The Magicians - SyFy [SHOW SPOILERS ONLY]

RedEyedGhost

Guys, can anyone help me... I cant remember where I've seen the actress who plays Elliot's bride before (her character's name is Fen apparently)... I think it's on Orphan Black not sure at all...

•  

6 minutes ago, Arkash said:

Guys, can anyone help me... I cant remember where I've seen the actress who plays Elliot's bride before (her character's name is Fen apparently)... I think it's on Orphan Black not sure at all...

•  

Was it Menolly? If so, that was Fiona Hogan.

I enjoyed the twists of the finale, but it really sped through the events. Shame since, the earlier episodes had a similar problem with pacing, but were too damn slow. The mind block and Reynard was quite well done. Nice cliffhanger for next season.

10 minutes ago, Arkash said:

•  

:lol:  I had to look her up too.  Laci J Mailey her highest number of credits is on Falling Skies, but she's also been on Supernatural, iZombie, Arrow, and Continuum.

2 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

:lol:  I had to look her up too.  Laci J Mailey her highest number of credits is on Falling Skies, but she's also been on Supernatural, iZombie, Arrow, and Continuum.

Ah, Captain Weaver's daughter.

11 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Oh thanks ! 

Yeah, now I remember her from Supernatural (she was the sheriff assistant on the season 11 double-premiere), iZombie (just a case of the week role) and Continuum (The commissioner's daughter whom her father tried to make infiltrate Liber8) ! Thank you ! :)

I am always impressed when people can spot these actors.  I'd have to watch more of those shows, though.  I only watched Continuum the first season, and haven't watched Supernatural in years.  Lost interest in Arrow after he got too bizarre.

If anyone's interested in how the books handle the time loops and The Beast's connection to Julia, here's a pretty non-show-spoiling explanation:

The books don't have either of these. There is no such thing as a time loop going on at all. And Julia isn't in the plot at all. Book 1 is about the group's entanglements and confrontation with the beast, and book 2 is a flashback to what Julia was doing outside of Brakebills meanwhile. The two plots are completely separate.

1 hour ago, SpaceChampion said:

Did the Beast even have extra fingers like they kept saying?  I don't remember them focusing the camera on them if he did.

think they thought Beastie would have six fingers 'cause they thought Plover wanted those extra fingers so he could perform dark or more potent magic.  Then when they thought he was the Beast, they assumed he would have them.  If Martin had extra fingers, I never  noticed.

4 hours ago, NestorMakhnosLovechild said:

Pretty sure that The Beast had a very unconvincing extra pinky finger attached to his hands.

Yes, he did. I don't know if they were prosthetic or cgi, but they looked funky.

12 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Did the Beast even have extra fingers like they kept saying?  I don't remember them focusing the camera on them if he did.

Yes Martin did, but Count Tyrone Rugen's were more convincing.

4 hours ago, Knight of Ashes said:

Um, the show is gonna need a bigger budget; not just for more convincing extra fingers but for parts of books 2 and especially 3 should they choose to adapt them.

Absolutely. The use of locations in Fillory, and the use of extreme close-ups to mask the lack of said locations, was pretty noticable.

Also, "Reynard the Fox? Yeah, smack a couple of yellow contact lenses on him and call it a day. Oh, and I have a great idea for how to handle Ember ..."

Archived