groom off the battlements. Oddly, he was not afraid. He pulled the glove from his left hand. "Lord Ramsay is not done with me."

The man looked, and laughed. "I leave you to him, then."

Could Theon have some kind of PTSD induced multiple personality disorder that could give him sudden energy/strength to kill a man? No one else has been seen interacting with The Hooded Man. And thus far Night-Walkers are associated with only Greyjoys like "Urrathon."

The only other mention of night walkers is in Asshai:

The ships come nonetheless. For gold, for gems, and for other treasures, for certain things spoken of only in whispers, things that cannot be found anywhere upon the earth save in the black bazaars of Asshai.

The dark city by the Shadow is a city steeped in sorcery. Warlocks, wizards, alchemists, moonsingers, red priests, black alchemists, necromancers, aeromancers, pyromancers, bloodmages, torturers, inquisitors, poisoners, godswives, night-walkers, shapechangers, worshippers of the Black Goat and the Pale Child and the Lion of Night, all find welcome in Asshai-by-the-Shadow, where nothing is forbidden. Here they are free to practice their spells without restraint or censure, conduct their obscene rites, and fornicate with demons if that is their desire.

Very interesting stuff! I personally think that BR tried to reach Euron the way he did Bran and that Euron was one of the impaled dreamers Bran saw; hence his eye. Along with that I think he tried to enter Damphair's mind and that's why he is so freaked out by Euron, and not bc Euron molested Damphair.

Very interesting stuff! I personally think that BR tried to reach Euron the way he did Bran and that Euron was one of the impaled dreamers Bran saw; hence his eye. Along with that I think he tried to enter Damphair's mind and that's why he is so freaked out by Euron, and not bc Euron molested Damphair.

He focuses on reaching young boys from powerful families that have gone through trauma, and uses that "in" to manipulate them for his needs.

Thankyou! Are they all connected to make the same point? Or separate theories? I haven't read more than the first paragraph of this one yet because I wasn't sure lol

Many build on each other. If you jump into a random theory and you need to know something from a previous post to build up to it, I let you know and link you and/or give you the cliffs notes.

We have a year until WoW comes out, so might as well read them all. :)

I think night-walkers practice astral projection.

Of course it's just my theory.

(One of the titles of Bloodraven is dreamwalker but I assume it means he can visit other people's dreams, not project his astral form... but what he did with Bran was most certainly astral projection, back in AGOT. So he is also a night-walker in my book)

Kinda cheap how GRRM used the name "Urrathon" for an Ironborn and a Qartheen...

I think night-walkers practice astral projection.

Of course it's just my theory.

(One of the titles of Bloodraven is dreamwalker but I assume it means he can visit other people's dreams, not project his astral form... but what he did with Bran was most certainly astral projection, back in AGOT. So he is also a night-walker in my book)

Kinda cheap how GRRM used the name "Urrathon" for an Ironborn and a Qartheen...

Why cheap?

Because one of them was an Ironborn, lived in the westermost location in the world.

While the other one lives in the east.

It's like having Theodore as a local name in Norway and Baghdad.

Maybe Urrathon Night-Walker is an Ironborn who settled in Qarth and practices magic?

Interesting stuff.

I personally think that Euron is being set up to be one of - if not the - major adversary for the remainder of the series, just as Tywin Lannister dominated the first 3 books. Quaithe's warnings to Dany and Moqorro's vision in the flames seem to ascribe a prominent role to him.

The story is currently lacking a dominant bad guy, since the death of Tywin Lannister. The Others are the driving apocalyptic force, but they lack any real substance right now. Queen Cersei is self-destructing, and has none of her father's force of character; House Lannister has largely declawed itself fighting the War of the Five Kings. The Boltons are sadists, but they seem lower down on the hierarchy of ultimate evil; they are tools, not movers. Littlefinger is treacherous and can do lots of damage with his schemes, but does anyone really think that he will end up being the primary adversary? While we know that GRRM loves shades or gray, there really has to be some kind of apocalyptic showdown between good and evil, doesn't there?

