[Poll] How would you rate episode 506

How would you rate episode 506?  

769 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I gave it a 3

This episode confirms for me my theory that Sansa will reign as the ultimate ruler, maybe even elected. (personally i feel the endgame is a transition to democracy) I think the show runners use her suffering as a way of catering to the lowest common denominator. The show was starting to lose me at the end of last season and so far this season is leaving a lot wanting. The sand snakes are corny. Kings landing has the most text to pull from so it at least has direction and arya's journey is going along as expected.

Side note, I also think we are being set up for a shireen sacrifice to save jon

Edited by Cer Tarl

You only feel a need to reevaluate when you read unfavourable critics? You do not have your opinion? You are waiting for someone else to shape it?

Pointlessly insulting, block time.

Before I do that though, I'll say this: Of course I have an opinion. But like any intelligent person, when that opinion conflicts with opinions from people I trust, I find it useful to determine whether I think my first impression was wrong or whether I think they are wrong. Sticking with your gut at all times is no way for your tastes to grow and mature; its important to recognize when maybe you still have more to learn about something.

ETA: And of course it goes the other way too; when I dislike something that critics I trust rave about. And also of course just because I reevaluate doesn't mean I'll necessarily change my opinion. For instance, I will never understand the appeal of cringe-humor shows like The Office, no matter how lauded they were/are.

Edited by Fez

9/10

Best episode of the season for me. Lots of shit hitting lots of fans all at once, lots of plot movement and development.

Highlight for me was Littlefinger in King's Landing. I can't even believe I'm saying that, as I am a pretty big Aiden Gillen non-fan, but his lines were awesome, in both the Lancel and Cersei conversations. Dorne is so weak, but at least something happened.

I was rooting for Sansa's V-Card, and the ending was pretty hard to watch. That's not the Red Bedding I was hoping for...

Gave it a 5. Dorne has been a complete disaster. Jaime and Bronn have become bumbling fools this season. The Sand Snakes suck. Arya was the only good part of the episode, although the intensity and detail of her training has been non-existent. Tyrion's way of getting out of death last night was stupid. The trial with the high sparrow was okay.

Poor Sansa. Did we just see the oldest daughter of Eddard Stark get raped? Whatever. I guess it will make the payoff that much better. Maybe.

Kills me that there are only 4 episodes left. I don't even feel like the season began yet. Most episodes have been so empty. And the last 2 books were excellent so don't give me that "Feast and Dance were full of nothing anyway" garbage. Yes, they were aftermath books that dealt with the events that took place in the first three books but they were still great reads and will be a great setup for book 6. This season is not setting anything up nor is it properly compelling.

Why did I give it a 5?

Edited by A Redeemed Hound

Pointlessly insulting, block time.

Before I do that though, I'll say this: Of course I have an opinion. But like any intelligent person, when that opinion conflicts with opinions from people I trust, I find it useful to determine whether I think my first impression was wrong or whether I think they are wrong. Sticking with your gut at all times is no way for your tastes to grow and mature; its important to recognize when maybe you still have more to learn about something.

ETA: And of course it goes the other way too; when I dislike something that critics I trust rave about. And also of course just because I reevaluate doesn't mean I'll necessarily change my opinion. For instance, I will never understand the appeal of cringe-humor shows like The Office, no matter how lauded they were/are.

Asking questions is not insulting. I am genuinely shocked by your initial statement.

Wow... Imagine how many more people would have voted 1 if Theon had been ordered to do what he did in the books.

Arya - loved the face vault, and the fact that they actually crafted hundreds of faces for that one scene... Fantastic. He rest is pretty much OK

Jorah and Tyrion - Interesting discussion about Dani and whether she is fit to rule. Jorah's acting when he learns about his father was great. Mr. Ecko enslaving them was... OK

Dorne - utter garbage, from the love banter to the Sand Snake clone army battle (although at least we didn't get any Wu Shu spear fighting, it was more realistic). The only good thing that came out of it was Bronn introducing The Dornishman's Wife to the show.

KL - It's nice to have the Thorn back in Cersei's ass and their banter, but the rest is pretty meh. Although now we begin to glimpse LF's strategy. Let Stannis and Roose duke it out, hoping that Stannis will prevail, then alongside the Vale and Riverlands (which have completely disappeared from the show) overthrow the Lannisters.

Sansa - Mehranda should be Miranda's new name. The wedding was fairly well done, the bedding as well. I was sure they would go full-on Jeyne with Sansa and they're getting there. The rape was disturbing in a good way, creating an uncomfortable atmosphere and then focusing in on Theon while it was proceding. It warms my heart that they cut so much good stuff from the books, but they left the rapes just as they were. Thanks, D&D. Rolled a solid 20 there.

I gave the episode a 7, because why not? 7 is the definition of mediocre, which is what most of this episode averaged out to.

9/10

Best episode of the season for me. Lots of shit hitting lots of fans all at once, lots of plot movement and development.

Highlight for me was Littlefinger in King's Landing. I can't even believe I'm saying that, as I am a pretty big Aiden Gillen non-fan, but his lines were awesome, in both the Lancel and Cersei conversations. Dorne is so weak, but at least something happened.

I was rooting for Sansa's V-Card, and the ending was pretty hard to watch. That's not the Red Bedding I was hoping for...

The way he delivered his lines in that scene with Cersei was gold. You can never tell what is actually going through Littlefinger's mind at any time. Even up until now we really don't know what his end game ambition.

I voted 1 and I would like to stress that without the Winterfell plot (which, to be honest, I had completely forgotten would happen), it would have been a 2.

Not a book reader, btw. Well, not these books, I do read!

Do yourself a favor, read the books. They are amazing. They will ruin the show for you but it is worth it.

What is the average rating if we eliminate those 85 votes? I figure that is a better indication of the merits of the episode.

That's 20% of the vote FFS. It's perfectly representative of what the people of this forum think of this episode.

For what it's worth, over 43% have rated it 5 or below.

I wouldn't call Cat of the Canals or Beth ruining her adventure.

Then what would be her adventure? Some cheap shots invented by some TV writers who I never heard of? And the TV show not even bother telling us what the house of white and black and the God of many faces are about, if you never read the book, you would think them are just some "cool" organization of professional killers for hire

What is the average rating if we eliminate those 85 votes? I figure that is a better indication of the merits of the episode.

It's a simple calculation. You should be able to do it yourself. But still, it's a bad idea to try to form an opinion ignoring one side of the argument. It's also a bad idea to interpret the ratings of this (or any) forum as an indication of the merits of an episode. This is just a popularity contest, nothing else.

The individual votes have no meaning. Some people would rate a disappointing episode with a 1, others with a 4, and others with a 7. It doesn't matter. The only figure that has some validity is the average, and that's only if people keeps voting and votes consistenly.

Edited by The hairy bear

Sand Snakes

Actually the sand snake problem was only because they were extremely overhyped killing machines.

In the end the could not even handle a dude without a hand.

I would blame the weird shoes, but I just noted Oberyn wore them too yet his movement was awesome. You could actually see Tyene slow because she did not want to trip. Her daggers were tiny so Bronn could kill her at many instants.

Why is a simple whip a weapon? A blade studded whip or atleast 2 whips. Bronn stamped the whiptail and suddenly she is powerless?

Obara..cmon. I expected her to have Jamie on the floor coz cmon he couldnt take one dumb dornish soldier.

Anyway.. All this scrutiny could have been avoided if they were not presented as deadly Oberyns.

Edited by robasp2