[Book Spoilers] Positive Nitpicking Thread

That was some powerful television at the end. I'm shocked they took it as far as they did. I expected Theon's rescue to have been before the bedding. Considering this show, it could have been a lot worse. Judging by the locked threads some people on here need to remember TV Sansa is not Book Sansa, if they check the pages of their books they will find an unharmed Sansa.

But there was some other stuff there which I really liked, the Jorah / Tyrion exchange was great. especially Jorah finding out about his father.

The Cock Merchant too was hilarious.

Great to see Oleanna back and the KL stuff was good.

Littlefinger's scheme is making a bit more sense now.

The Dorne part wasn't great...

Very good episode compared to previous.

Multiple locations

All characters I ve been missing.

Tyrion & Jorah were such a good team. Their acting was golden, about Jeor.

The BESTpart ever was Tyrion questioning Jorah about Dany. It was so deep and Epic.

Because...

A lot of fans in real life support Dany blindly just like Jorah becuse of the dragons & "sheep mentality"

I think like Tyrion. He used logic to question Jorah. He asked some brilliant questions.

"She is the heir"... " Why?" . So deep.

"Lets say she burns westeros and sits on the IT. Then what?

Some questions all crazy "khaleesi" supporters must think of.

I think D&D adressed that blind support of in story supporters & real life fans brilliantly.

Hats off to that part in the script. :D

A song that isn't The Bear and the Maiden Fair or the Rains of Castamere finally shows up!

Jorah's and Tyrion's scenes, from Jeor to Jorah's speech on the birth of Dany's dragons, were excellently acted.

The Hall of Faces was very well done... in fact all of Arya's scenes were great.

"You can smell the shit from five miles away"

The Gods Wood scene was very tense, and say what you will about 'that scene' but the acting was great, especially from Alfie Allen.

Edit: Something else I want to add is that I actually enjoy the changes they're making to the show. The show doesn't have to follow the same path as the books, meaning that we will still be able to read WoW without knowing exactly what's going to happen.

Furthermore, as a long time book reader, I'm actually interested in the show now, instead of being 'yep, read this before'. I've come to view them as two separate entities, both enjoyable on their own.

Yessssssssss. So much yes. Despite a few things I haven't liked this season (and those things are quite minor, and aren't necessarily book to screen issues), I've been enjoying this season so much more because I haven't been comparing it to the books. Not knowing exactly what's supposed to happen in each episode as made my viewing experience so much better.

The BESTpart ever was Tyrion questioning Jorah about Dany. It was so deep and Epic.

Because...

A lot of fans in real life support Dany blindly just like Jorah becuse of the dragons & "sheep mentality"

I think like Tyrion. He used logic to question Jorah. He asked some brilliant questions.

I think D&D adressed that blind support of in story supporters & real life fans brilliantly.

The fact that Tyrion gave that questioning speaks volumes. Dany fans are so committed to that famous BS talk Tyrion gave to fAegon to trick him (that Dany is a rescuer, bla bla ...) this should be double shocking to them. That is positive nitpicking for me. Well done D&D. I would not expect it from you but you did well. GJ.

I liked Doran in Dorne (nothing else except Bronn singing). On second thought, the fight scene was so ridiculously bad I enjoyed it.

I liked the Arya scenes. And I liked Jaqen (or is it him?). Tom Wlaschiha is really good in the role, bringing him back was perhaps the single best change they ever made from book to TV (I also liked Tywin and Arya in s2). Maisie was terrific as always.

I liked when Olenna arrived in KL ("You can smell the shit from five miles away").

I liked Alfie Allen's acting despite the bad WF scenes.

Well, that's about it.

Can you tell me what happens or give me a link with all the spoilers? I googled it and didn't find anything.

Been a long time since I've read it, but Theon runs off with fArya (helped by Mance's spearwives, a role Brienne could well fill here) and they jump off the wall into a snow drift and are found by some Umber (I think) men. Although in the books it happens after the bedding (which was much worse than what we had here) but I expected this to happen earlier in the show just because it was Sansa (perhaps a little naive on my part).

Huh... This thread is usually up and fairly active by the time I roll around. This thread is such a happy place for me.

I really enjoyed the episode. It was largely another setup episode, but I still quite liked it.

- Sansa talking Myranda off her high horse

- The Queen of Thorns. Love, love, love everything about this woman.