Euron is perfect. He's as cunning and manipulative as Tywin was, and as ruthless. He's both warrior and strategist. He has Ramsay Snow's penchant for psychological torture and cat-and-mouse mind games and viciousness (cutting out the tongues of all his crew), but at a much more subtle level. He's shrouded in mystery with hints of great underlying power. He's travelled the world and likely amassed riches, knowledge and power. He's likely acquired occult powers and weapons (such as the dragonbinder horn), and has associated with warlocks, who were clearly inimical to Danaerys while she was in Qarth. And he is clearly playing some deep game, with his overt moves likely being just the tip of the iceberg. The only other character that we've been exposed to with similar breadth and depth of powers is Bloodraven (see more below).

Here are a few things that I think:

1. I agree that Euron is Urrathon Nightwalker, and has access to one or more black candles. It would be perfectly in keeping with what we know of Euron's personality to use Urrathon "Badbrother" as a pseudonym. He is the bad brother, after all - and his family seems to regard him with fear and loathing disproportionate to what little we see of him; like Urrathon, he wins the Seastone Chair through a kinsmoot while the "rightful" heir is away; and a horn figures prominently for Euron, as in the sigil of the Goodbrother family. I'm guessing that Euron has spent most of the time since the Greyjoy Rebellion in 289 AC away from the Iron Islands traveling in Essos and gaining powers (not just the last 3 years, since Balon banished him), and that he established a residence in Qarth as Urrathon Night Walker, consorted with the warlocks, and acquired one or more black candles. Those candles have regained their powers since the birth of Dany's dragons, allowing him to see far and wide, including to Oldtown, where there are 4 glass candles. He probably consorted with the Warlocks while in Qarth - I think the tale about capturing 4 was just one of his subterfuges.

2. I think that Euron is a warg (possibly with some greenseer abilities) who can influence the thoughts and actions of others.

3. I think that Euron is playing a game of world domination, if not of apocalyptic destruction. He is "the first storm, and the last" in all its destructive force, a "Night Walker" - a representative of the "Great Other", the opponent of R'hllor ("for the night is dark and full of terrors"). He doesn't care about ruling the Iron Islands or sacking the reach, except as means to an end. He probably doesn't even care that much about the Iron Throne. I think he's playing a bigger game. Dany and the other two dragon riders (Jon Snow and Tyrion, I'm guessing) will likely end up confronting Euron, the White Walkers, and the other forces of the Great Other in an apocalyptic climax to the series. I think it's significant that immediately after Xaro mentions Urrathon Night Walker he mentions ghost grass - which the Dothraki associate with the apocalypse - growing in the Garden of Gehane.

4. I think that Euron and Bloodraven are master adversaries in this great game. Dany, Jon Snow and Tyrion are likely to be the main protagonists (I suspect Aegon is a Blackfyre) in the final showdown, but Bloodraven (with Bran as his likely lieutenant/successor) is moving the chess pieces from afar. Euron is like a more malignant, negative version of Bloodraven: both sons of kings, both sorcerers, both great warriors, both master strategists and manipulators. I suspect that Euron was a potential greenseer gone wrong, who has been seduced into service of the Great Other (one with Jedi powers who has gone over to the Dark Side). Right now the Others are this dark, destructive force, but we have no idea what is motivating them; Euron makes a perfect Darth Siddious pulling the strings behind the scenes.

5. I understand the timeline problems with the Euron = Daario theory, but I think that it is likely that Euron already has some game in play in Slaver's Bay, and I wouldn't be surprised if Daario is involved. We know that Dany is surrounded by dangers, and that she will have to face 2 more betrayals.

All of this is mostly speculation, of course. We know that GRRM loves misdirection, and that his clues are surrounded by red herrings. He's openly said that some of his POV characters are untrustworthy. But to me, Euron is not a sideshow; he is a major part of the main threat.

Interesting stuff.

I personally think that Euron is being set up to be one of - if not the - major adversary for the remainder of the series, just as Tywin Lannister dominated the first 3 books. Quaithe's warnings to Dany and Moqorro's vision in the flames seem to ascribe a prominent role to him.

The story is currently lacking a dominant bad guy, since the death of Tywin Lannister. The Others are the driving apocalyptic force, but they lack any real substance right now. Queen Cersei is self-destructing, and has none of her father's force of character; House Lannister has largely declawed itself fighting the War of the Five Kings. The Boltons are sadists, but they seem lower down on the hierarchy of ultimate evil; they are tools, not movers. Littlefinger is treacherous and can do lots of damage with his schemes, but does anyone really think that he will end up being the primary adversary? While we know that GRRM loves shades or gray, there really has to be some kind of apocalyptic showdown between good and evil, doesn't there?

