[Poll] How would you rate episode 506

How would you rate episode 506?  

769 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

So many people voting a '1' here carried by their emotions over one character. Atleast give the other amazing scenes the weight they deserve.

7/10 for me. Jorah and Tyrion were great and Arya's scenes were well executed.

Dorne was terrible, hope Doran steps in soon enough and ends this horrible Sand Snakes plot.

KL was okay,but they are really trying too hard with Olenna now,its getting a bit stale.

Nothing surprising in WF plot,of course Ramsay was gonna do that,anyone else who thought otherwise is naive when it comes to the show.

I liked Sansa's wedding dress the white-grey made her look like a true Stark lady.

Theon has been exceptional in showing his emotions with no words.

Admitedly, Dorne was laughable again. It felt like we were watching Xena. I somehow didn't mind.

Sansa's...marriage scene may have been one of the most beautifully staged and tense scenes on the show.

The following scene was horrible of course. Not as horrible as what happened to Jeyne Poole in the books, and dare I say...not as horrible as what happened to Ned, Robb, Catelyn and Talisa? I just hope Sansa doesn't have a Bolton baby...maybe this will be the opportunity for the show to introduce Moon Tea.

I mean...was it necessary? I think if we are realistic about it, plot armor has been protecting the Stark girls from rape* for awhile now. Once the marrying Ramsay plot was inserted, this was going to happen, barring a timely seige by Stannis, or Brienne bursting into the bedchamber and castrating the bastard with Oathkeeper. Which, come to think of it is what I wish would have happened.

*unwelcome consummation after an arranged marriage = rape in my book if consent was never given, so Sansa has previously dodged this fate with Joff and Tyrion. Arya, her skills with Needle notwithstanding, was extraordinarily lucky to avoid being raped as well, given where she's been since Ned's execution.

I went with a 7 but could have been a 6.

I liked most of the episode except Dorne. Most of my dislike for Dorne is this big build up in the books about the sand snakes and then you have this week battle royale with a one handed Jaime and Bronn that ends in a stale mate. Just feels too rushed and not thought out.

Arya, liked a lot of her scenes. Getting some more of the FM story, becomming no one etc.

Kings Landing, ehh..ok. Kinda strange how Tommen didn't stop the faith from taking her right in front of him. Silly little boy forgot how much he liked having sex with her! Was that some forshadowing in the preview where you hear the high sparrow talking about justice but you don't see who he is speaking too, maybe the other arrest is next.

Sansa. Yeah it sucks. Knew it was coming and it wasn't as bad as I was set up for so I was a little relieved. Can't wait for her to get some revenge at some point in her life.

Tyrion / Jorah. A lot of people last week were unhappy that Tyrion didn't mention meeting Jorahs dad, and now he does mention him and OBTW he is dead, killed by his own men, sorry Jorah.

So many people voting a '1' here carried by their emotions over one character. Atleast give the other amazing scenes the weight they deserve.

Dorne was terrible, hope Doran steps in soon enough and ends this horrible Sand Snakes plot.

KL was okay,but they are really trying too hard with Olenna now,its getting a bit stale.

Nothing surprising in WF plot,of course Ramsay was gonna do that,anyone else who thought otherwise is naive when it comes to the show.

I liked Sansa's wedding dress the white-grey made her look like a true Stark lady.

slighlty ironic given GRRM's many many blogs about voting for things on their merits in the whole Sad Puppies fiasco.

I do think that at least in this episode, there is a danger that GOT could get sucked into that vortex. If the numbers are to be believed, there will be a lot of people on this board not watching from now on. Are they still going to vote?

For half a heartbeat I was terrified the room of faces was going to be a normal sized stone room with faces around it. On this they definitely lived up to book expectations.

Don't think the people who play Myrcella and trystane know how to kiss. Watching them and their corny romance scenes made me want to stick my fingers down my throat and vomit. The fighting was laughable.

