[Poll] How would you rate episode 506

How would you rate episode 506?  

769 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

It's a simple calculation. You should be able to do it yourself. But still, it's a bad idea to interpret the ratings of this (or any) forum as an indication of the merits of an episode. This is just a popularity contest, nothing else.

The individual votes have no meaning. Some people would rate a disappointing episode with a 1, others with a 4, and others with a 7. It doesn't matter. The only figure that has some validity is the average, and that's only if people keeps voting and votes consistenly.

The interesting question (okay, the question I cannot get over - it might be uninteresting to everybody else) is WHY people found this episode so much more disappointing?

Edited by RhaenysBalerion

The interesting question (okay, the question I cannot get over - it might be uninteresting to everybody else) is WHY people found this episode so much more disappointing?

The answer to that question is presented on this thread in detail since many people did explain why they voted the way they did. I understand you want to reemphasise you were not disappointed. But, that has nothing to do with your insistence that other people are odd for being disappointed.

Edited by Modesty Lannister

"Women victimization". Though it is a horrible thing in real life, a mad physco who got his hands on a woman in a fictional story is something we must all not violently shout about.

Moderator said we are "enjoying" the scene. I have no idea where he got that conclusion.

That's 20% of the vote FFS. It's perfectly representative of what the people of this forum think of this episode.

For what it's worth, over 43% have rated it 5 or below.

There is no frigging way it's 20% of the vote, are you serious? The episode has a 8.9 on IMDB and all my friends say it was the best episode of the season :hat:

It's someone trolling by making new accounts with which to vote 1, I bet. Probably because the Dorne scenes bombed or because they disagree with what happened to Sansa. Talk about wasting time on pointless exercises. Lame and stupid. Stupid and lame. If we consider most of the 1/10's trollvotes, its only about 25% 5 and below, which is in line with all the other episodes of the season. Makes sense? You decide ;)

I give it 8/10. Arya scenes in the House of B&W were the best thing so far this season. RamSan wedding is great. Littlefinger is a sneaky little bee. Jorah + Tyrion = TORAH!

It would be 9 if you removed the Dorne parts and 10 if in addition the Olenna/Cersei dialogue was a bit better scripted. I felt it was lacking in comparison to Olenna's earlier scenes. Also goddamn Tommen is such a little pusscake

Edited by midi

It's shallow to assume people give 1 out of 10 because of Sansa's rape scene.

Sure it added to it, but it was basically part of the books in a way. (Only it wasn't Sansa).

It is just the overall execution of the scenes and characters (pun intended)

It felt overall short. Short and uneventful. Dragged some few scenes to add up to 50 minutes. Nothing really happened. Sons of the Harpy was pretty good. Or Oathkeeper last season. So much happened there, but here - nothing.

When the scene went to black I jokingly thought they'd end it there. And they actually did. What the hell. There needed to be more and less in the episode. Less dragging of scenes and snippets of scenes that take away time, and add more scenes instead. Scenes with meaningful dialogue and plot.

There's some five hundred posts so far in the discussion thread pondering abut that! :P

I guess that for most people it's a combination of:

• The culmination of the absurdity of Sansa being in Winterfell, alone and willingly. The character has been shoehorned in someone else's plot, and in this episode it was noticed a lot.

The culmination of the absurdity of Jaime attempting to rescue Myrcella with a single sellsword and no plan.

The terrible acting of the Sand Snakes.

The impossible coincidence that the Sand Snakes and Jaime attempt to kidnap Myrcella at the same time.

The fight with the Sand Snakes itself, which is one of the weakest action scene of the show so far.

The discomfort over the rape scene.

The revelation of yet another level of Littlefingers re-counter-betrayals.

The abundant plot holes: Cersei urgently summons Littlefinger but then ingnores him and he does the talking, Jorah touching Tyion, Olyver betraying Loras without any apparent reason, ...

From a dude/lady with 30 posts . . calling us, "trolls." :bs:

Well if the shoe fits. Will you wear it? I can`t really see how having been long at trolling makes it any better if that is what you are implying. I was saying this forum seems to have a disproportionate amount of negativity with what is currently the best loved show ever.

I love the books, and this show. Many, many people all over the world love this show, so it puzzles me that this site, that I would imagine was a fansite is so full of vitriol.

The answer to that question is presented on this thread in detail since many people did explain why they voted the way they did. I understand you want to reemphasise you were not disappointed. But, that has nothing to do with your insistence that other people are odd for being disappointed.

In that case, you do not understand well. I cannot reemphasise that I wasn't disappointed when I myself explained in a post why I was disappointed. And I never said anything about anybody being odd, so please stop making guesses about what I think or don't think, if that's possible. Thank you :)

Sand Snakes

Actually the sand snake problem was only because they were extremely overhyped killing machines.

In the end the could not even handle a dude without a hand.

I would blame the weird shoes, but I just noted Oberyn wore them too yet his movement was awesome. You could actually see Tyene slow because she did not want to trip. Her daggers were tiny so Bronn could kill her at many instants.

Why is a simple whip a weapon? A blade studded whip or atleast 2 whips. Bronn stamped the whiptail and suddenly she is powerless?

Obara..cmon. I expected her to have Jamie on the floor coz cmon he couldnt take one dumb dornish soldier.

Anyway.. All this scrutiny could have been avoided if they were not presented as deadly Oberyns.

