Dornish Disappointment

I've been trying to go into the TV version of Dorne with optimism up until now, but by episode 506 I can say that I think I'm a bit disappointed with it. I'm not very impressed with how they've portrayed the Sand Snakes so far. They resemble the Three Stooges more than the competent war machines they were built up to be. Even Jaime and Bronn's arc has been underwhelming for me. I felt it was a bit contrived that they just happened to arrive at the exact right time, right down to the minute, to intervene in the sand snakes' plot. Anyone else feeling slight disappointment here?

On a side note. I think that was Tyene that sliced Bronn. She's the poison expert like her father. Could this be the end for Bronn?

I don't think you'll find too much love for Show!Dorne in these forums.

As someone who really enjoyed Dorne in the books (Arianne and Doran), I had high expectations for the show version. To say I've been disappointed would be an understatement. It could have been so much more.

But hey, I did get some great laughs at the fight scene last night, with how over-the-top and B-movie quality it was.

Oh god Bronn had me rolling in laughter (I needed it as it turned out for the freaking horror-show the episode ended with), taunting Obara after he easily handled two(!) of the fearsome "Sand Snakes".

I'm sorry...I just find it awesome that these awful stereotypes of "empowerment" turned out to be the least effective possible means of revenge. Obara losing it when Bronn taunts her was icing on the cake.

In a show where Brienne went from a noble, capable and steadfast woman who was tormented with guilt over slaying one monster to a thug eager to spill blood left and right while calling good men "monsters", this was a ray of sunshine.

There was a comment on Youtube which said something along the lines of "what's-her-face 360 no-scoped a head on the ground several feet away with her spear, but couldn't land a single blow on a one-handed dude." I chuckled.

I'll be disappointed if Bronn dies after that.

Dorn is sooooo rediculous. It is not even comedic relief. I would have rather Jaime and Bronn went North to find Brienne and Pod. I would have loved some Jaime payback to Bolton as it was one of his men that chopped his hand off. The Sandsnakes look pretty stupid. Ellaria looks like Joanna de Loca.

You guys are being too hard on the poor Sand Snakes. If only Jaime and Bronn had been tied, gagged, and buried to their heads in the sand then Obara would've made short work of them!

"You fight pretty well for a girl" Bronn to Obara

"(Incoherent screaming) ...wouldn't talk so tough if you'd been tied up, buried to your neck and had a bucket of scorpions dumped on your head (more incoherent screaming, Bronn chuckling at funny Dornish people)"

"You fight pretty well for a girl" Bronn to Obara

"(Incoherent screaming) ...wouldn't talk so tough if you'd been tied up, buried to your neck and had a bucket of scorpions dumped on your head (more incoherent screaming, Bronn chuckling at funny Dornish people)"

How could I forget the bucket of scorpions?

Yeah, Dorne is the plot thread that has been given the least attention this season, and it shows. The Prince is great, but he's had, what, three scenes? There just hasn't been enough time spent developing the characters. If there was a well-acted half-episode devoted to the Dornish plot, maybe that could save it. But everything just comes off like a melodrama, largely because the actors have to pack so much emotion and reaction to events into so little space.

I'm so disappointed in the Dornish plot :frown5: I'd been looking forward to a new exotic location, more women characters and some interesting plot lines. And yes, I know the characters are very flat in the books as well but I thought given that D&D know what's coming, they'd be able to round out the characters. Instead, it's been rather depressing. I don't know if it's going to get any better either.

How could I forget the bucket of scorpions?

I like to think that Bronn woud've seen the scorpions as spare protein, bitten off their stingers then spit them into the Sand Snakes' eyes at ten paces and dug himself free with his chin. That's just how badass he is.

I am so disappointed in Dorne. I held out hope until this week. The Sand Snakes have such potential, but there has been no time spent developing their personalities, and even their fight sequence looked lame. I didn't believe they could hang with Bronn. It just didn't look real.

I was so hoping for badass ninja women.

I like to think that Bronn woud've seen the scorpions as spare protein, bitten off their stingers then spit them into the Sand Snakes' eyes at ten paces and dug himself free with his chin. That's just how badass he is.

:lol: I would have loved to see this, actually. If they're gonna be over-the-top, melodramatic, and cheesy, go big or go home.

Well it's not so much a disappointment as it just hasn't gotten to the good parts yet. Doran Martell is what makes the Dornish plot interesting in the books, and they've got a great actor playing him. He's only had 2 scenes so far but I'm sure as he lays a bigger role it will get good.

Now I really wanna see this

Archived