[Poll] How would you rate episode 506

How would you rate episode 506?  

769 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I don't understand why people have such a problem with a girl being raped. Or that they are glad that the scene wasn't more graphic.

Much more terrible things happened in the show - murder, torture. And in very graphic ways also..

The problem is not that Sansa was raped, that is fine. Because it is not real, it is a TLEVISION SHOW people!!!! The problem is bad writing. Why did she go along with LF's plan after a 20 seconds "avenge them" speech, without asking anymore info about the nature of his plan and the risks involved????

Very ambivalent towards this. It feels so off-course from the text now that I can't even really muster any point in trying to compare them: characters are radically different, plots are all over the place. Based on its own merits it was...mostly fine. Arya's material was perhaps the strongest part with the excellent dying girl scene and the really eerie and cool hall of faces. Podeswa's direction was serviceable, nothing particularly outstanding from him. Dorne was bizarre. It's way too easy for Jaime and Bronn to infiltrate the water gardens, the sand-snakes continue to barely exist, and the fight scene itself was odd.

The birth-mark plot was absurd, in my mind, but not unexpected from this show. Pyrce continues to do well with the material given, but the faith have lost all nuance. Granted, it wasn't as silly as the montage from episode four, but still. Tyrion/Jorah was fine. I liked the scene with the slavers. No idea how Tyrion knew the nitty-gritty details of Jeor's death.

As for Sansa....I cried. I raged. This wasn't something I ever wanted to happen, and the dread has been with me all season. I don't know what to think. All I know is that it's been the hardest thing to watch on this show.

I don't know what to rate it. I don't.

Is there a 0 rating on here. Can somebody please give me back the hour of my life, I demand it back.

Do you think maybe just maybe they might make 18 entertainment instead of this horseshitting once upon a time, sinbad was in atlantis, or whatever else they have merlined into these teen audiences, appealling to those challenged youths. Sure they say 18, because there are tits, every now and again there are bloody tits, cutting that content away and what certificate would this be?

At this point any idiot could have done this better, the acting stinks, the sets stinks, the dialogue stinks, the plots stinks.

Every single scene was bullshit every single one.

Someboby should make a comedy with those Dornish expressions, Bronn looks like an idiot trying to regain balance, Jamie also has his mouth open and what was the hissing again. Cock merchant seriously stupid, like that entire design. Cricumstancual accusations means Margaery is convicted, he was a squire, of course he is suppose to do up breeches, proving ,nothing, kill the squire. That gawking Tommen, try not to smirk, try not to say anything, keep your laughter hidden. Lord protector of the East means Warden of the North, but they only capture the deadliest champion in the Realm and the queen. I couldn't stop laughing at the end, that was the most pathetic thing, ever, to hit my TV ever. Disney wedding, fairylights and snow, how CGI maleficent. Do you take him for a wife, yes, smiles, please take off clothes, not slowly.Reek do you wanna watch, boohoo. He was crying because he had to watch something that would have happened anyway, he watched a gynonudmaniac?

Edited by Johnsmith

Again another episode where you can now see everything coming together and where we are heading to in Winds of WInter. The only downside for me was Dorne, this just feels bolted on with a weak story line and weak acting (Sandsnakes!!). The Sansa part was hard to watch I admit but it's now obvious where her arc is going.

I gave it a 3. Not just for Sansa. The writing and overall quality of the show are rapidly deteriorating.

I can sympathise. I have given a 4 this time - I've never marked it as low as that. I don't hold it to such high criteria as I would some other dramas, therefore I've tended to vote purely on its entertainment value and forgiven the flaws. This episode has to be the worst I've seen in the history of the show.

It wasn't just the Sansa rape for me - although that just rounded off what was a very messy episode. It started quite promisingly with Arya's scenes, but all in all it was terribly disjointed last night, with clunky direction and clunky writing. Margaery's arrest was rushed and unbelievable. In fact the whole sparrows thing has been poorly handled, despite the presence of the wonderful Jonathan Pryce. Tyrion and Jorah stuck in the middle of nowhere and jumped by the pirates/slavers was also clunky. I can't even bring myself to talk about Dorne any more.

