[Book Spoilers] Positive Nitpicking Thread

Best part of the episode SOMEONE FINALLY echoed the sentiments of all, show watchers and book readers alike WHY SHOULD DANY RULE WESTEROS. Is there any doubt Tyrion is everyone favourite character when he is the only one who speaks any sense in the whole show. I am glad to see that he didn't buy that bull from Varys about how Dany is perfect. Tyrion is not only clever he has wisdom.

I'm also really glad someone finally said this. It feels that she's going to become Queen because it's the inevitable direction the story is moving in and she has the overwhelming advantage in that she just keeps getting stronger while everyone in Westeros spends years beating the crap out of each other, but what on earth has she done to deserve the throne? Stannis remains the only claimant that actually risked his ass to protect the realm, and I realize a lot of highborns will never accept him because he can't be bought and his religion is wrong (and Varys won't because he's afraid of magic), but he deserves to rule a thousand times more than anyone else pressing a claim.

I've liked a lot of the changes this season, it's nice to not know where a storyline is heading, I really like the Dorne scenes, Jaime and Bronn are awesome together, plus we get to see Jaime fight without his hand, something we are still waiting for in the books. The Wall scenes have all been my favorite this season. I was wondering how they would incarcerate Margery without the adultery plot, I am looking forward to Cersei's comeuppance.

Tyrion asking the questions the audience wants to ask was pretty nice. In fact, i enjoyed Tyrion and Jorah's scenes quite a bit. The BS banter was great.

Arya's stuff was gr9. In fact, it saved me from hating everything about this episode. I gave it a rating of a 7 for the Hall of Faces set alone. It was just simply that awesome.

The Godswood was pretty and Sansa's dress <3

Olenna sass.

I thought this was a really strong episode.

- The Sansa scenes. Her slapping Myranda down was just beautiful. And her acting in the bedding scene fit perfectly. She was trying to remain strong but the fear was all too obvious. I thought it was a really good scene and I'm excited to see how it progresses. Hopefully Sansa will recover enough to become the player she was becoming before. Also, Alfie Allen was as amazing as ever.

- Iain Glen totally nailed it tonight. I loved the scene when he heard of Jeor's death, especially as I suspect lots of unsullied didn't even remember they were related. It was a really well-done scene.

- Arya trying to say she hated the Hound but being told she is lying to herself.

- "The famous tart Queen Cersei." Well said, Olenna!

I thought the dialogue in this episode was great - I think I laughed at more lines this week than any other episode.

I also loved the fact that Arya was lying about hating the Hound.

And I thought the Sansa-Ramsay scene was very well done. Horrific and sad. Game of Thrones can take me from laughter to horror so quickly.

Wow a lot happens in this one!

I'm interested to see where Dorne will go. Doran seems to be...happy(?) at the prospect of Marcella and Trystane getting married. So now we have both the Sand Snakes and Jaime locked up. I genuinely can't think what will happen next there. I kept expecting Myrcella to lose an ear at the end and was mildly disappointed.

Jorah and Tyrion just starting to be civil to each other and then BANG, slavers. However that does open up the DELICIOUS possibility that the pit fight Drogon descends on to whisk Dany away will be Jorah's bout. And then he steps in to take Barristan's place in the breaking of Meereen's peace.

Show Cersei seems to be just as self-destructive as book Cersei and Tommen just as impotent. It will be fun to see more of Olenna.

I too am starting to look at the show and books as different entities now and can't wait see where both go.

- I loved how Tyrion says what we've all been thinking since A storm of swords about Dany. She can't rule.

- The tyrion scene in general actually. Adebisi/Mr. Eko and Tyrion having the cock bartering banter. I looked it up the type of dwarfism that Tyrion/Dinklage have leaves their members at about the same size as the rest of us. Only long bones are affected.

- Arya's story is growing on me. The hall of faces looked cool. It was nice how Jaqen called her a liar for denying her crush on the hound.

- Areo Hotah was awesome. I truly believe he could take all 3 sand snakes, Jaime and Bronn by himself.

- "When you were whole it would have been a great fight"

- Doran was excellent too except not enough screentime. Did Siddig have a scheduling conflict?

