[Book Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

This fucking show. Let's get this over with, I guess.

Arya storyline: This remains one of the only stories not outright massacred. Still, it feels oddly rushed and dragging at the same time. The game of lies seems a lot more sadistic in tone than what is in the novels. Also, they seem to be jumbling around the plot elements for no real reason. Sadly, it's probably the bright point of the episode.

Jorah/Tyrion: JORAH! STOP TOUCHING TYRION! YOU HAVE THE MOST INFECTIOUS DISEASE EVER! Jorah finding out Jeor died was kind of a nice moment. Luckily there was still time to fit in a "Tyrion has a big cock reference." I'd just like to point out that if they had kept the external threat to Meereen, they wouldn't have to have this terribly contrived way to get Tyrion and Jorah there. However, this will forever be the "Cock merchant" storyline to me. Seriously, cock merchant. Seems like a good way of describing D&D. Two grade-A cock merchants, those two.

King's Landing: So, LF brilliant plan comes full circle and...it's still dumb as shit. Gotta love how he pinballs back and forth between these two. I guess LF is lucky that not one of the hundreds of people who saw him traveling with Sansa managed to get word back to Cersei, seeing as it was crucial to his plan. Poor Carol, having to deal with such a totes rude house guest. So, the lynchpin piece of evidence in the inquest is Loras's birthmark. Because, as his squire, there's certainly no other way Olyvar could have seen it, right? Brilliant.

Dorne: It was kind of lovely to see how quickly both Larry and Faullaria's plans crashed and burned because, really, how could they not? Apparently the Water Gardens is the easiest place to get into, ever. The amount of grass on the dunes outside was alarming. Like, they have officially completely forgotten Dorne is a desert country. Have to love Larry's, "I like to improvise." How did that work out for you. Also, the Sand Fakes giving their "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken" line moments before they were bowed, bent, and broken.

Winterfell: I just can't even with this storyline. It was exactly what I feared and expected and it made me feel just as sick. At least there was the Myranda and Sansa Mean Girls bath scene to scoff at before things got ugly. Really I don't think I can go into it any further than this.

I have some choice words for D&D, but I would prefer the thread not get locked, so I guess I'll end here.

FINALLY!

Dorne was laughable. What are they even doing there. Are they planning on Bronn getting poisoned and dying so we can all feel bad for him or something? I dont even understand why they bothered with this. This was really Arianne's story and a glimpse of Doran showing that he had a plan all along. With Arianne not existing, what plan can he possibly have? Bob the Ninja and the Sand Rangers just...ugh.

Cersei is so goddamn plastic. While her smirking arrogantly while Olenna flattens her verbally is in character, the other stuff isnt. Im getting tired of Cersei being really out of character.

Littlefinger is a dumbass in the show. Wow.

I dont even need to express the other absolutely disgusting thing about this episode.

What have they done to Roose?

Also: no North lords at the wedding. I guess they're cut. Bleh.

LF's plan somehow makes even less sense. Fucking wow.

The only good thing about Dorne was Jaime having less trouble with Obara than he had with a generic soldier. Nice bit of realism, wasn't expecting that. Everything else was just painful.

Well, Sansa was surely empowered during her wedding night. Yo!

We're supposed to think that this was the big secret that would make Batfinger's plan whole? That he does not care whether Sansa lives or dies? Well, that was plain for all of us to see, with him leaving her at Winter(h)ell amidst war and "I-know-everything-but-your-reputation" Ramsay.

Not going to comment on the Powerpuff Snakes or Jorah and Tyrion's capture, because they were both ridiculous. Well, not until i find something witty to say about them.

Are we jumping ahead on Arya's training? I mean, she has a good grasp on washing corpses and giving the fountain water to people who voluntarily come for it, and now she's allowed to see the big secrets of the Faceless Men?

Dorn... Dorn... Dorn... what a waste of screen time. The fact that Alexander Siddiq has to share a storyline with the Highschool Musical graduates known as the Sand Snakes is a travesty. Someone please kill the 3 bimbos in their cells. I don't think I can watch another second of their amateur dramatics.

Dorn was bad enough in the books, D&D deserve credit for making it a 100 times worse.

All rants and raves are equal, but some are more equal than others: Sansa's storyline WFT? D&D WTF?

On the plus side this thread does cheer us all up. I imagine that it might reach into the 100s of pages quite quickly.....can't see the positive nick picking thread doing well this week.

This episode was pretty bad. And Arya's arc seems to stretch longer and longer and longer. I complained about her not showing up in the season, but if it's going to be like this then D&D might as well have replaced her with Bran. At least his tree stuff would have been interesting. People are even starting to dislike the Arya character because the scenes. Ugh.

Well, it looks like she's missing from "The Gift", so thank goodness for the little things.

From the Poll Thread:

191 votes, now 5.25 average, 5.23(!) with top/bottom 5% removed, 6 median

The voting is still in its early stages, but I think this speaks volumes. I think a lot of people who usually like and defend the show are unhappy with how things played out. Dorne being a mess accounts for some of it, but obviously Winterfell is the big thing dragging this episode down, as well it should. Just speculation, but I think a lot of people were hoping against hope that something would happen to disrupt the wedding night. They didn't think that D&D would go through with the story. Well, they did, and surprise surprise, people are not happy about it.

Archived