[Poll] How would you rate episode 506

How would you rate episode 506?  

769 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

The snakes second only to cock magic. A slaver ship raiding, slaving the indegenous population of stonemen. Looking for magical dwarf cock to shaft in the salt mines. Do they crystalise it, pehaps grinding it into a shaker first?

Hey see that galley over there quick hide, no help, they are ashore upon us just like that.

Although more coincidnece timed perfectly for that free taxi. Slavers are so dumb they will listen to whatever is said even smiling and joking.

They were already ashore. But the galley didnt have to be thaaat far to make it beleivable

Tyrion made very valid points. Anyone would listen to his logic.

But I didnt like that slavers bought Jorah shit without even seeing him fight

Edited by robasp2

They were already ashore. But the galley didnt have to be thaaat far to make it beleivable

Tyrion made very valid points. Anyone would listen to his logic.

But I didnt like that slavers bought Jorah shit without even seeing him fightT

They had captured nobody else. They had no other slaves. Curiously what was going on in that sceen. They were on a mountain, cliff the setting was piss poor. Anybody should have noticed upon elevation the slavers as they arrived on foot. Curiously how far can a dwarf waddle in a day?

The points that Tyrion raised were equally as dumb. How would any buyer know what a merchant is selling, is it a case of try before you buy. Not all sales are conducted that way, or no merchant would sell anything. Unless it is that type of sushi bar upon selecting your live fish. Yes Ill take that dwarf quick hand me the cleaver. WTF. Bring the Dwarf's head both of them

Agreed slaves are worth nothing, but you are gonna find that slavers will validate any supposed claims before going out of their way.

Edited by Johnsmith

I think without question this episode was the worst ever.

a) It was slow and boring, even the scenes from the House of Black and White are slow and more entertaining in the novels.

b) Even though it makes me seem like a book snob, the butterfly effect has just gotten out of control. You can omit things but still stay very close to the main story. The Jeyne Poole story could have been easily thrown in while Sansa stayed at the Vale, (just pick one of LF's hookers and ship her north, would take 5 minutes of one episode and 5 in another).

c) The rape scene, and I don't think its debatable, was just awful. And I usually love the abnormal amount of violence in the show. I hated Sansa's POV in the books, but it just seemed like it was for shock value as many other have said, and unnecessary. Should have been Jeyne. The whole thing was written poorly.

d) DORNE. I don't think I even need to say anything. Just the dumbest story line so far in the show, completely useless. Even if book 6 has Jamie or someone trying to "rescue" Myrcella from the Water Gardens (I doubt it will), the fight scene would be better in my imagination.

e) The writers should have and could have incorporated Younf Griff into the show somehow. I feel like its important, it could have been totally different from the books in the way that Tyrion comes into contact with them, but it would have been a better way to incorporate Dorne in the strory IMO.

This season has been pretty bad, especially compared to last season which had 3 or 4 epic episodes at the end. By far the worst season so far.

I think it's the Sansa rape scene that's getting people's hackles up. People aren't criticising the episode except on emotional terms.

Seriously? Have you even read anybody's review?

10/10 Another fantastic episode. I must say I was shocked to see the unusually low votes. I know this site tends to have a vitriolic attitute towards things that stray from the books, but that is a given now so far into the show.

I must review more of this thread to find out what could possibly cause som many people to rate this episode low, even a 1.... I mean this is the best TV show ever imo. Based on my favourite book series. I am starting to believe this site is inhabited mostly by trolls.

Complete objectivity fail

There's some five hundred posts so far in the discussion thread pondering abut that! :P

I guess that for most people it's a combination of:

• The culmination of the absurdity of Sansa being in Winterfell, alone and willingly. The character has been shoehorned in someone else's plot, and in this episode it was noticed a lot.

The culmination of the absurdity of Jaime attempting to rescue Myrcella with a single sellsword and no plan.

The terrible acting of the Sand Snakes.

The impossible coincidence that the Sand Snakes and Jaime attempt to kidnap Myrcella at the same time.

The fight with the Sand Snakes itself, which is one of the weakest action scene of the show so far.

The discomfort over the rape scene.

The revelation of yet another level of Littlefingers re-counter-betrayals.

The abundant plot holes: Cersei urgently summons Littlefinger but then ingnores him and he does the talking, Jorah touching Tyion, Olyver betraying Loras without any apparent reason, ...

I think this posting pretty much sums it up

Seriously? Have you even read anybody's review?