I didn't mind the LF/Cersei scene, and to me it was there to set up the fact that LF has really over-reached himself this time and will pay for it. But again, nothing really flowed last night. It was just bad all round. Although I suppose one could say that the Sansa wedding night was 'tastefully' shot - in that we did not actually see the rape - I still have a problem (as do many others on the Board) with rape being used as a device for female character growth. I really think this was a step too far.

My 4 score is for the usual great production values, one or two stellar acting performances and the Arya scenes. It's worrying, because there are only 4 episodes left to pull this back together.

To be fair about the Dornish scenes, they aren't any better in the novels, where they are somewhat hit and miss. We're missing a minor character, Darkstar, who only turns up in Book 4 for a few pages. We're missing the ultimately pointless romance between Arys Oakheart and Arianne Martell. We're missing some of the most sluggish and hit and miss writing of the fourth novel. Sadly, we're missing Arianne, but we're missing no character development re the Sand Snakes, who aren't any better characterised in the books. The basic fact of the matter is that Martin himself jumped the shark with the Dornish by killing Oberyn off too soon.

Edited by The Killer Snark

Season 5 has been beyond terrible. I've stopped looking forward to a new episode after the first 4, I just don't think the producers know what they are doing. Considering the wonderful material from A Dance of Dragons, this could - should - be going better. If I ever binge watch GoT in the future, this season will be passed over. I have no idea how they will finish this off with two more seasons, or even three.

I must admit - I'm just waiting for Daznak's now.

First time ever that I am not in the 15% users that gave lowest ratings. This time I am not even in the 30%.

I gave 4, because it's shit but it's most interesting of this shit so far this season. I never give 1 btw, visuals are often good even though they mess up the scenography (it's inconsistent and not faithful to books) and there is always someone of the cast and crew that does the good job that week.

Good to see people are coming to their senses, I considered show shit after 10 minutes of S01E01 even though everyone raced to say I'm wrong.

Dorne was shit - everything else was good. I'd rate it 7.5 but I can't, so I rated it 8 for rounding purposes.

This is the first time, in the entirety of the books or show, that I have felt anything for Sansa as a character.

The faceless men stuff had me thinking - that's a shitload of Scooby Doo endings in the one room :D I'm not sure I think Arya deserves to become a faceless man, she's still a an impertinent little child. It's almost like Jaquen has this soft spot for her, which I don't like, because it makes the whole faceless man organisation seem to lack discipline.

Dorne was just bad, stilted. The fight was silly. Myrcella and Twistywhatever were silly. How did Jamie and Bronn even get in there? I get what the scene was trying to suggest, that Hotah knew the Sandsnakes would attack, so let Jamie and Bronn in as a way to catch them in the act - but it wasn't very clear. It needed a line from Bronn, like 'I don't like this, we got in too easy' or something.

LF is interesting. His eye is on the big prize. His plan seems so simple to me now it's not funny - he wants all the highborns gone, he wants to be the only one with a title. His hatred of highborns, because he came from a minor house and got cut by Brandon, is kind of so obvious now. He is ballsy and playing a really dangerous game - but i think he thinks its worth it.

8/10 for me. Would have given a 9 but for the ending. I really don't know what the show runners are thinking. The scene completely unnecessary.

However, I quite enjoyed the rest of the episode. I thought Dorne wasn't too bad either except for dumbbing down Jamie.

I just decided not to over analyze the show and just accept that it will never compare to the books, once I've done that, the show has become more enjoyable to me.

To be fair about the Dornish scenes, they aren't any better in the novels, where they are somewhat hit and miss. We're missing a minor character, Darkstar, who only turns up in Book 4 for a few pages. We're missing the ultimately pointless romance between Arys Oakheart and Arianne Martell. We're missing some of the most sluggish and hit and miss writing of the fourth novel. Sadly, we're missing Arianne, but we're missing no character development re the Sand Snakes, who aren't any better characterised in the books. The basic fact of the matter is that Martin himself jumped the shark with the Dornish by killing Oberyn off too soon.