- No Meereen in this episode.

- High Septon/Sparrow is rocking it. He looks like Pope Francis and you can already tell he's out scheming everyone.

- Olenna Tyrell wit is on point as always "We both know you're not writing anything"

- The pieces of top quality game of thrones are still there so hopefully these positive nitpicks overtake the less than favourable parts of season 5

I'm also really glad someone finally said this. It feels that she's going to become Queen because it's the inevitable direction the story is moving in and she has the overwhelming advantage in that she just keeps getting stronger while everyone in Westeros spends years beating the crap out of each other, but what on earth has she done to deserve the throne? Stannis remains the only claimant that actually risked his ass to protect the realm, and I realize a lot of highborns will never accept him because he can't be bought and his religion is wrong (and Varys won't because he's afraid of magic), but he deserves to rule a thousand times more than anyone else pressing a claim.

Umm, started a campaign to end slavery. What other claimant has done anything that selfless? Or showed any concern over the oppressed whatsoever?

Umm, started a campaign to end slavery. What other claimant has done anything that selfless? Or showed any concern over the oppressed whatsoever?

Stannis. Renly too actually. As for Daenerys a lot of people don't like her (at least as queen of the seven kingdoms) because (the think that) she makes everywhere she goes worse and doesn't know anything about Westeros. Maybe she'd be the best queen personally I believe she wouldn't. But it makes me glad that they are at least addressing criticism against her instead of making her a Mary sue.

Stannis. Renly too actually. As for Daenerys a lot of people don't like her (at least as queen of the seven kingdoms) because (the think that) she makes everywhere she goes worse and doesn't know anything about Westeros. Maybe she'd be the best queen personally I believe she wouldn't. But it makes me glad that they are at least addressing criticism against her instead of making her a Mary sue.

What selfless acts have Stannis or Renly committed? Stannis aiding the Wall was not selfless, going North was basically his only option. When did either of them show they cared about the oppressed?

I don't think any current claimant will sit the throne, so there's that.

I also wanted to give a shout out to the cinematography in this episode...some absolutely gorgeous shots, especially of the Hall of Faces and the Wedding Scene.

I'll say this in the defense of the Dorne fight, it was an awkward fight, but what would you expect when Nym/Tyene were faced against Bronn who was armed with a longsword? Nym/Tyene were obviously bidding their time, looking for an opening. If they stood their ground, or rushed in, they would've been slaughtered.

Jaime v. Obara looked awkward....do I really have to explain why?

Plus, they chose to film the scene in a setting that heavily restricted what they could do.

FFS, some of the criticism of Dorne is hilariously misplaced by people that really don't know what fuck they're talking about.

He is wandering aimlessly around Essos asking random people "Have you seen a highborn dwarf of three-and-thirty, with a scarred face and blonde hair?" or "Where do dwarfs go?"

"he may have been traveling with a balding knight of forty years, or perhaps with a bear"

I liked how Obara gave Jaime considerably less trouble than a random Dornish guard.

"Thanks Obara"

...Sophie Turner's acting

IMO the Waif did better acting

- No Meereen in this episode.

I think we all can agree on this.

- I really wish Bronn would sing during the credits of every episode.

In chronological order, since I was taking notes while rewatching:

- Arya not realizing that she no longer hates the Hound
- excellent acting on part of the ill girl and her father
- the Room of Faces and the music that went with it
- Tyrion bringing Jorah up to date (excellent acting from Ian Glenn)
- the fact that there is such a thing as a cock merchant in Planetos *lol*
- Bronn singing the Dornishmen's wife
- Baelish and Olenna returning to KL
- Olenna's frustration at Cersei not realizing what she is getting herself into
- Chekhov's birthmark (mostly for the reactions on this forum)
- Sansa putting Myranda in her place
- all of Alfie's and Sansa's acting during THAT scene

(which, IMO, was every bit as disturbing and sad as it was supposed to be

and reminded me a lot of Dany's wedding night...)

Well yeah, that was terrific, and she totally deserves to rule Slaver's Bay for that. Westeros had already banned slavery.

Archived