- Arya, and the Hall of Faces

- Jorah's reaction to the news of his father's death

- Watching Cersei slowly screw herself over with the Faith Militant. I CANNOT wait for what's to come.

What did you guys like?

That part was great, perhaps the best scene of the show. That and Bronn's "Oh for fuck's sake" line.

In general I found the episode rather boring.

Oh and cannot forget Tyrion's common sense plea to Jorah regarding Dany.

Very good episode compared to previous.

Multiple locations

All characters I ve been missing.

Tyrion & Jorah were such a good team. Their acting was golden, about Jeor.

Because...

That was/is legendary.

The fact that Tyrion gave that questioning speaks volumes. Dany fans are so committed to that famous BS talk Tyrion gave to fAegon to trick him (that Dany is a rescuer, bla bla ...) this should be double shocking to them. That is positive nitpicking for me. Well done D&D. I would not expect it from you but you did well. GJ.

Yes and Peter D. make that entire sequence what it is.

I love Jorah's tail-between-leg response ...."she will rule"....

I liked that I was fooled. I fully expected horns to start blaring,(Staniss's attack on Winterfell) and Theon to save Sansa before The Bastard put it in her. With all of the other changes from book to show, at least my conceptualization of Sansa would not have to be changed! (who cared about Jeyne Poole anyway :P)

I thought overall the episode was decent. It scores a 2.5 out of 5 instead of 3 simply because of that awful water gardens scene. Check out "Meanwhile in Dorne..." for my ideas on how that could have been fixed.

Alfie Allen's expression.Very underrated actor but for me in the top 3.Same can be said about Iain Glen when he learned about his father's death(murdered by his own men).It wasn't in the books and it's funny,because there is even slight hint to the events in the future episode.I gues Jeor won't be the only one betrayed by his own men.Iwan Rheon like Jack Gleeson...villains you love to hate.

Trial was decent and Lady Olenna is back in the town.Hall of Faces was amazing and some of the locations are truly breathtaking.Goodswood and Sansa's dress pretty good.

My favorite part of the episode was Jaqen knowing Arya was lying about hating Sandor. That put a big smile on my face. :D

Loved Sansa telling Myranda to fuck off.

Some great performances by Alfie Allen, Sophie Turner, and Iain Glen in this episode.

Best part of the episode SOMEONE FINALLY echoed the sentiments of all, show watchers and book readers alike WHY SHOULD DANY RULE WESTEROS. Is there any doubt Tyrion is everyone favourite character when he is the only one who speaks any sense in the whole show. I am glad to see that he didn't buy that bull from Varys about how Dany is perfect. Tyrion is not only clever he has wisdom.

I don't think it is Dany who needs to forgive Tyrion because Targaryens have done a lot of cruel shit to lots of other families, if everyone her family has hurt swore revenge against her then she wouldn't have a leg to stand on. It comes down to Dany proving to Tyrion that she is worthy to rule and she is worthy of Tyrion's counsel, after getting screwed his whole life I don't think he wants to spend his time servicing the whims of another domineering mad woman, especially after escaping the clutches of his cruel domineering father.

Dinklage and glenn are some of the best actors in the show, give them good dialogues and a good setup they will knock it out of the park. Tyrion thinking on his feet to get Jorah to mereen, I like to think he was helping Jorah out here because he knows how badly Jorah wants to go back to Dany, and Jorah catching on to Tyrion plan and playing along.

I just loved the Cersei scenes, because even though the character didn't see it audience can see the reality. The tone of voice LF employs when talking to her he would never have dared to speak like that to Tywin. Olenna disdain for Cersei shows how little she thinks of her, if you look back to her exchange with Tywin it was a conversation of equals despite their differences. Olenna is going to squash Cersei like a bug it was just satisfying to watch because Cersei has little appreciation for intelligence and has no clue lady olenna is the last person on the earth you want to piss off. Lannisters are like beggars living in a mansion.

I love how Arya was in denial about not hating the Hound.

I thought that was interesting. Reading the books, I felt that Arya leaving the Hound behind was ambiguous: did she do it because she denied him mercy, or because she couldn't get herself to kill him now that she finally had the chance? Cogman seems to have a definite opinion on that (though whether it is interpretation or comes from knowledge of the rest of the plot, I don't know).

Dialogues generally were sharp this episode. Loved hearing "The Dornishmen's wife" as well. I hope we will get to hear the end in a rather Bronn scene.

Areo's axe hasn't killed anyone so far. I wonder if that will change, later this season.

Archived