[Poll] How would you rate episode 506

How would you rate episode 506?  

769 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Well, I gave it an 8 and I wasnt a fan of the Dornish scenes.

That being said, the episode was so filled with great little moments, that it outweights the bad, so I can justify my 8 :

Pros :

- Game of Faces - both scenes were great.

- Arya giving the Gift of Death was beautifuly done as well.

- Tyrion / Jorah discussing Jeor.

- Tyrion skepticism about Dany and Jorah's blind faith contrast.

- Tyrion's tongue to get them (and himself) out of trouble and that "cock merchant" line (AAA was brillant !)

- Olenna's first punchline of the season as she comes back.

- Littlefinger / Lancel meeting. Nice set-up.

- Littlefinger playing Cersei like a harp.

- Olenna and Cersei dialogue.

- Finn Jones getting to act finally and the inquisition scene ! (Though I wonder if Margaery will only fall for lying to the Gods or if it will go further).

- Alfie Allen.

- The beautiful scenery of the wedding, and the music ! Ramin Djawadi delivers !

- The focus on Reek's face during the wedding consomation.

- "That explains the Golden hand !"

- The Dornishman's Wife !

- Areo Hotah was impressive !

- "She got pregnant. That was boring." Hehehe, I see what you did there !

- A subtle one but : Autumn in Dorne. I know people expect a full-sunny landscape there, but it's Autumn, remember !

Cons :

- Jaime / Bronn vs Sand Snakes.

- Only a glimpse of Doran.

- No Sand Snakes getting a little bit more fleshed-out, though that may (and will) come.

- Would have liked a little bit more exposition during the Hall of Faces scene.

- I know the blizzard is coming next week, but not enough snow at Winterfell.

So, yeah, all in all, I stick to my 8/10.

I pretty much agree with this.

One or two subpar scenes don't cause me to rate the whole episode 'bad'. I rate it based on how it felt overall. I think this episode was a solid 8.

Quite a few critics that I trust a fair amount seem to have some serious problems with this episode (not even necessarily the Sansa stuff, more the pacing and tone of everything else); its making me wonder if I need to watch it again and re-evaluate. Because other than Dorne, I really liked this episode the first time through.

Me too. But, the audience numbers are sending the message to the critics to back off their unrestricted praise, so, perversely, what you may see, is that the episodes from here on in will be better but more harshly criticized than 1-5 which were generally extremely weak, but got good reviews because everyone was still on the GOT bandwagon full tilt.

I thought this was the best episode of the season, minus the Dorne stuff, I'm leaving out the Sansa plot, because the execution of said plot was well done, even if it has issues regarding character/books/etc.

I think these episodes cannot be rated quite yet. They work in conjunction with the upcoming episodes, where the build up of events in the last two episodes start to gain value and meaning. These are the kind of episodes which in hindsight make you think "oh, clever!". Season 5 (this seems to often be the case for any series with 7 seasons) gains value as a whole. It's one of those seasons which was always somewhat boring to watch initially, yet when you buy the DVD box once the series is done it becomes appreciated as one of the best seasons because of the fallout during seasons 6 and 7 afterwards stemming from this season.

Lol, this is so patronising...

Some of us, believe it or not, did the same thing you're doing right now ... back in season 2. 3 years ago. And then season 3. And 4. And each time, there was no smart pay off to any stupid decision. In my experience (and I've watched the show since it first premiered), the end result makes the initial decision seem even more stupid.

Quite a few critics that I trust a fair amount seem to have some serious problems with this episode (not even necessarily the Sansa stuff, more the pacing and tone of everything else); its making me wonder if I need to watch it again and re-evaluate. Because other than Dorne, I really liked this episode the first time through.

Even though I disagree with you when it comes to the show, I'd say that you don't need to be influenced by critics. Usually when they start criticising a show, it's because they're trying to read the writing on the wall - in which case, the problems they have and are pointing out usually originated earlier in the show/season.

I know that when I first watched episodes 1-4, I thought they had key problems but also showed promise... It wasn't until episode 5 that I realised the problems I had were getting worse. Episode 6 took that to a whole new level.

