[Book Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Exactly as I thought. They chose to sacrifice Sansa's story (after all there isn't much left in the books and who cares about the growth of the only non cartoony female protagonist) to place her into the Jayne Pool role. It's not about her character advancement, it's about Theon! How sad, and predictable and a little bit sexist.

I swear to God, I sympathize with anyone who had to endure that. Not because it was something awful, but because we live in the world where the most watched TV show in 21st century treats women like that.

:grouphug: Exactly. Especially after i saw the gloriousness of Mad Max Fury Road.

Cersei did look crazy. Crazy hot! Seriously, Lena looked great. Shame about, you know, everything else.

Can we discuss how Loras' freaking birthmark was the key piece of evidence in the trial? I half expected the High Sparrow to order Loras to show everyone his ass, and then Olenna to say, "Hang on, I don't think that really looks like Dorne, right, Margaery? I think it's more shaped like Volantis, wouldn't you agree?"

My mum noted that regardless, Olyvar would have known that if he was Loras' squire. Squires will see their knight's bum at least once.

Can we discuss how Loras' freaking birthmark was the key piece of evidence in the trial? I half expected the High Sparrow to order Loras to show everyone his ass, and then Olenna to say, "Hang on, I don't think that really looks like Dorne, right, Margaery? I think it's more shaped like Volantis, wouldn't you agree?"

I can't believe THAT was the evidence. Like, wouldn't every other kid who was a squire of Loras know about this?

Also, I think many would say that they wanted the birthmark being the evidence and then they added the whole Dorne thing. No. I'm sure they thought that first and say "wait, why if we make it evidence for something, like... Loras would need to show everybody his ass?".

The Sand Snakes and the whole failed rescue plot are annoying. Sid is one of my favorite actors but even he can't make Dorne interesting to me. I was very disappointed with what they did to Sansa. The girl would be safer at the Wall than At Winterfell with the Bizarro Addams Family. Why are all the good people in the show so abused? Glad they are speeding up the pace with Arya. The watching bodies get washed thing was getting old.

Best thing about the episode... no Danny.

FTR, a lot of my Unsullied loved the episode. "SO SHOCKING. BEST EPISODE EVER!". Not to say the jokes I'm seeing. Yes. Jokes.

BTW... Maisie is also 18. Is anybody else fearing the same I do...?

Maisie is pretty untouchable with respect to...that. I'm sure she'll be fine. And she plays a 9/12 year old, so I can't imagine how that would come about.

Hey was there any nudity in this one?

No.

Maisie is pretty untouchable with respect to...that. I'm sure she'll be fine. And she plays a 9/12 year old, so I can't imagine how that would come about.

No she doesn't, she's been aged-up the same way Tommen was.

The only reason I still watch this show is because of the posts on this forum. They make me laugh, in a I'm-actually-crying-on-the-inside sort of way. HBO should thank you guys for this household's sub...and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Have you read Mercy?

She's still 11 and while she doesn't have sex she kinda fondles a guy's penis to lure him into sex. So... yeah.

Have you read Mercy?

She's still 11 and while she doesn't have sex she kinda fondles a guy's penis to lure him into sex. So... yeah.

Have you read Mercy?

I've read it but that is a book, and television is completely out of the question for a completely accurate adaption of Mercy. It's visual and people cross the line at seeing pedophilia. Or seeing a character that is like a daughter to them fondle a soldier. That is what I think anyway. D&D aren't that stupid (well, I hope not...)

Geh. I've generally been very happy with the series, but this week's Dorne arc was just awful. Star Wars prequels awful. Ever since the Odd Couple started going south it's been a big improbable setup for a fight scene with the Sand Snakes. And what a dud the fight was. The only bit of tension was if Myrcella was going to miraculously pull a sword and stick someone. A sandsnake? Bronn? A Martell guard?

With respect to the Sansa scene, as uncomfortable as it was at least it provided some tension. Ramsay had hidden his psycho personality enough from Sansa last week that when it came out again, it was a shock. Theon realistically found his courage to save Sansa as well, but didn't.

So, the lynchpin piece of evidence in the inquest is Loras's birthmark. Because, as his squire, there's certainly no other way Olyvar could have seen it, right? Brilliant.

Excellent point.

Just a poor episode of a tv show...when it was over, I watched the finale to Mad Men. And I was delighted to watch a show that actually took great care regarding what it put on-screen.

Ugh, can it actually get worse?

I would love nothing more than to talk about the wonderful Mad Men finale than this drivel! It was such a perfect and much needed palate cleanser.

A bit redundant to complain now, but why does everything have to be sexual in this damn show? Ex: The slavers spare Tyrion after a discussion about dwarf cocks. Of course it has to be about cocks, right? Why follow the books when they can slip in something sexual? Maybe D&D get a pay bonus every time they slip in something with cocks, vaginas, or tits.

Agreed, this has always been such a frustrating point of contention for me. We always have to find a way to talk about genitalia and secondary sex characteristics, in every situation, whether it's appropriate or not.

While I can't say for sure I think it was a combination of trolls getting a bit too much play in the thread and personal attacks on the show runners getting a bit too...aggressive.

And this episode? Yeah, uh,...I can't even...

Please please PLEASE people, do not feed the trolls. We NEED this thread after the episode we had. Please keep it on topic so we can keep it open :frown5:

Why would the slavers suddenly decide to change course at an ambulatory magical dwarf's cock's urging? On the off chance that the pits' reopening means they can sell ONE slave?

And without the payoff line (that's what i've been telling all the girls)...

It's St. Tyrion. Of course they changed their entire plans to a completely stupid, nonsensical plan because of a few sentences that came out of St. Tyrion's blessed mouth.

Also what was the point in aging Tommen only to have him act like an 8 year old little boy? Oh it was so they could add a sex scene. Yawn.

This is an excellent question. Why didn't he say anything? He didn't do anything in that scene. It was frustrating.

Oh, how could I forget. We get the SECOND instance of LF bringing up the twincest right in poor Carol's face. What happened the last time he did that? Oh, she said she could easily have him murdered. Great plan throwing your queen's biggest secret right in her face during the scene in which you're trying to get her to go along with your plan. Brilliant strategy.

Nothing will ever come back to bite Batfinger in the ass because reasons.

Any stupider than Arya being ready to be "someone else" after learning how to serve water and scrub dead people's toes? Or how Jaime and Bronn managed to just stroll right up to Myrcella? If it hadn't been for those bloodthirsty sand snakes, I bet their brilliant plan would ensure they'd have no problem just walking out of there with Myrcella back to King's Landing. Ugh.

You bring up an excellent point - where the FUCK is her kingsguard? Princess of Westeros, waltzing around unaccompanied, to then be attacked by first Larry then the Sand Fakes. Should probably up her security a bit?

Yeah, it's not as if Areo Hotah doesn't know who she is. Sigh. =/

Hahaha we need to constantly be reminded that she is the daughter of Oberyn, because how could we forget :rolleyes:

Lamest reason to prosecute ever. As Mordred mentioned, Olyvar, as his squire, would have seen him naked anyway.

FTR, a lot of my Unsullied loved the episode. "SO SHOCKING. BEST EPISODE EVER!". Not to say the jokes I'm seeing. Yes. Jokes.

BTW... Maisie is also 18. Is anybody else fearing the same I do...?

No, say it ain't so :bawl:

I also couldn't help but laugh about Myrcella's, "No, we can't kiss here. People will see us!" when there are clearly people all over the place in these gardens AND Doran is sitting on a balcony watching you. I mean, look up, girl. I think he's waving at you right now.

:laugh:

Archived