[Poll] How would you rate episode 506

How would you rate episode 506?  

769 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Really? How about "My dear lady Sansa, you are of course in no obligation to go to Winterfell but should you choose to do so I can no longer offer you my support". Perhaps said nicer. Whaddaya think will happen to a highborn castle princess in fancy clothes wondering around in wilderness? She didn't have THAT many options.

Oh and people complain about EVERYTHING. If it's not in the gospels they complain. Some of them make sock puppets just to come to complain.

That's your argument? There is logic in her going there, because LF was going there and would have left her there? :bang: Keeping her in the Vale until the Battle of Winterfell is over is what happens / will happen in the books, because that's what makes sense. Maybe there are other things that would make sense, like rallying the Northern Houses with Sansa (her going to White Harbour instead of Davos), but going to Winterfell and marry Ramsay doesn't make any sense. The writers sent her there because they thought she could be raped by Ramsay instead of Jeyne. At the moment, that's the only explanation.

So when you agree with the reviews they are right and when you don't they have papers to sell? Funny.

I kind of knew you would say that, although that really isn't the case. There are good reasons to take praising criticisms of anything with a grain of salt, just as there are good reasons to be sceptical about very negative reviews. Very few critics will praise a show that doesn't have the viewers' favour, and few will criticise one that has it. I pointed out that the criticism in the review supports the criticism of book purists, just as you pointed towards good reviews supporting your point.

Season comparison 2014/2015 on the same dates:

Ratings May 13th, 2014

GAME OF THRONES

HBOM

9:03 PM

BREAK

HBOM

9:52 PM

NBA PLAYOFFS- ROUND 2 L

TNT

8:00 PM

May 4, 2014

GAME OF THRONES

HBOM

REAL HOUSEWIVES ATLANTA

BRVO

WATCH WHAT HAPPENS LIVE

BRVO

9:30 PM

May 12th, 2015

GAME OF THRONES

HBOM

NBA PLAYOFFS- ROUND 2 L

TNT

8:30 PM

REAL HOUSEWIVES ATLANTA

BRVO

May 11th, 2015

GAME OF THRONES-04/26

HBOM

34%

TEEN MOM SSN 5-04/20

MTV

90%

LIP SYNC BATTLE-04/23

SPIKE

113%

In any sense of the word that is called crushing the opposition.

I'm not sure what your point is. I'm only pointing out that Game of Throne's viewership is dropping. It's reached its lowest point in two years. That's just a fact.

Well obviously. It's not as exciting and the story is too fragmented and illogical.. no one (common viewers) really knows WTF is going on anymore. Add a lackluster season 4/5 and this ridiculous episode 6 and very few (good guys) to root for..

Back in Season 2-3 everyone was like "oh god not another wall scene" "who cares about job snow" now everything is such shit that in the midst of season 5 people are saying "just show us more jon snow scenes!" LOL

Edited by abacabb

Well obviously. It's not as exciting and the story is too fragmented and illogical.. no one (common viewers) really knows WTF is going on anymore. Add a lackluster season 4/5 and this ridiculous episode 6 and very few (good guys) to root for..

Back in Season 2-3 everyone was like "oh god not another wall scene" "who cares about job snow" now everything is such shit that in the midst of season 5 people are saying "just show us more jon snow scenes!" LOL

I agree, sock puppet! The sadistic perverts should not have had killed off Joffrey and Tywin!

I kind of knew you would say that, although that really isn't the case. There are good reasons to take praising criticisms of anything with a grain of salt, just as there are good reasons to be sceptical about very negative reviews. Very few critics will praise a show that doesn't have the viewers' favour, and few will criticise one that has it. I pointed out that the criticism in the review supports the criticism of book purists, just as you pointed towards good reviews supporting your point.

You mean all the myriad of one-voting and "David and Dan are talentless hacks who can't write themselves out of a wet paper bag" saying people here?

Edited by jacksonbrowne

Washing corpses, sweeping, and stupidly reacting to your mentor = watchable TV?

True. But at least it was close to the actual story, and the Hall of Faces was kinda cool. I prefer if they didn't use Jaquen as the mentor at first but I guess for TV it works to use the same actor. We'll see how they do with Cat of the Canals. But yeah, I guess you are right. The whole episode sucked.

The writing just isn't very good this season. Might as well cut Dorne completely if this is the best story line they can come up with for it.

Regarding the rape scene, rape is a sensitive subject for lots of people. Sure Jeyne's fate was even worse, but it was one tiny part of two huge books and she is destroyed after it happens. They really worked hard to make a ridiculous scenario where Sansa can be raped when they cut or changed over 50% of two huge books. And I suspect that in a few episodes Sansa will act like it never happened just like Cersei did with Jaime.

It's a realistic outcome for Ramsay and Sansa in that scenario, it's just not one you can say is necessary. The book plot revolves highly on the northern lords who don't even exist in the show. The rape and torture of fake Arya is heard regularly by the lords of the north who are visiting and helps lower morale and loosen support for the Boltons. Without the lords even being mentioned on the show, there really isn't even anything to gain from marrying Ramsay to Sansa in the first place. Become enemies of the crown is a pretty poor trade off for having a figure head Stark bride. And even after going with the ill conceived Sansa in Winterfell plot, they had the option of having Sansa rescued before the bedding. Even if Sansa personally kills Ramsay the damage of having her family killed and then being raped by the son of the murderer makes it a pretty hollow "victory" at that point.

