[Book Spoilers] Positive Nitpicking Thread

Huh... This thread is usually up and fairly active by the time I roll around. This thread is such a happy place for me.

I really enjoyed the episode. It was largely another setup episode, but I still quite liked it.

- Sansa talking Myranda off her high horse

- The Queen of Thorns. Love, love, love everything about this woman.

- Arya, and the Hall of Faces

- Jorah's reaction to the news of his father's death

- Watching Cersei slowly screw herself over with the Faith Militant. I CANNOT wait for what's to come.

What did you guys like?

Seeing the Old Bear again in the "Previously on...", and realizing just how different Tyrion looks now!

Arya claiming she hated the Hound, and the Kindly Man accusing her of lying. "A girl lies ... to herself?"

Arya's face when she thought she'd found a kindred spirit, another girl from Westeros, when the Waif (does she have a name in the show?) told her story. Finally, someone who could understand her! Or not.

Tyrion and Joran share an early Father's Day moment. Damn Iain Glen nails it. Now I'm wondering if Jorah is going to somehow fulfill the Old Bear's dying wish, despite the grey scale.

That dark, dark scene when Arya kills the girl.

Mr. Eko causing trouble on yet another rugged shore! Oh how I hope he'll somehow cross paths with a Red Priestess smoke monster.

Almost everyone being smarter than Cersei and yet still losing to her. It's tough to negotiate with someone who doesn't realize her weapon's about to destroy her.

"I like to improvise." "That explains the golden hand."

Bronn, "Oh, for fuck's sake" at visible proof that the Dornish are indeed insane.

Lady Olenna "You can smell the shit from five miles away."

Damn, Loras is looking good. And I liked the callback to Renly's and Loras's relationship. (I still cannot believe I totally missed that when I read the books.)

Theon's and Sansa's interaction before the wedding: "Please ... he'll punish me." "You think I care what he does to you?" A great moment of thinking, yup, I'm somehow on both of their sides here, even if that makes no sense.

Alfie Allen's acting throughout.

The God's Wood set, although I kept looking for a camera angle or a crow to suggest Bran's around. A "world from Bran's view" flashback could be an interesting way to recap/start Season 6.

Roose's voice, as always.

And the tension through the last ten minutes: OK, now is when Brienne swings in! Oh wait, is that the Blackfish in the crowd? Surely the Greatjon Umber is going to come back now? OK, now Theon will snap and save her!

Or not.

The score in the hall of faces was incredible IMO, just suited it perfectly. Scene was pretty good in general.

I liked the lying game aswell, with both the waif and Jaqen.

HS is starting to seem more like the HS from the books which is nice.

Areo was pretty cool too. Hasn't done that much yet, but I like him.

Hall of Faces was a bit different than what I expected. I imagined the faces to be hanging off hooks. The place kind of looked like the throne room back in KL. I liked the music that went with it. :)

The shot of King's Landing when Olenna arrived. The Red Keep sure extends out a bit from the rest of the city!

The Godswood wedding - I want those lanterns!

Alfie Allen's acting.

Honestly aside from Dorne and the Olyvar plot device it wasn't a bad episode. But those parts really were just that bad.

I'll reserve judgement on the rape scene until after the story plays out.

I probably will too, but i sorta liked how we were only able to really imagine what was happening due to Theon's face. That whole scene was very disturbing imo.

Honestly aside from Dorne and the Olyvar plot device it wasn't a bad episode. But those parts really were just that bad.

I'll reserve judgement on the rape scene until after the story plays out.

Yup, I thought the episode was really good aside from those two scenes. Loras's acting in that scene was good thought IMO, and Bronn at least made me laugh. If only Aero had cut the head of a snake...

Concerning the rape scene, I don't get what all the fuss is about. Jeyne Poole was a complete victim in the books, but not Sansa in the show. She went there to get WF back, she knew she was getting married and I believe she was willing to give herself to Ramsay on the wedding night, but Ramsay being Ramsay decided that Reek had to watch and that threw herself off her game, especially with what Myranda said earlier and I thought it was perfectly understandable. It reminded me of the Bran/Ned scene (Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?' 'That is the only time a man can be brave,' )

But hey I guess that destroys her character now...

bron: this song is all about the ending

this and we got selyse : all your books and you still dont know

why do i get the feeling that some of the dialogues this season is a remark to book readers

and also jamie saying : i like to improvise and bron replying : that explains the hand

Lf saying : we both peddle fantasies brother lancel and his got just being more entertaining

Please, don't get into discussing "that scene" in this thread. There are lots and lots of other places on the board to do that. (Well, maybe not lots ... they do keep getting locked.)

"The dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant"

LOL only Game of Thrones can pull that line off.

I'm trying to think of any other show in which that line could possibly make any sense!

Yeah, Littlefinger's line about peddling fantasies was good too.

I rather liked Jorah and Tyrion.

And while the whole Sand snakes thing is a bit of a misstep (largely I think because they're trying to condense so very much and are cutting some of the book threads but can't entirely eliminate Dorne) I pretty much love any time Bronn is on screen.

Sansa/Myranda, Jorah/Tyrion and Arya/Jaqen scenes were great.

What's the use for Sansa/Myranda dynamic?

I thought Sansa was going to be sane enough to get Myranda in trouble on "the" wedding night. Sansa is as dumb as ever !!

Sansa/Myranda, Jorah/Tyrion and Arya/Jaqen scenes were great.

What's the use for Sansa/Myranda dynamic?

I thought Sansa was going to be sane enough to get Myranda in trouble on "the" wedding night. Sansa is as dumb as ever !!

Archived