Why take others opinion above your own impression and feeling? Most of the critics are emotionally compromised and/or just ranting. I think they're the ones that will re-evaluate, or just forget, once they've sobered up. This episode rocked! Arkash hits on our reasons why quite well.

It was pretty poorly written and boring.

They were doing such a great job with the north storyline the previous episode. Building the plot up, good solutions and enjoyable scenes... I don't see why they couldn't do the same for the south plotline. It feels really fractured, overall lame and empty. The Dorne line is absolutely horrible. As amazing oberyn and ellaria were the previous season what's going on now is about as bad. The writing, the directing and the acting are all pretty poor.

Bowdown to Bronn who made me laugh out with the Dornishman's wife song. That was a pleasant surprise.

Arya scenes were quite good, I got the tourist feels when she walked down the hall of the stone faces. Wow so majestic wow you don't see this everyday, wow it's worth traveling.

Tyrion and Jorah scenes were recycled Tyrion and Bronn scenes. Still they have half a chemistry. If there was anything to appreciate though is being realistic about Jorah's and Tyrion's knowledge of Essos people. Jorah knew what fights and what names to mention. Saint Tyrion still thinks 'Lannister' is the magic word to save his arse.

I loved Olenna. She's da man. The whole trial scene felt off though. I love the tyrell family bonds but other than that, it felt off. And I'm starting to hate Tommen more than Joffrey. This wouldn't be an issue if he wasn't aged up. If you are 15 and a king, you should have the balls to stop the arresting of your crush.

What else happened? Oh Littlefinger! I'm kinda feeling sorry for poor dude. He is but a shadow of himself this season and his 'master plan' stopped making sense since the end of season 4. Writing fail.

The entire episode was pretty dull and didn't reach up to my expectations. the most intense reaction it managed to spark in me was a LOL. That makes it a 6.

10/10 Another fantastic episode. I must say I was shocked to see the unusually low votes. I know this site tends to have a vitriolic attitute towards things that stray from the books, but that is a given now so far into the show.

I must review more of this thread to find out what could possibly cause som many people to rate this episode low, even a 1.... I mean this is the best TV show ever imo. Based on my favourite book series. I am starting to believe this site is inhabited mostly by trolls.

Arya scenes were quite good, I got the tourist feels when she walked down the hall of the stone faces. Wow so majestic wow you don't see this everyday, wow it's worth traveling.

Tyrion and Jorah scenes were recycled Tyrion and Bronn scenes. Still they have half a chemistry. If there was anything to appreciate though is being realistic about Jorah's and Tyrion's knowledge of Essos people. Jorah knew what fights and what names to mention. Saint Tyrion still thinks 'Lannister' is the magic word to save his arse.

I loved Olenna. She's da man. The whole trial scene felt off though. I love the tyrell family bonds but other than that, it felt off. And I'm starting to hate Tommen more than Joffrey. This wouldn't be an issue if he wasn't aged up. If you are 15 and a king, you should have the balls to stop the arresting of your crush.

What else happened? Oh Littlefinger! I'm kinda feeling sorry for poor dude. He is but a shadow of himself this season and his 'master plan' stopped making sense since the end of season 4. Writing fail.

The entire episode was pretty dull and didn't reach up to my expectations. the most intense reaction it managed to spark in me was a LOL. That makes it a 6.

"A girl is not ready to be a faceless man, a girl is ready to something else", you understand by this, the show is ready to ruin Arya's adventure in the house of black and white?

10/10 Another fantastic episode. I must say I was shocked to see the unusually low votes. I know this site tends to have a vitriolic attitute towards things that stray from the books, but that is a given now so far into the show.

I must review more of this thread to find out what could possibly cause som many people to rate this episode low, even a 1.... I mean this is the best TV show ever imo. Based on my favourite book series. I am starting to believe this site is inhabited mostly by trolls.

From a dude/lady with 30 posts . . calling us, "trolls." :bs:

Even though I disagree with you when it comes to the show, I'd say that you don't need to be influenced by critics. Usually when they start criticising a show, it's because they're trying to read the writing on the wall - in which case, the problems they have and are pointing out usually originated earlier in the show/season.

I know that when I first watched episodes 1-4, I thought they had key problems but also showed promise... It wasn't until episode 5 that I realised the problems I had were getting worse. Episode 6 took that to a whole new level.