Euron is perfect. He's as cunning and manipulative as Tywin was, and as ruthless. He's both warrior and strategist. He has Ramsay Snow's penchant for psychological torture and cat-and-mouse mind games and viciousness (cutting out the tongues of all his crew), but at a much more subtle level. He's shrouded in mystery with hints of great underlying power. He's travelled the world and likely amassed riches, knowledge and power. He's likely acquired occult powers and weapons (such as the dragonbinder horn), and has associated with warlocks, who were clearly inimical to Danaerys while she was in Qarth. And he is clearly playing some deep game, with his overt moves likely being just the tip of the iceberg. The only other character that we've been exposed to with similar breadth and depth of powers is Bloodraven (see more below).

Here are a few things that I think:

1. I agree that Euron is Urrathon Nightwalker, and has access to one or more black candles. It would be perfectly in keeping with what we know of Euron's personality to use Urrathon "Badbrother" as a pseudonym. He is the bad brother, after all - and his family seems to regard him with fear and loathing disproportionate to what little we see of him; like Urrathon, he wins the Seastone Chair through a kinsmoot while the "rightful" heir is away; and a horn figures prominently for Euron, as in the sigil of the Goodbrother family. I'm guessing that Euron has spent most of the time since the Greyjoy Rebellion in 289 AC away from the Iron Islands traveling in Essos and gaining powers (not just the last 3 years, since Balon banished him), and that he established a residence in Qarth as Urrathon Night Walker, consorted with the warlocks, and acquired one or more black candles. Those candles have regained their powers since the birth of Dany's dragons, allowing him to see far and wide, including to Oldtown, where there are 4 glass candles. He probably consorted with the Warlocks while in Qarth - I think the tale about capturing 4 was just one of his subterfuges.

2. I think that Euron is a warg (possibly with some greenseer abilities) who can influence the thoughts and actions of others.

3. I think that Euron is playing a game of world domination, if not of apocalyptic destruction. He is "the first storm, and the last" in all its destructive force, a "Night Walker" - a representative of the "Great Other", the opponent of R'hllor ("for the night is dark and full of terrors"). He doesn't care about ruling the Iron Islands or sacking the reach, except as means to an end. He probably doesn't even care that much about the Iron Throne. I think he's playing a bigger game. Dany and the other two dragon riders (Jon Snow and Tyrion, I'm guessing) will likely end up confronting Euron, the White Walkers, and the other forces of the Great Other in an apocalyptic climax to the series. I think it's significant that immediately after Xaro mentions Urrathon Night Walker he mentions ghost grass - which the Dothraki associate with the apocalypse - growing in the Garden of Gehane.

4. I think that Euron and Bloodraven are master adversaries in this great game. Dany, Jon Snow and Tyrion are likely to be the main protagonists (I suspect Aegon is a Blackfyre) in the final showdown, but Bloodraven (with Bran as his likely lieutenant/successor) is moving the chess pieces from afar. Euron is like a more malignant, negative version of Bloodraven: both sons of kings, both sorcerers, both great warriors, both master strategists and manipulators. I suspect that Euron was a potential greenseer gone wrong, who has been seduced into service of the Great Other (one with Jedi powers who has gone over to the Dark Side). Right now the Others are this dark, destructive force, but we have no idea what is motivating them; Euron makes a perfect Darth Siddious pulling the strings behind the scenes.

5. I understand the timeline problems with the Euron = Daario theory, but I think that it is likely that Euron already has some game in play in Slaver's Bay, and I wouldn't be surprised if Daario is involved. We know that Dany is surrounded by dangers, and that she will have to face 2 more betrayals.

All of this is mostly speculation, of course. We know that GRRM loves misdirection, and that his clues are surrounded by red herrings. He's openly said that some of his POV characters are untrustworthy. But to me, Euron is not a sideshow; he is a major part of the main threat.

You are on the right track. The Ironborn worship the Great Other, unkowingly. I think the Iron from their name doesn't come from the ore but the magic Ironwood that are the antithesis of the Weirwood. I wrote about it here.

You are looking for The major advisary. You won't find it easily. This is literally the Many Faced Enemy. Human life creates a multiplicity of individual lives. Others have (a) singular life force that raises many from the dead. There will be many faces of the enemy but the enemy is one.

If the Faceless men were not so anti-slavery it would be clear they are it. The Other are the biggest slavers ever.

Archived