[Poll] How would you rate episode 506

How would you rate episode 506?  

769 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Attention to detail focused entirely on lack of actual roads, in Dorne or in Highgraden. No cobbles no scree just MUD. How would anybody travel anywhere?

What are Slavers landing in the middle of nowhere for? A cock merchant seriously? However if he was the best knight in all the seven kingdoms, what is he doing here, further why wouldn't a slaver try out his ability considering how worthless life is. I beliefs you here let me taxi you and quickly

Why in Dornish a swordfight does everybody have their mouths open, it was like a tennis match grunts and hisses stupid banter, watch at how absolutely utterly stupid they looked. What was up with the dancing showhorse jamie was riding in on?

Why is a boy whore believed over a honorable high standing house. A boy whore whose evidence was of a birthmark, however upon testimony he was a squire. Meaning this squire would have drawn baths, changed clothing, helped clothed and armour, mended wounds seen his master naked many times in this medieval world. Becasue of this farce that was enough to convict the queen of perjury through circumstantial placing her in a room where she might have also witnessed a squire with his lord.

Littlefinger arrives in kingslanding with what were they beside him on foot? They didn't look like anything that resembled a kinght. However he is Lord protector of the East, why would he want to be Warden of the North, not the East? How did he know about the Boltons? He know everything spies everywhere

Braavos she knew what line to use, we had heard it last episode who she was suppose to be, so what was the spanky for, how did that help her training because that is how they train servitude?

I am not gonna comment on Winterfells, idoticness again appearently there are far to many underaged watchers here blinded by shit.

Almost every single background was severly lacking things like fairylights in Winterfell.

The acting was absurd, look at most of the expressionsal dialogue used and these people actually get paid?

0 out of 10 absolutely any clown could have pulled this off

Edited by Johnsmith

8/10

I wanted to go higher as I thought it was a great episode that entertained throughout, but I couldn't get over the poor acting and cheesy lines of the Sandsnakes. It was amusing to watch, but they certainly could have done better. Almost everything else was well executed.

3/10

I think the main reason I gave it a 3 instead of 1 or 2 is that last week dropped my expectations.

One thing I don't understand about the posters here...I see people talking about how horrible the sand snakes/ dorne scenes are (and I agree). However the same folks will rate the episode a 7 or higher. When something is that bad, how can you separate it from the whole so easily? If I loved every other part of the episode, I still couldn't go over 5 as those scenes were just insanely bad.

I had less of a problem with the end than a lot of people. However I dislike the shows portrayal of ramsay. I think they give him too much credit in terms of self control.

5/10. I would've given an 8/10 without the Dornish scenes. That plotline is worst than Qarth in season 2, something I thought would never happen again. Asha/Yara failed rescue mission last year was bad too but only lasted one episode. WTH happened? It's not just the writing or the Sand Snakes, everything is sub-par and a gigantic waste of 3/4 good actors and a great set.

1/10

Awful dialogue

Terrible acting

One of the worst fight scenes I've ever seen, the choreography was so bad. The 3 sand snake actors are clueless

Wintefell scenes had these really boring pauses and silences

The slavers appearing unnoticed right in front of Tyrion & Jorah was so badly executed

Shoving in Mormont and Renly's armour back story three seasons late was sloppy and needless

Sansa backtracking on character development

Thats just rating it as a show watcher. As for the huge divergences from the book. It was a train wreck.

George RR Martin you have a LOT to answer for.

I think the Olenna in the carriage scene was very important.

Seriously. They waste money on that? Don't they all complain how expensive shoots are, especially with horses?

They need someone that keeps track of where they spend their budget.

Can't rate the episode, still processing the end. I switch between 1 and 10.

The good:

- Cersei finally feels like a real person, and her scenes with LF were some of their better scenes (which isn't saying much, I know)

- the KL plot line in general felt a lot tighter this episode than it usually does; I'd even say they handled the Marg arrest twist well.

- Arya finding the faces

The bad, basically DORNE:

- Dorne... oh my lord. What a disaster on every level. And Trystane!!! Did anyone else notice how they kept cutting away from closeups of his face because of his ridiculous pout??

- the Sand Snakes are just a joke.

- that fight scene was appalling

- why are they wearing clothes you'd wear in the desert if Dorne is apparently green with a gentle bit of sunshine (overcast too!). Which goes to how bad the settings were done.

Still processing Sansa.

George RR Martin you have a LOT to answer for.

No, he doesn't. He is not creator of the show, he had no part in this travesty they call book adaptation so associating him with anything regarding this season is bad. However, I think it is rather sad that he doesn't actually speak his mind. But, money makes world goes round and round.

5/10...

Too little good stuff... Arya's storyline was OK, Tyrion and Jorah were fine-ish...

Nothing else worked - Dorne was cheesy, KL was lowering IQ of the watchers and Winterfell was disaster.

One thing I don't understand about the posters here...I see people talking about how horrible the sand snakes/ dorne scenes are (and I agree). However the same folks will rate the episode a 7 or higher. When something is that bad, how can you separate it from the whole so easily? If I loved every other part of the episode, I still couldn't go over 5 as those scenes were just insanely bad.

Well, I gave it an 8 and I wasnt a fan of the Dornish scenes.

That being said, the episode was so filled with great little moments, that it outweights the bad, so I can justify my 8 :

Pros :

- Game of Faces - both scenes were great.

- Arya giving the Gift of Death was beautifuly done as well.

- Tyrion / Jorah discussing Jeor.

- Tyrion skepticism about Dany and Jorah's blind faith contrast.

- Tyrion's tongue to get them (and himself) out of trouble and that "cock merchant" line (AAA was brillant !)

- Olenna's first punchline of the season as she comes back.

- Littlefinger / Lancel meeting. Nice set-up.

- Littlefinger playing Cersei like a harp.

- Olenna and Cersei dialogue.

- Finn Jones getting to act finally and the inquisition scene ! (Though I wonder if Margaery will only fall for lying to the Gods or if it will go further).

- Alfie Allen.

- The beautiful scenery of the wedding, and the music ! Ramin Djawadi delivers !

- The focus on Reek's face during the wedding consomation.

- "That explains the Golden hand !"

- The Dornishman's Wife !

- Areo Hotah was impressive !

- "She got pregnant. That was boring." Hehehe, I see what you did there !

- A subtle one but : Autumn in Dorne. I know people expect a full-sunny landscape there, but it's Autumn, remember !

Cons :

- Jaime / Bronn vs Sand Snakes.

- Only a glimpse of Doran.

- No Sand Snakes getting a little bit more fleshed-out, though that may (and will) come.

- Would have liked a little bit more exposition during the Hall of Faces scene.

- I know the blizzard is coming next week, but not enough snow at Winterfell.

So, yeah, all in all, I stick to my 8/10.

Edited by Arkash

Quite a few critics that I trust a fair amount seem to have some serious problems with this episode (not even necessarily the Sansa stuff, more the pacing and tone of everything else); its making me wonder if I need to watch it again and re-evaluate. Because other than Dorne, I really liked this episode the first time through.

The showrunners of this show now have chips on their shoulder after the huge success in the previous seasons, and now they spend way too much money and time into exotic locations and fancy custom, and overlook the plot which ought to be the life of any shows, I wish and pray HBO would hear the outcry of fans, and save this show from ruining, I now have no hope for this season, but I still have hope that next season this show will be back to the track, but first I want to see some heads rolling.