[Poll] How would you rate episode 506

How would you rate episode 506?  

769 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Okay, it doesn't make sense for LF to do this, but for Sansa. Bring her to WH - leave her there instead of in Winterfell. Would achieve exactly his goals (controlling the North via Sansa, if that is really his plan) withouth risking her life and sanity. And the fact that nobody in the south knows about LF bringing Sansa to the Boltons (while the rest of show world knows absolutely everything) was pretty silly in the first place. Don't tell me something is silly that the show has done exactly this way.

Sansa can't rally anything. Sansa has less political acumen than Paris Hilton and leaving her anywhere would be to have them decide her every move. White Harbour especially cannot work for Littlefinger because they are loyal to Starks. They sure as hell wouldn't support Littlefingers claim for the north. The most shit he can stir is doing precisely what he is doing.

Also. White Harbour has probably not been mentioned once during the show's 4 and a half season tenure. So, you'd have to again create a location and people, explain why they exist, why should we care and so on. There is no time and enough is going on already.

Also when pretty much all of these discussions stem from "they changed it now it sucks" it is interesting that every suggestion that comes is basically "yeah I understand they had to change it, I just hate that they changed it like that, they should have done what I say".

Sansa can't rally anything. Sansa has less political acumen than Paris Hilton and leaving her anywhere would be to have them decide her every move. White Harbour especially cannot work for Littlefinger because they are loyal to Starks. They sure as hell wouldn't support Littlefingers claim for the north. The most shit he can stir is doing precisely what he is doing.

Also. White Harbour has probably not been mentioned once during the show's 4 and a half season tenure. So, you'd have to again create a location and people, explain why they exist, why should we care and so on. There is no time and enough is going on already.

Also when pretty much all of these discussions stem from "they changed it now it sucks" it is interesting that every suggestion that comes is basically "yeah I understand they had to change it, I just hate that they changed it like that, they should have done what I say".

1. The Sansa the show built up in season 4 could well have gone on to do that. White Harbour would support Sansa BECAUSE she is a Stark. Your point is invalid because what you describe as impossible actually happened at the Eyrie.

2. There is no time for WH? When we have all those ludicrous Dorne fillers, endless brothel scenes, torture and sex scenes at the Boltons' and Mel flashing her tits? The show has so far produced several hours of material of no relevance to the main plot.

3. No. I and most people critical of the show DO NOT criticise it because it diverges from the book plot. How many times do we have to make that clear? We criticise it because it is poor storytelling, lacking logic, leaving loose ends all over the place, creating new plotholes every episode. I personally was okay with Talisa, with Ros, with ShowQarth, because it worked. It doesn't any longer - not if you look at it closely.

1. The Sansa the show built up in season 4 could well have gone on to do that. White Harbour would support Sansa BECAUSE she is a Stark. Your point is invalid because what you describe as impossible actually happened at the Eyrie.

2. There is no time for WH? When we have all those ludicrous Dorne fillers, endless brothel scenes, torture and sex scenes at the Boltons' and Mel flashing her tits? The show has so far produced several hours of material of no relevance to the main plot.

3. No. I and most people critical of the show DO NOT criticise it because it diverges from the book plot. How many times do we have to make that clear? We criticise it because it is poor storytelling, lacking logic, leaving loose ends all over the place, creating new plotholes every episode. I personally was okay with Talisa, with Ros, with ShowQarth, because it worked. It doesn't any longer - not if you look at it closely.

@Gargarax

You proposed a fan-fiction story yourself (Sansa going to WH), but still everything he finds to criticize you is that you're mad because they made changes from the books.

Do you really need more proof to understand that he's not interested in discussion.

My advice: use the ignore option, you'll do yourself a favor and myself too, since I'm still seeing his ridiculous posts when you quote them in your responses.

No need to feed the trolls, let him troll all by himself.

@Gargarax

You proposed a fan-fiction story yourself (Sansa going to WH), but still everything he finds to criticize you is that you're mad because they made changes from the books.

Do you really need more proof to understand that he's not interested in discussion.

My advice: use the ignore option, you'll do yourself a favor and myself too, since I'm still seeing his ridiculous posts when you quote them in your responses.

No need to feed the trolls, let him troll all by himself.

You're right. The thing is - and I guess you feel the same - without my 'Rave and Rant' thread (why did it get closed?) I'm a homeless wanderer in this forum and sometimes become weak and pick these silly fights. I'm not proud of it :blushing:

Call me crazy but I feel pretty sure that Wyman Manderly and Northern lords who want to put a Stark back in Winterfell and Manderly giving the actual North Remembers speech in it's context would have made A LOT MORE IMPACT with viewers, AND have given them something to root for than a random nameless old maid saying it. LOL.