I wasn't even bothered by Sansa's sex scene (expected worse, honestly), but still thought this was easily the weakest episode of the season for butchering the Sand Snake attack/Myrcella rescue plot and the Loras trial. It's ridiculous that multiple hostile parties can just walk into the Water Gardens and get that close to the prince and princess, and even more ridiculous that a rabble of barefoot men with pitchforks can apparently take over the capitol and snag the queen as the kingsguard and Lannister/Tyrell garrisons watch and do nothing.

I am having a terrible time rating this episode! I know you all gathered round just for my opinion :-) but I find myself hovering over moments I liked (when Tyrion told Jorah how his dad died - master acting there from both) against chunks of time that were beyond stupid. Dorne <-STUPID. Sand Snakes - BEYOND STUPID. Jaime and Bronn - did they even have a plan? Finally, Sansa and the wedding. Sansa is a Stark. I love the Starks, all of them, including Jon. She did not deserve this. And while I was watching Theon's face, a single tear rolled down my own. Really fine acting from AA.

So there are moments that really moved me versus chunks of time that bored me. I actually looked away from the television during the Sand Snakes attack with Bronn and Jaime, it was cringe-worthy. I am going with a 6.

Edited by lakin1013

I think without question this episode was the worst ever.

a) It was slow and boring, even the scenes from the House of Black and White are slow and more entertaining in the novels.

B) Even though it makes me seem like a book snob, the butterfly effect has just gotten out of control. You can omit things but still stay very close to the main story. The Jeyne Poole story could have been easily thrown in while Sansa stayed at the Vale, (just pick one of LF's hookers and ship her north, would take 5 minutes of one episode and 5 in another).

c) The rape scene, and I don't think its debatable, was just awful. And I usually love the abnormal amount of violence in the show. I hated Sansa's POV in the books, but it just seemed like it was for shock value as many other have said, and unnecessary. Should have been Jeyne. The whole thing was written poorly.

d) DORNE. I don't think I even need to say anything. Just the dumbest story line so far in the show, completely useless. Even if book 6 has Jamie or someone trying to "rescue" Myrcella from the Water Gardens (I doubt it will), the fight scene would be better in my imagination.

e) The writers should have and could have incorporated Younf Griff into the show somehow. I feel like its important, it could have been totally different from the books in the way that Tyrion comes into contact with them, but it would have been a better way to incorporate Dorne in the strory IMO.

This season has been pretty bad, especially compared to last season which had 3 or 4 epic episodes at the end. By far the worst season so far.

I totally agree with you. This season is a big failure in my eyes. And this episode is just no comment... mainly Dorne. I mean Jaime and Bronn without any plans just enter the city go straigh to the garden and BOOm, there is Myrcella. Not to mention the timing with Sand Snakes. And the fight scene... wow God, that was awful, worst fight scene by far in the show.

Edited by Lockdown

They had captured nobody else. They had no other slaves. Curiously what was going on in that sceen. They were on a mountain, cliff the setting was piss poor. Anybody should have noticed upon elevation the slavers as they arrived on foot. Curiously how far can a dwarf waddle in a day?

The points that Tyrion raised were equally as dumb. How would any buyer know what a merchant is selling, is it a case of try before you buy. Not all sales are conducted that way, or no merchant would sell anything. Unless it is that type of sushi bar upon selecting your live fish. Yes Ill take that dwarf quick hand me the cleaver. WTF. Bring the Dwarf's head both of them

Agreed slaves are worth nothing, but you are gonna find that slavers will validate any supposed claims before going out of their way.

English isnt my first language so I have no frikkinidea what you are saying.

How is Tyrions point not valid? Apparently a dwarf is useless but a drwaf cock is very expensive.

How will they prove its a dwarf cock? Completely logical they had to let him live.

Their greed is bigger than thinking not to trust a random dude.

Edited by robasp2

B) Even though it makes me seem like a book snob, the butterfly effect has just gotten out of control. You can omit things but still stay very close to the main story. The Jeyne Poole story could have been easily thrown in while Sansa stayed at the Vale, (just pick one of LF's hookers and ship her north, would take 5 minutes of one episode and 5 in another).

But that would have meant creating a whole new storyline for Sansa in the Vale, and there wasn't time for that. I don't think you understand how hard it is to edit an epic like ASOIAF into a coherent TV show. I think they've done a fantastic job with the Sansa storyline, successfully streamlining it by merging it with the Winterfell storyline, without having to add even more minor characters like Harry the Heir, Farya and Manderly. The only mistake they made was to include Myranda (god knows why they did that).