Yes they are better in the books, because while they're hit and miss in the books, they're just miss in the show.

This was a good episode tbh. I liked it. 6

Good:

WF and Braavos Scenes were really great. The cinematography for the Hall of Faces and Godswood was amazing.

Meh:

KL and the two companions felt really flat to me.

Bad:

Dorne is just terrible.

The Braavos sceens what? She youthinates a teen, she is in the club. We see some hanky spanky that must make the awesomest CGI feces?

Where was the line I am nobody?

Edited by Johnsmith

Guess this might be a spoiler, LF bringing Vale army to crush whoever wins the battle of ice.

Faye Marsay and Arya are pretty good together.

Dorne was...ok...its really a shame they've changed things.

And Winterfell...well, that happened.

That won't happen, because book-LF isn't a fucking moron. If he uses the Vale army it'll be in the south.

LF is interesting. His eye is on the big prize. His plan seems so simple to me now it's not funny - he wants all the highborns gone, he wants to be the only one with a title. His hatred of highborns, because he came from a minor house and got cut by Brandon, is kind of so obvious now. He is ballsy and playing a really dangerous game - but i think he thinks its worth it.

Problem for me is that it's just not realistic. In order for Littlefinger plan to work one has to assume that other players in the game are dumb, stupid, clueless morons who are easily fooled and manipulated. In my opinion D&D should have made Littlefingers ambition less obvious and more vague something similar to Vary's.

Problem for me is that it's just not realistic. In order for Littlefinger plan to work one has to assume that other players in the game are dumb, stupid, clueless morons who are easily fooled and manipulated. In my opinion D&D should have made Littlefingers ambition less obvious and more vague something similar to Vary's.

Well, did you see the rest of them? They were pretty dumb and clueless - heads up their own asses, full of their own worries. Now Tywin is gone, I'm not sure if any of them are looking at the big picture anymore. Roose is only focused on the North. Tyrion and Varys are big picture kind of characters, but they're on a different continent. Ollena usually is - but she is all stressed about her family ATM. Who else is looking at the whole game in Westeros other than LF this season?

Oh, I thought of someone - Stannis - he's probably still big picture observer, though I think his number will be up before this season is out.

Edited by ummester

I didn't mind the LF/Cersei scene, and to me it was there to set up the fact that LF has really over-reached himself this time and will pay for it. But again, nothing really flowed last night. It was just bad all round. Although I suppose one could say that the Sansa wedding night was 'tastefully' shot - in that we did not actually see the rape - I still have a problem (as do many others on the Board) with rape being used as a device for female character growth. I really think this was a step too far.

What are you talking about? What does a GOT wedding ceremony consist of please tell me again, tasteful? What was different? It was made for teens, because billion dollar acts paid to prefrom have problems finding any balance into what they are paid to do.

That sceen wasn't assault, because it was consensual, it wasn't rape because she had even agreed to even take her clothes off. BOO F'ING WHO.

Talk to any underprivilaged 12-14 year olds today and the horror stories they will tell you about their first times would bring real tears to your eyes. What is happening in Paraguay today what a shitty world.

No I don't expect some of those occurances to translate to my screen but the last thing I expect is over hyped nonsensical drivel that amounts to total bullshit

However this is 18 entertainment not another teen movie following the gossip mags promoting clowns.

Edited by Johnsmith

Well, did you see the rest of them? They were pretty dumb and clueless - heads up their own asses, full of their own worries. Now Tywin is gone, I'm not sure if any of them are looking at the big picture anymore. Roose is only focused on the North. Tyrion and Varys are big picture kind of characters, but they're on a different continent. Ollena usually is - but she is all stressed about her family ATM. Who else is looking at the whole game in Westeros other than LF this season?

It's just bad storytelling by D&D. They are just focusing on keeping various stories fit together and ignoring character development. Lot of the stories are just rushed and hastily put together just to get characters from point A to point B.