[Book Spoilers] Positive Nitpicking Thread

Well yeah, that was terrific, and she totally deserves to rule Slaver's Bay for that. Westeros had already banned slavery.

And there's no oppressed people in Westeros who could use someone looking out for them? Look, obviously Dany is going to bring more war and suffering in her quest to conquer Westeros, but like Jorah said that part has to come first. I think she cares more about the smallfolk than anyone else in the story. "A queen belongs to her people" and all that. I absolutely understand why people like Jorah and Barristan believe so much in her.

Just curious, Where the hell is Varys?

Snickering on his way to Aegon after delivering gray-scale and a dwarf to the feet of the only Targaryen challenge to the Blackfyre claim to the throne? Wait, this is D&D's show....probably checking a water clock while yawning his way through about a thousand lap dances while Tyrion takes his sweet time in a pissing contest with Blackfish.

And there's no oppressed people in Westeros who could use someone looking out for them? Look, obviously Dany is going to bring more war and suffering in her quest to conquer Westeros, but like Jorah said that part has to come first. I think she cares more about the smallfolk than anyone else in the story. "A queen belongs to her people" and all that. I absolutely understand why people like Jorah and Barristan believe so much in her.

Actually by Essos standards Westeros is a downright egalitarian society with a lot of protections built in for its small-folk. Witness Tycho Nestoris griping that Davos wouldn't be a lord in Braavos in season 4 on account of his thievery. The ability of small-folk to hold counsel with the second most-powerful man in the Seven Kingdoms during normal operating conditions (i.e. Not Run By Cersei Lannister) and petition him for the redress of grievances against nobles and knights.

Tl:dr version: Daenerys brings nothing new to Westeros except that her wars will be fought with magic, fire-breathing dragons. She's not going to transform feudal Westeros into some utopia then relingquish power like Cincinnattus to tend her dragons. At best she'll be a slightly better monarch than her average ancestor, at worst she'll be her average ancestor.

I think the best story lines are north and east. winterfell and wall and in the east we have dany/jorah/tyrion/arya. there is a direct correlation of the best storylines with best acting, story, and suspense in their respective plots. south and west have sunk the ship. frankly you don't have to be a book reader to know cersei downfall is coming it is so obvious it is pitiful so no suspense in something has killed my interest. dorne COMEDY COMEDY COMEDY.

full points to the writers for saving the north and the east for us.

north is got jon and we still have a lot of suspense on jon's fate and how he is going to survive. winterfell with sansa has just amped the terror alert to maximum so lots of gut wrenching drama there. stannis is lurking he needs a win desperately. north lots of suspense.

east has tyrion enough said. where there is tyrion it will be great. oh and arya on her quest we can't wait for her to make her first kill, this arc is not about suspense but more about her journey and more than any other character she has cheated death the most and survived so we are rooting for her.

Loved the LF line

'We both peddle fantasies, brother Lancel, mine are just more entertaining.'

So sexuality can either be suppressed by religion or corrupted by consumption and everything is BS either way :D

The best parts of the episode are from King's landing. Olenna Tyrell & Cersei talk, Loras interrogation scene, Littlefinger's plans.

Other great stuff:

The acting from the Winterfell arc, most notably Alfie Allen

Sansa telling to Myranda to stfu

Tyrion/Jorah's encounters Mr. Eko :lol:

Oh, also want to add:

1. I loved that Tyrion gave the exact reasons I've always given against Dany ruling Westeros. I mean, it felt like he was quoting me at times XD

I'm telling you they're stealing from our discussions! I'm 100% convinced they are! Some arguments are word for word from the forums. :lol:

I'm telling you they're stealing from our discussions! I'm 100% convinced they are! Some arguments are word for word from the forums. :lol:

:agree:

Hizdahr claiming his father was innocent of crucifying the children.

Dany acting like a crazy person feeding people to her dragons.

And now that Tyrion speech. I'm convinced they've spent time on this forum.

Well, if they have, at least they are getting the good stuff XD

iam fine with people questioning her claim....

but i am seriously fed up with the mad queen because of his father was one

Well, if they have, at least they are getting the good stuff XD

please what good stuff ...when the people care and sympathise with hizdar and hate dany ...i dont know how it is considered as good job ...

at this point i am looking forward to the wheel speech and see the context and tyrion's reacting ....to make any judgement out of their actions this season with dany

I completely agree. That scene of her feeding the Master to her dragons was probably the most upset I've ever been with the show.

i mean apart from season1 they have never showed human and gentle side of dany

she herself questions this things like why should anyone follow me why should anyone beileve me ...why cant we have her question this and have her some self doubts ..

last week what missandei said was so true she always listens to the council and takes the decision that is best out out of those council..she always listens first then act ,...even from Mirri she listened everything she has to say about ....but in the show she has become the one who constantly ignores barristan's advice

i just hope it will all have some way of correcting themselves like tyrion seeing that she is worth fighting for her

i found a interesting thing ...i went back to check what episodes does cogman wrote and not suprisingly ...

he wrote the oathkeeper and laws of gods and men where we have hizdar pleading for his father's funeral ...and now these two episodes where hizdar has been made into meereeen sansa and dany has been made into ramsay

I shocked myself (and my unsullied husband) when I started bawling like a baby during Arya's "mercy" death scene.

I have discovered that I like buddy road shows - Arya/Hound, Brienne/Pod, Jaime/Bronn, and now Jorah/Tyrion.

I loved the return of Olenna, and hope she takes part in Cersei's (hopefully) very soon come-uppence.

I have new found respect for Tyrion's cock. :leer:

I completely agree. That scene of her feeding the Master to her dragons was probably the most upset I've ever been with the show.

I felt a twinge of annoyance at that but I'm glad they aren't making her this saintly savior like they are with Tyrion. She makes some questionable decisions in books and that scene goes along with that.

I felt a twinge of annoyance at that but I'm glad they aren't making her this saintly savior like they are with Tyrion. She makes some questionable decisions in books and that scene goes along with that.

But there's enough in there already without making shit up. Obviously Dany has a dark side, she burned a woman alive, crucified 163 men, etc. Feeding people to her dragons is the kind of shit her enemies make up about her in the books. What's next, bathing in babies blood to maintain her beauty?

But there's enough in there already without making shit up. Obviously Dany has a dark side, she burned a woman alive, crucified 163 men, etc. Feeding people to her dragons is the kind of shit her enemies make up about her in the books. What's next, bathing in babies blood to maintain her beauty?

raping hizdar the victim ...i am calling it now ..

you can see lot of similarities between sansa and hizdar..and dany is obviously worse than ramsay

Archived