[Poll] How would you rate episode 506

How would you rate episode 506?  

769 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I am a huge fan of the show and think it's done an excellent job of making this story accessible and entertaining.

That said, this was THE WORST episode of the series.

1) Dorne sucks. It's awful. Jaime and Bronn in costume was straight out of some awful Disney live action film. No one cares about Myrcella and Trystane, and the Sand snakes are just embarassing.

2) The show lost a great opportunity to have an awesome scene with the Queen of Throrns and Cersei. It was just okay, when it could have been awesome.

That said, I thought the Sansa bedding scene was handled appropriately, and everyone on this forum b***hing about it seems to forget that this show is depicting feudal times when women were treated like chattel, and sorry to say, that included very young girls. It sucks, but it's realistic.

Once again a solid Five of Ten.

Littlefinger is laughable

Kings Landing is a farce.

Dorn is a snore.

The Imp is still limp.

The Girl was interesting and truly ready to be someone.

Winterfell continues to carry the season.

I find it hard to believe that we have seen six of ten shows for the entire year, and with all of their free rein to "create", this season so far is no better than an average TV show...meh. Hardly the viewing event of the first few seasons.

I guess to me it was kind of an average episode.

THE scene with the most discussion about to me was not as horrible as for many others, but in combination with other scences Sansa seems to simply jump between different personalties too much. I expected either a Sansa comparable to her first wedding night, who kind of is aware of her duty and ready to get it over with or a Sansa more from last episode being a somewhat stronger personality and maybe a bit more in control (I actually expected some Margaery-Joffrey kind of vibe), but the latter would have made the scene probably even more horrible to watch.

i guess it just seems a little weird to me that she seems actually more overwhelmed and intimidated now than she was in her wedding night with Tyrion.

I feel like Sansa went into the room fairly poised but it hadn't really clicked and set in what she was truly in for until she was in the room with Ramsay discussing it prior. This could make it seem like 2 different personalities so to speak when the surprise of reality didn't match her expectations so she wasn't completely prepared to deal with it in this newer way. It's not exactly linear character progression, but I don't think it negates anything either and is fairly realistic.

Not really. You can condense things and have made the Sansa story minimal (which it becomes anyway at this point in the story).

But they would have to include the Harry the Heir storyline, including bits from TWOW. Sansa's whole storyline involves LF marrying her off to gain power, so I don't see why it can't be to Ramsay instead of Harry the Heir. Like I said it's just a case of streamlining.

Instead, as one AngryGOTfan put it: "The writers, 2 grown men, waited for the actress to come of age, and then had her raped." The entire thing was for shock value. It adds nothing to the story, and makes zero sense.

Life for women in Westeros involves being married off to men against your will and in cases raped. It's what happened to Cersei and countless other women. Just because Sansa started off as a child actor doesn't mean it's not a valid plot point.

Why would the Boltons who already have iron-clad control of the North, through their alliance with the Lannisters, care about Sansa? They already have Winterfell!!!

Didn't you read the books? They need Ramsay to marry a Stark to keep their hold on the North. In the books it was Arya (or fake Arya), but in the show it was Sansa. It's a straightforward merging of the Winterfell and Sansa/Harry the Heir storylines, and one that saves a massive amount of screentime.

Why does everybody hate the Dorne story line? Besides the Bad Sand Snakes acting, it makes sense with the death of Oberyn and why Jamie wants to go there.. The fight was not great, but not terrible. It was just shot poorly. It would be better if they separated, with the 2 vs Bronn, while Jamie fought Obara in another place in different scenes.

And the Sansa thing.....what did you expect? Sansa and Ramsay live happily ever after? Sansa to kill Ramsay(that destroys the whole point why she came on Littlefinger's plans), Sansa to enjoy it? Sansa to say no, and Ramsay to accept it? Common this is Ramsay.

But they would have to include the Harry the Heir storyline, including bits from TWOW. Sansa's whole storyline involves LF marrying her off to gain power, so I don't see why it can't be to Ramsay instead of Harry the Heir. Like I said it's just a case of streamlining.

Life for women in Westeros involves being married off to men against your will and in cases raped. It's what happened to Cersei and countless other women. Just because Sansa started off as a child actor doesn't mean it's not a valid plot point.

Didn't you read the books? They need Ramsay to marry a Stark to keep their hold on the North. In the books it was Arya (or fake Arya), but in the show it was Sansa. It's a straightforward merging of the Winterfell and Sansa/Harry the Heir storylines, and one that saves a massive amount of screentime.

OK even if we forget about the controversy about the rape, fake Arya is not a fugitive because of the murder of Joffrey. Which is why the Jeyne Poole/Fake Arya thing would have been cool. I haven't read ADWD in 2 years so I don't remember all the details. Besides that, the episode was slow, boring. Margery is taken when she is not suspecting it in the books which would make a lot more sense than in front of the Kingsguard that is sworn to protect her. Is Tommen that much of a p****Y that he wouldn't tell his boys to cut down a bunch of anorexic robe men when they grabbed his wife? It was just poorly done in so many ways. And Dorne was the worst as many have already said.