Petyr story line is making sense now. I'm glad they've made sense of the storyline. Have to say well done to the writers for puzzling that out. The last scene definitely felt like it's clicking into place with (F)arya story.

Don't like the way their handling the high sparrow movement.

But over all not much happened in terms of movement in the story but their getting a good handle on connecting show and book when they've been far apart and so I gave this an 8

Gave it a 7. I'm impressed with how the show has managed to slow down and give attention to detail and atmosphere. I can't say this was done at all in Season 4 and certainly not in the first 3 episodes of Season 5.

I don't understand the "1" votes. Is it simply because of your connection to Sansa and your disapproval over where her arc has taken her? I don't fault D&D at all for what they needed to do with Sansa - she's a great actress and one of the more sympathetic characters. They couldn't have her just walking around the Vale all day with nothing to do. The change is welcome. Watching her scene was painful - but I'm certain it's going to set up for great drama in the final episodes.

I've posted it already - but I think Sansa takes out either Ramsay or Roose (or both?) with Theon's help...and then throws herself off of the tallest tower in Winterfell, lands where Bran landed in Episode 1. Brienne and Pod arrive too late. Tragic all around.

Edited by GarthGreenhand

As to the Sansa / Ramsey scene, she was ready to do what she knew was going to happen. It wasn't until Theon was commanded to stay that she really became horrified. She was willing to have sex with Ramsey, but not be humiliated at the same time.

As to the Sansa / Ramsey scene, she was ready to do what she knew was going to happen. It wasn't until Theon was commanded to stay that she really became horrified. She was willing to have sex with Ramsey, but not be humiliated at the same time.

i voted the episode a 7.

The show writers realize that they have to tie up all these plot lines so they are forcing them together. On the one hand you question the logic used, but on the other I'm glad that we are finally seeing some resolution to these stories. I also believe some people are getting upset because something terrible happened to one their favorite characters and are rage quitting on the show. Even the worst episode of GoT is still must watch television and no worse than a 6.

Edited by tallTale

I voted 1 and I would like to stress that without the Winterfell plot (which, to be honest, I had completely forgotten would happen), it would have been a 2.

Not a book reader, btw. Well, not these books, I do read!

I understand that they can't include all of the characters from the books (as that would probably be way too confusing, long and excessive) and a tv show *adaptation* won't be a carbon copy of the books and I do love what they're doing despite the complaints.

However, other than Doran, everything that has occurred in Dorne is cringe central for me! I was so excited for the sandsnakes but I'm not sure if it's the script, the actors or both but oh my gosh I hate them!

it's still about a 7.5/10 because Lady Olenna is one bad ass b****

Even taking away the emotional distaste, there is really very little to like about the episode. Arya's story line is the only one which I would say is wholly "good" and even then her scenes are starting to drag. Two thirds into the season and only now is she about to do something other than scrub floors/bodies.

After that Tyrion's plot line comes next in quality I'd say. The scene were he breaks the news about Jeor to Jorah was touching, well acted and well written. But the scene with the slavers made little sense. Why are they so easily persuaded? Why not just have them headed to Meereen in the first place? Why is Tyrion considered worthless? The Slavers would have considered him worth selling to a grotesquery.

Dorne and KL were laughable. And then there's Winterfell.

Edited by protar

I think these episodes cannot be rated quite yet. They work in conjunction with the upcoming episodes, where the build up of events in the last two episodes start to gain value and meaning. These are the kind of episodes which in hindsight make you think "oh, clever!". Season 5 (this seems to often be the case for any series with 7 seasons) gains value as a whole. It's one of those seasons which was always somewhat boring to watch initially, yet when you buy the DVD box once the series is done it becomes appreciated as one of the best seasons because of the fallout during seasons 6 and 7 afterwards stemming from this season.

Edited by The Emberheart

Wow, the ratings are quite harsh !

I wonder how many people went there rating the episode on their initial hot-headed reaction ?

The episode does not deserve so much "1/10", really... I gave it an 8, for one.