It didn't offend me, but in the end this is a show meant to be entertaining, and lots of people don't find that subject matter entertaining at all. My fiancée was already bored most of the season. Sansa was one of the last Starks alive and she basically said "Why am I watching this any more? Everyone who is left is either evil or a victim. Who is the hero at this point? I'm not really getting any entertainment from seeing the characters I care about get murdered, tortured or raped".

Couldn't really give her a good answer.

So what? Then it's a hollow victory, it will not be a happy end for the Starks or for Sansa in particular. Why is that a problem?

And yeah, they skipped a lot of stuff, but managed to include this rape-scene. So what? Maybe the scene was not necessary. So what? Apparantly, they liked such a scene. I liked it too. Not because I endorse rape or killing or flaying in real life, but I can like it in a tv-show. Just for shock value? Yes! Because people don't want to hear a story perse, they want a story that amuses, shocks, intrigues, moves, etc.

That's your argument? There is logic in her going there, because LF was going there and would have left her there? :bang: Keeping her in the Vale until the Battle of Winterfell is over is what happens / will happen in the books, because that's what makes sense. Maybe there are other things that would make sense, like rallying the Northern Houses with Sansa (her going to White Harbour instead of Davos), but going to Winterfell and marry Ramsay doesn't make any sense. The writers sent her there because they thought she could be raped by Ramsay instead of Jeyne. At the moment, that's the only explanation.

Why? Why the fuck would rallying them Northern houses interest Littlefinger? Rallying the Northern Houses would force Littlefinger to publically choose sides and choose AGAINST the crown. With all the character assassination talk here you came out with THIS?

"Why am I watching this any more? Everyone who is left is either evil or a victim. Who is the hero at this point? I'm not really getting any entertainment from seeing the characters I care about get murdered, tortured or raped".

Thats my point exactly!

We already know of the heroes we've lost or those we've rooted for to win.. none of which have seen a shred of redemption.

Even the few simply likable characters we have left are soon to fade.. ex: bronn (gonna prob die agonizingly from poison) (loras) (grey scale on Jorah)

We all know what happens to Dany.. where will the material D&D write leave all the characters we now have flocking to her..god i dont even want to imagine.

So yea.. why even watch it lol it's far from entertaining anymore.. well we watch it because we want it to be fucking awesome and enjoy it.. thats just not the case anymore.

I sure hope the rest of the season makes up for episode 6 and theyre just fucking with us because LOLLOL I love this show but wtf are they doing!!!??

Edited by abacabb

Who is more foolish?

Person 1, who thinks he's a brick wall

or

Person 2, who realizes the folly of Person 1's identity crisis but keeps arguing with him anyway

Pure genius. Raucous applause

I'd venture to guess that people who vehemently oppose the show's current form still watch it becuase they've invested years into the show and are somewhat umwilling to abandon it at this point.

You mean all the myriad of one-voting and "David and Dan are talentless hacks who can't write themselves out of a wet paper bag" saying people here?

Okay, I guess there's no reason trying to argue with somebody who will ignore your arguments to twist your words just because. It doesn't really speak in your favour though, trying to convince people with answers like this. But then, you never really wanted to discuss this, did you?

You mean the gospels?

I have never said that an adaptation needed to follow the books every word. But I'm not going to sit here and argue for the 50th time why the past episode sucked. I don't think episodes 1-5 were terrible. In fact, I even thought that Jamie going to Dorne could end up in some kind of interesting arc/conclusion. Instead it was rushed, the Sand Snakes looked like teenage mutant ninja turtles and the battle scene (if you can call it that) was the worst in the show's history. So that all went down the drain. At this point why not follow the book and have Cersei acting like a paranoid lunatic? Why not have Margery taken prisoner with no suspicion? Why not have Cersei try to get a Kingsguard to seduce Margery and some of her cousins? Why not have Cersei dabble with her lesbian fantasies with a hot Mediterranean looking chick? That would have been a lot more satisfying than watching Sansa raped and tortured even more than she already has been for no good reason and in a way that makes no sense in the story. Again why would the Boltons even need Sansa to rule the north if they just kept up their alliance with the Lannisters? Its just unnecessary. This episode was really bad. And the other commentators are right, people really don't know WTF is going on. When I watch with my girl, she asks me to pause it every 10 minutes to explain things to her and she isn't even on season 5 yet.

Why? Why the fuck would rallying them Northern houses interest Littlefinger? Rallying the Northern Houses would force Littlefinger to publically choose sides and choose AGAINST the crown. With all the character assassination talk here you came out with THIS?

Okay, it doesn't make sense for LF to do this, but for Sansa. Bring her to WH - leave her there instead of in Winterfell. Would achieve exactly his goals (controlling the North via Sansa, if that is really his plan) withouth risking her life and sanity. And the fact that nobody in the south knows about LF bringing Sansa to the Boltons (while the rest of show world knows absolutely everything) was pretty silly in the first place. Don't tell me something is silly that the show has done exactly this way.

Why are people discussing ratings anymore? The fact is that it doesn't really matters at this point. Such discussion could have made sense two or three years ago, but now, it doesn't really matters. The show will go on (and probably end) in season 7. Season 6 is already in pre-production. If anybody is expecting the show to be cancelled at this point, well, either is deluding himself or is smoking something really nasty.

Edited by Barristan Whitebeard

Why are people discussing ratings anymore? The fact is that it doesn't really matters at this point. Such discussion could have made sense two or three years ago, but now, it doesn't really matters. The show will go on (and probably end) in season 7. Season 6 is already in pre-production. If anybody is expecting the show to be cancelled at this point, well, either is deluding himself or is smoking something really nasty.

Becuase we enjoy examining others' opinions of the show?