Why take others opinion above your own impression and feeling? Most of the critics are emotionally compromised and/or just ranting. I think they're the ones that will re-evaluate, or just forget, once they've sobered up. This episode rocked! Arkash hits on our reasons why quite well.

Its not that I take their opinions above my own or that I'm always influenced by a mass collective called "the critics." Its that there's a specific list of critics whose opinions I often agree with and who I trust to be giving their honest thoughts on the show, and they didn't most of this episode. And because I recognize that I can be a fanboy about the show, it makes me wonder if I'm seeing the show through too rose-tinted an eye. So I want to watch it again to see what I think with that in mind.

It easily could be that I like it just as much the second time through, there's certainly times when I've broken with the critics I pay attention, but maybe not.

There's a few about, aye.

"A girl is not ready to be a faceless man, a girl is ready to something else", you understand by this, the show is ready to ruin Arya's adventure in the house of black and white?

I wouldn't call Cat of the Canals or Beth ruining her adventure.

Arya's adventure in the house of black and white is something I won't be upset to part with.

Well, I gave it an 8 and I wasnt a fan of the Dornish scenes.

That being said, the episode was so filled with great little moments, that it outweights the bad, so I can justify my 8 :

Pros :

- Game of Faces - both scenes were great.

- Arya giving the Gift of Death was beautifuly done as well.

- Tyrion / Jorah discussing Jeor.

- Tyrion skepticism about Dany and Jorah's blind faith contrast.

- Tyrion's tongue to get them (and himself) out of trouble and that "cock merchant" line (AAA was brillant !)

- Olenna's first punchline of the season as she comes back.

- Littlefinger / Lancel meeting. Nice set-up.

- Littlefinger playing Cersei like a harp.

- Olenna and Cersei dialogue.

- Finn Jones getting to act finally and the inquisition scene ! (Though I wonder if Margaery will only fall for lying to the Gods or if it will go further).

- Alfie Allen.

- The beautiful scenery of the wedding, and the music ! Ramin Djawadi delivers !

- The focus on Reek's face during the wedding consomation.

- "That explains the Golden hand !"

- The Dornishman's Wife !

- Areo Hotah was impressive !

- "She got pregnant. That was boring." Hehehe, I see what you did there !

- A subtle one but : Autumn in Dorne. I know people expect a full-sunny landscape there, but it's Autumn, remember !

Cons :

- Jaime / Bronn vs Sand Snakes.

- Only a glimpse of Doran.

- No Sand Snakes getting a little bit more fleshed-out, though that may (and will) come.

- Would have liked a little bit more exposition during the Hall of Faces scene.

- I know the blizzard is coming next week, but not enough snow at Winterfell.

So, yeah, all in all, I stick to my 8/10.

Well said.

@JohnSmith so you keep watching because why?

So I can come on hear and scream how f'ing shit it is, I was fastfowarding it although I felt some how I needed to watch this episode. It actually had me laughing throughout. It was like watching Sinbad, Atlantis, Hercules or Merlin. Because there are child actors that is the represented demographic for this show. Quick put in some tits just to bump that rating up. Somebody should sue for this shit. What am paying for this shit for, I have on demand a TV license and almost every other subscribed sky channel. This shit was worse then Fortitude, HBO pulled the plug on that. It is f'ing disney with tits.

There was nothing in this episode nothing at all, zero, nadda, zilch, nothing every sceen was ridiculously absurd

Edited by Johnsmith

What I like:

- Every scene with Arya. Only, I hoped Meryn Trant would be there by now. The chamber of faces is quite cool, however.

- The arrest of Margaery.

- Though many of you say that the fight scene in the Water garden is bad, I don't pay too much attention on the actor's performances. I like all action scenes in Game of Thrones.

What I don't like:

- Sansa escaped from KL and Joffrey only to be raped by someone even worse. It would make sense if someone give Sansa a rape in the Winds of Winter.

- No Arrianne Martell. Instead they merged her character with that Ellaria slut.

- Not any Targaryen duet in this episode (Dany and Jon Snow).

You only feel a need to reevaluate when you read unfavourable critics? You do not have your opinion? You are waiting for someone else to shape it?

Edited by Modesty Lannister