And the same goes for Stoneheart.

It gives the viewer some hope and they see some immediate results...like Freys getting killed. This is good to keep the audience vested.

Stupid ass sand snakes who can't act dressed in ridiculous outfits, not so much. Sansa Stark being empowered through sexual abuse, not so much.

It isn't really rocket science why the show is losing viewers.

You're right. The thing is - and I guess you feel the same - without my 'Rave and Rant' thread (why did it get closed?) I'm a homeless wanderer in this forum and sometimes become weak and pick these silly fights. I'm not proud of it :blushing:

Yeah, same thing here!

I've posted some comments in random threads and have been personally attacked.

I've started typing responses several times to comments I found ridiculous, but then I thought: "what's the point? You can't argue with people who don't listen."

The Rant and Rave thread is really necessary. The problem is, show apologists are eager to troll on it, and then the thread is locked because some posters loose patience and respond to provocations.

It just shows the difference in maturity when you see that nobody goes trolling the positive nitpicking thread.

Call me crazy but I feel pretty sure that Wyman Manderly and Northern lords who want to put a Stark back in Winterfell and Manderly giving the actual North Remembers speech in it's context would have made A LOT MORE IMPACT with viewers, AND have given them something to root for than a random nameless old maid saying it. LOL.

And the same goes for Stoneheart.

It gives the viewer some hope and they see some immediate results...like Freys getting killed. This is good to keep the audience vested.

Stupid ass sand snakes who can't act dressed in ridiculous outfits, not so much. Sansa Stark being empowered through sexual abuse, not so much.

It isn't really rocket science why the show is losing viewers.

I totally agree. Very succinct way of describing how a lot of people are thinking I feel. I have always had SOME problems with SOME episodes of the show, and not every episode can be good, but Episode 506 just left me with nothing but feeling like I was watching a poorly written version of a different story. Even if you have no problem with D&D's version of the Sansa "BeddingGate", the rest of the episode was still garbage.

I can't even rate this episode (I've never been into rating them anyway, I'm not sure I get the point of it sometimes), but it's hard to come up with a rating for something that bores one to death and yet still manages to anger one at the same time. But, I'm guessing a certain senator wouldn't give it high points, as this tweet suggests. It also suggests that the show in general lately was lagging for her, rating wise. It seems a rocky ride for her that she is no longer interested in riding. Can't say as I blame her.

Ok, I'm done Game of Thrones.Water Garden, stupid.Gratuitous rape scene disgusting and unacceptable.It was a rocky ride that just ended.

I can't even rate this episode (I've never been into rating them anyway, I'm not sure I get the point of it sometimes), but it's hard to come up with a rating for something that bores one to death and yet still manages to anger one at the same time. But, I'm guessing a certain senator wouldn't give it high points, as this tweet suggests. It also suggests that the show in general lately was lagging for her, rating wise. It seems a rocky ride for her that she is no longer interested in riding. Can't say as I blame her.

Ok, I'm done Game of Thrones.Water Garden, stupid.Gratuitous rape scene disgusting and unacceptable.It was a rocky ride that just ended.

LOL. I think she's trying to get some cheap publicity, but, clearly a lot of people are angry at the show. I had to stop rating this season because I started my bad rating too high at a 6, and that would mean better episodes would end up a 7 or an 8, and nothing really deserves an 8, so no more voting I only comment.

Wow. I just gained a ton of respect for Claire McCaskill, and I don't even live in Misery anymore.

LOL. I think she's trying to get some cheap publicity, but, clearly a lot of people are angry at the show. I had to stop rating this season because I started my bad rating too high at a 6, and that would mean better episodes would end up a 7 or an 8, and nothing really deserves an 8, so no more voting I only comment.

Oh, I agree, it's an easy political point. But, also.......I can't blame her for being fed up with it and not finding it worth her time and aggravation any more.

The member of the NW they burned at Craster's in And Now His Watch Is Ended was supposed to have been from White Harbor as well.

But I am willing to admit that I never before noticed that White Harbor even existed in the DD universe. Just some weeks ago when I rewatched the previous seasons.

They still could have made more of a suspense plot of intrigue and action waiting to happen inside Winterfell. Murder some Bolton men and let the viewers guess which party did it. Brienne, LF henchmen, Stark loyalists, Mance ( :( ). Whatever.

Their overall plot is just uninspired and boring. I thought Feast and Dance had too few action and stuff happening so they change it. But now they have literally no plot at all.