Edited by LastDragonLives

OK even if we forget about the controversy about the rape, fake Arya is not a fugitive because of the murder of Joffrey. Which is why the Jeyne Poole/Fake Arya thing would have been cool. I haven't read ADWD in 2 years so I don't remember all the details. Besides that, the episode was slow, boring. Margery is taken when she is not suspecting it in the books which would make a lot more sense than in front of the Kingsguard that is sworn to protect her. Is Tommen that much of a p****Y that he wouldn't tell his boys to cut down a bunch of anorexic robe men when they grabbed his wife? It was just poorly done in so many ways. And Dorne was the worst as many have already said.

I agree about a lot of your criticisms, but not about the Sansa storyline. In the show the Boltons are openly rebelling against the Lannisters, so it doesn't matter if Sansa is a fugitive. Cersei said herself in tonight's episode that she can't send an army to Winterfell, so the Boltons are effectively safe. I think this deviation from the books is very clever way of adapting the books.

No, I'm saying that blanket statements such as 'The best TV show ever' and calling everybody who gave this episode a low rating a troll is a complete objectivity fail.

No no no, you misunderstand then. I was talking about the people who consistently come on here for seeming no other reason than to troll, but for some unexplicable reason seem to be in the majority for this specific episode.

I agree about a lot of your criticisms, but not about the Sansa storyline. In the show the Boltons are openly rebelling against the Lannisters, so it doesn't matter if Sansa is a fugitive. Cersei said herself in tonight's episode that she can't send an army to Winterfell, so the Boltons are effectively safe. I think this deviation from the books is very clever way of adapting the books.

They are only openly rebelling against the Lannisters because they are effectively harboring Sansa, no? Unless I missed something there. I just disagree. I think this episode in particular was really bad, and there were plenty of ways to depict the bastard Bolton having his way with Sansa without showing her crying as she is pretty much raped in front of someone she grew up with, and who she assumes killed her brothers. She doesn't have enough reasons for revenge against the Boltons/Lannisters already?? How much fuel needs to be added to the fire? Jeyne Poole was a minor character in the book so her being brutalized wouldn't anger people as much. Believe me, that scene is not being taken well by people who only watch and write about the show. That is my opinion of course, but it is not the only reason I think this past episode was the worst of the series.

I feel like Sansa went into the room fairly poised but it hadn't really clicked and set in what she was truly in for until she was in the room with Ramsay discussing it prior. This could make it seem like 2 different personalities so to speak when the surprise of reality didn't match her expectations so she wasn't completely prepared to deal with it in this newer way. It's not exactly linear character progression, but I don't think it negates anything either and is fairly realistic.

It sort of reminded me of the scene in the Borgias, where the daughter, Lucretia, I think, is raped by her husband shortly after her wedding night. The scene was probably handled better in the Borgias.

I think Lady Ollena sums it up well... "You can smell the shit five miles away."

I give it a four.

The writing is awful so far this season and has veered sharply into puerile fan-fiction of 'cock merchants'. The Dorne subplot is a mummer's farce. Littlefinger is uncharacteristically reckless and stupid, and Sansa's rape is used as a prop for Theon 'redemption'. Fuck Theon!

D&D have jumped the snark (and the grumpkin) this season.

I'm done with GoT after this season until I read the books -- I, for one, don't want the ending spoiled by this travesty. :ack:

1/10. A play with cheesy sets and blatantly fake dragons would be better than what they have produced with all of the money available to them. I hope the show quickly loses too much of its audience for HBO to justify continuing, but that won't happen, and we would probably get a sixth season even if the last four episodes this season tank.

I think Lady Ollena sums it up well... "You can smell the shit five miles away."

I give it a four.

The writing is awful so far this season and has veered sharply into puerile fan-fiction of 'cock merchants'. The Dorne subplot is a mummer's farce. Littlefinger is uncharacteristically reckless and stupid, and Sansa's rape is used as a prop for Theon 'redemption'. Fuck Theon!

D&D have jumped the snark (and the grumpkin) this season.

I'm done with GoT after this season until I read the books -- I, for one, don't want the ending spoiled by this travesty. :ack:

And this is what bothers me most about the WF/Sansa scene. I hated the rape aspect as a whole, but from an objective standpoint it is part of GRRM's world, rape in general and marital rape specifically. But during a time when we're supposed to be focused on Sansa's trauma, heartache, and pain...they went to *Theon* and instead we focused on how Sansa's rape was affecting him. That's a big no-no for me. Theon being affected is fine as we know Reek is likewise affected in the books by fAyra, but choosing to let his angst over the scene be the audiences focus and not Sansa's is very disconcerting. There are ways to show the scene that would avoid seeing the rape (like the scene ultimately did) but keep the focus where it belonged--on Sansa.

I thought the episode was awesome. I like the fact that despite having read the books, I have no idea what's going to happen next. I did think one of the Sand Snakes would cut off Myrcella's ear or something. I think the rape (sort of) of Sansa is a huge foretelling of what will happen to her in the books in the Vale. Guess we now know what controversial Sansa chapter is coming.

Tyrion "the Tripod" Lannister and Jorah get to live another day thanks to his anonymously sized wang and quick thinking.

6/10

Lady Olenna as the highlight of the episode.

So, I'm wondering like everyone else.

Why the fuck do they cut the Iron Islands, Riverlands, Northern Lords plots and make the Dornish storyline as lame as possible? Dorne is forgettable.

Bad decision by the producers.