Gave it a 2. I just, I kind of lost fate in this whole show thing. Have been for this season but the Winterfell scenes were the last straw.

Okay so:

Dorne- bad. Bad bad bad. I like the look of the Water Gardens, not what I had pictured but lovely nonetheless. I liked Doran and Areo, I liked the Dornishman's Wife. All of that didn't help the nonsensical plot this episode, the bad acting (wth sand snakes ??) the boring fight scene and just ugh I wish we had Arianne, wish they hadn't messed Ellaria up completely, wish Trystane and Myrcella weren't flat stereotypical teenage characters.

House of Black and White- looked lovely. Amazing graphics. I liked the faces, in my had it was way smaller but this was more creepy. Didn't really like Arya, she was kind of whiny and the whole lying thing didn't make much sense to me.

Jorah&Tyrion- Good. Fine. Jorah's reaction to his fathers death was very well done. Tyrion was funny.

King's Landing- I liked watching it. In hindsight I'm a little disappointed by the whole 'trial' thing, Margaery arrested on this vague notion, the birth mark thing?? Could have easily made some excuse or something. And what in the world is Tommen doing, this whole aeging up thing was a horrible idea. He's now not a sweet child, but some weak teenage boy, meaning he's much much less sympathic. Queen of Thorns was great, I liked Lena's acting as well and Loras was good.

Winterfell- yeah. Well. The big problem here. It made me so upset I left the room. I gotta be clear: it's not the rape per se that disgusts me so much. It can be well written into a storyline, and even though I'd still hate watching it it wouldn't be a bad thing for the show. I don't hate the acting either, I think all were brilliant. For what it's worth, I'm glad there were no dogs and we did not have to see it.

But what upsets me so much is just that it doesn't make sense to me at all, plot wise. What's the point of making Sansa suffer? What's the point of making Theon suffer? Both have deeply shitty lives. Sansa was finally, finally getting some sort of agency. A start. A chance. And now they've made her go through a horrible event that puts her back in square one: victim. I don't even get why she's in Winterfell at all. Also the fact that they've been planning this rape scene for, like, years?? And they waited until Sophie turned eighteen so they could do it?? It sickens me. To me it seems purely for shock value, painful and worthless to the story or the character.

In hindsight I might've given it a 3 or 4 but the overall impression the episode left on me is absolutely horrible and I'm now just desperately waiting for winds of winter, I suppose..

English isnt my first language so I have no frikkinidea what you are saying.

How is Tyrions point not valid? Apparently a dwarf is useless but a drwaf cock is very expensive.

How will they prove its a dwarf cock? Completely logical they had to let him live.

Their greed is bigger than thinking not to trust a random dude.

Okay in really clear English.

They would have cut off the Dwarf's head and his cock proving where the cock had come from.

He would have ordered his armed men to test Jorah's fighting prowess, not listen to bullshit from every slave captured

How far can a dwarf walk in day

Why when they are upon elevation looking out across a bay from a cliff can they not also be aware of their surroundings, these slavers were on foot.

Why was there no other slaves, why was that ship in the middle of nowhere. The only population nearby were stonemen within walking distance.

Edited by Johnsmith

But that would have meant creating a whole new storyline for Sansa in the Vale, and there wasn't time for that. I don't think you understand how hard it is to edit an epic like ASOIAF into a coherent TV show. I think they've done a fantastic job with the Sansa storyline, successfully streamlining it by merging it with the Winterfell storyline, without having to add even more minor characters like Harry the Heir, Farya and Manderly. The only mistake they made was to include Myranda (god knows why they did that).

Not really. You can condense things and have made the Sansa story minimal (which it becomes anyway at this point in the story). Instead, as one AngryGOTfan put it: "The writers, 2 grown men, waited for the actress to come of age, and then had her raped." The entire thing was for shock value. It adds nothing to the story, and makes zero sense. Why would the Boltons who already have iron-clad control of the North, through their alliance with the Lannisters, care about Sansa? They already have Winterfell!!! And if anything, all it would do is piss of Cersei and the Lannister/Baratheon king, no? Sansa is still wanted for murder! The marriage doesn't strengthen anything it weakens their position if Cersei or the Lannisters find out. And that is just one thing wrong with it.

How so? I liked the episode. Are you saying there is some sort of objective reason I cannot?

No, I'm saying that blanket statements such as 'The best TV show ever' and calling everybody who gave this episode a low rating a troll is a complete objectivity fail.