Did you see their faces watch as Bronns mouth gaping open, gawking, watch as he does a tipe rope arms flailling. Jamies mouth didn't close throughout the fight, meanwhile the snakes are female tennis players why are they grunting and moaning about. Then Tyene hisses as she is captured. It was f'ing stupid

The whole setting was a joke. The place is like the hanging gardens of babylon, VIP only. It is not a city for people to wander in and out of unguarded. Open to the outside here have a wander through these royal gardens please get your free ticket first. The same gardens out fo Kingslanding. However they shoud have contained the nobility of Dorne's children a paradise protected by Doran himself. Guarded by his praetorian led By Areo Hotah. Nobody is gonna come riding in there, nobody is gonna start a fight in royal grounds without a war first. If Mycella recognised Jamie in disguise so would have any guards on the gate. Definitely not some dingy grassland villa that is the middle of a famer's field. Than the soldiers who weren't guarding nothing finally show up when their prince could be dead.

Timed coincidentally with another group of misadventurers. Bullshit

Edited by Johnsmith

There's some five hundred posts so far in the discussion thread pondering abut that! :P

I guess that for most people it's a combination of:

• The culmination of the absurdity of Sansa being in Winterfell, alone and willingly. The character has been shoehorned in someone else's plot, and in this episode it was noticed a lot.

The culmination of the absurdity of Jaime attempting to rescue Myrcella with a single sellsword and no plan.

The terrible acting of the Sand Snakes.

The impossible coincidence that the Sand Snakes and Jaime attempt to kidnap Myrcella at the same time.

The fight with the Sand Snakes itself, which is one of the weakest action scene of the show so far.

The discomfort over the rape scene.

The revelation of yet another level of Littlefingers re-counter-betrayals.

The abundant plot holes: Cersei urgently summons Littlefinger but then ingnores him and he does the talking, Jorah touching Tyion, Olyver betraying Loras without any apparent reason, ...

Yeah, I can actually agree with most of that. But then, I guess it comes down what you said. That boring and inconsistent episodes are between 4-6 to me, while they might be 1 to other people.

There is no frigging way it's 20% of the vote, are you serious? The episode has a 8.9 on IMDB and all my friends say it was the best episode of the season :hat:

It's someone trolling by making new accounts with which to vote 1, I bet. Probably because the Dorne scenes bombed or because they disagree with what happened to Sansa. Talk about wasting time on pointless exercises. Lame and stupid. Stupid and lame. If we consider most of the ones trollvotes, its only a bit over 20% 5 and below, which is in line with all the other episodes of the season. Makes sense? You decide ;)

There are plenty of different people justifying their opinions in this thread and in the discussion one. Many of them (including myself) have over a thousand posts, and have been in this forums for years. Before throwing away such grave accusations, perhaps you could stop a minute and analyze if what you are saying has any sense.

Seriously: your friends? IMDB? (where it's still the lowest rated of the season.)

You can agree or not, but it shouldn't be that hard to accept that there are people with different tastes than yours.

Edited by The hairy bear

The Sand Snakes were AWESOME!!!!

10/10

Agreed,

I just love Obara. There fighting skills may not be as

lethal and badass as fandom was counting on,

but what I enjoy is they are fearless and willing to fight and die to avenge "the finest Dorne

had to offfer", their father.

Juxtaposed against "Doran the constipated", the Sand snakes are a treat.

Whether they are mythical fighting machines or not, It's that fearless spirit I enjoy.

Also wondering how many husbands Sansa is going to run through now?

I don't see her being done at Ramsay, she may become Marge 2.0 yet.

Its not that I take their opinions above my own or that I'm always influenced by a mass collective called "the critics." Its that there's a specific list of critics whose opinions I often agree with and who I trust to be giving their honest thoughts on the show, and they didn't most of this episode. And because I recognize that I can be a fanboy about the show, it makes me wonder if I'm seeing the show through too rose-tinted an eye. So I want to watch it again to see what I think with that in mind.

It easily could be that I like it just as much the second time through, there's certainly times when I've broken with the critics I pay attention, but maybe not.

People are different. I can respect someone and respect their opinion but still disagree with it.

If you liked the episode but others did not, that doesn't mean your opinion is wrong. An opinion is an opinion and there is no right or wrong answer.

Well if the shoe fits. Will you wear it? I can`t really see how having been long at trolling makes it any better if that is what you are implying. I was saying this forum seems to have a disproportionate amount of negativity with what is currently the best loved show ever.

I love the books, and this show. Many, many people all over the world love this show, so it puzzles me that this site, that I would imagine was a fansite is so full of vitriol.

Many many many more people all round the world love Michael Bay movies too. Appeals to popularity as an excuse for lack of consistent story telling or character development or plot coherence or even basic common sense doesn't cut it with me. Note that up until this season I had mainy positive views on the show, and I suspect many of the 'haters' posting on here are the same. This episode degenerated from merely bad to downright embarassing. The atrociously choreographed fight scene marking a new low.

A really bad episode. Jaime's absolutely unbelievable plot to rescue Myrcella with a single Sellsword, is made even worse by the cartoonish Sand Snakes who arrive at the same time!!! The rest of the episode is hardly better, even though Peter Dinklage, Ian Glenn and Alfie Allen do some good acting.

9/10

That was some powerful television at the end. I'm shocked they took it as far as they did. I expected Theon to step in before the bedding.

But there was some other stuff there which I really liked, the Jorah / Tyrion exchange was great.

Great to see Oleanna back and the KL stuff was good.

Littlefinger's scheme is making a bit more sense now.

I agree the Dorne part wasn't great...

Edited by RedShirt47

The snakes second only to cock magic. A slaver ship raiding, slaving the indegenous population of stonemen. Looking for magical dwarf cock to shaft in the salt mines. Do they crystalise it, pehaps grinding it into a shaker first?

Hey see that galley over there quick hide, no help, they are ashore upon us just like that.

Although more coincidnece timed perfectly for that free taxi. Slavers are so dumb they will listen to whatever is said even smiling and joking.

Edited by Johnsmith