[Book Spoilers] Positive Nitpicking Thread

raping hizdar the victim ...i am calling it now ..

you can see lot of similarities between sansa and hizdar..and dany is obviously worse than ramsay

It would be hilarious to see that play out.

Hizdar tries - but you made my noble Merenese cock hard without me wanting it, or asking you.

Dany just shrugs - an erection is prima facie consent. The law is the law and my dragons are hungry.

thank you for that mental image.

Problem with Dany questioing herself is to who?

Who is in Meereen she trusts enough to talk about something like that, Missandei?

why cant she talk to missandei ...

she talks to her in the books ...if you go over the top and saying that she has made a mistake by her ignoring barristan advice of showing mercy ..

why cant we have a LONE MOMENT WHERE she speaks with missandei about the hardships she is facing

no mention of jorah since he was exiled ...

well iam thinking something like

dany - who cares your cock is hard or not turn around and bend (on the background we hear dany putting on the strap on )...while darrio enjoys this action and camera focuses on hizdar crying

That's GRRMs fault, with a line like - and he had her every way that a man can have a woman - the imagination invariables ends up considering which devices can be included :D

Seriously though, I think Dany is becoming a necessary evil - the fire and blood her world needs. Reason it is handled more subtly in books than Dany feeding people to her dragons this early on is that the show needs to create visual steps, so that all viewers get it.

Drogon eats small child. Dany cries.

Nasty Merenese kill nice Barristan. Dany cries, looses hope for Mereen and feeds nasty Merenese noble to dragons in anguish.

Dany calms and realises she may have overreacted, so offers to may Hizdar as potential solution to Merenese woes.

Unable to solve Merenese woes, Dany escapes on dragon. Dany finds peace with dragon that she cannot find trying to bring equality to humans.

It's establishing a pattern, so that viewers can accept Dany having given up on people and being all fire and blood on Westeros when she gets there.

Just wait, she'll get betrayed by Daario somehow also - she's going to get pushed totally over the edge in show, so that the average viewer sympathises with the monstrous force she becomes.

That's GRRMs fault, with a line like - and he had her every way that a man can have a woman - the imagination invariables ends up considering which devices can be included :D

Seriously though, I think Dany is becoming a necessary evil - the fire and blood her world needs. Reason it is handled more subtly in books than Dany feeding people to her dragons this early on is that the show needs to create visual steps, so that all viewers get it.

Drogon eats small child. Dany cries.

Nasty Merenese kill nice Barristan. Dany cries, looses hope for Mereen and feeds nasty Merenese noble to dragons in anguish.

Dany calms and realises she may have overreacted, so offers to may Hizdar as potential solution to Merenese woes.

Unable to solve Merenese woes, Dany escapes on dragon. Dany finds peace with dragon that she cannot find trying to bring equality to humans.

It's establishing a pattern, so that viewers can accept Dany having given up on people and being all fire and blood on Westeros when she gets there.

Just wait, she'll get betrayed by Daario somehow also - she's going to get pushed totally over the edge in show, so that the average viewer sympathises with the monstrous force she becomes.

you see yeah she is going to be harder on her enemies from now on harsher like say tywin ....but before that she has tried everything she can do to give for peace but people there wont stop until getting fire and blood ...

its like mossodar says all that people know is blood and vengence ..they wont accept peace ...

the situation and the environment is what made dany bad ruler ...say if she had been ruling a place like westeros or say she has been ruling a slaver city where slave trade is allowed ..then she would have been better ..not that she is incompetent or not willing to learn ...she is idealistic yes but she is growing up and learning the world is not black and white ..

i dont think anyone could have ruled meereen at that time and called as better ruler ..but who am i kidding saint tyrion will solve the problem when dany flies away ...when your sea is blocked and city under siege and insurgence inside the city and the only way of any economy is burned and outlawed anyone could have been done bad and of course a 15 year old girl would fail ...

bust as barristan as said that small girl she may be but she is what that kept the city together ..but now both the slaves and masters hate her in the show ..we have rarely seen anyone suggesting any good advice to daenerys ...but she listens to people be it reznak and green grace ...

asks barristan about what he thinks about these things...but in the show she is nothing but ignoring the advices of wise men around her

the Whole agenda that show is keeping seems to be that she cannot rule and thats because she is the daughter of mad Queen and hence she should be mad queen ...seriously

these are the things that irks me

and about people feeling sympathy towards her if she is doing any dark thinks the show is not making sympathetic at all

take for example hizdar and whole making sympathetic hizdar and if he turns out not to be harpy iam ok with that but if he turns out to be harpy then people will only sympathise with him and not on dany ..

i dont think darrio is going to betray her either

The Dornish plot scenes were one of the worst in the series so far but everything else was pretty good.

Favourite moments:

Jorah's reaction to his father's death.

Tyrion questioning Daenerys' credentials for a ruler of Westeros

Cock merchant :-)

LF/Lancel

Cersei feeling smug, happy and safe

Everything in Winterfell

Arya lying about hating the Hound

Sansas line about Tyrion. "He was kind to me, he never touched me."

Always very satisfied seeing Jaqen.

Cerseis proud winning look on her face while at the same time complitely blind to the threat that awaits for her.

How refreshing and nice it is to see at least one character being compassionate in that show- When Tyrion realises Jorah didn't know about his fathers death.

I completely agree. That scene of her feeding the Master to her dragons was probably the most upset I've ever been with the show.

It was 10x better than Dany having children tortured in front of their father just to see what he knows.

Sorry, but I think the show didn't show her nearly as dark as the books did.

It was 10x better than Dany having children tortured in front of their father just to see what he knows.

first we dont know they are children and second how come anyone thinks they maybe in on it ...i mean when hizdar tells dany his father spoke against the killings ..everyone goes told it ...

but we have now seen two episodes where the whore is actually helping the Sons of Harpy to kill the unsullied ...why dont anyone say OMG maybe the wineseller and his daughter were in on it

and what just talk about the crucification scene where we see dany is sick to her stomach at what she had done to standing on top of pyramid and enjoying the cries of masters

...and how did Martin make her look better by ordering a torturer to have his way with a man's daughters to make him talk?

did you even read what i wrote i was not speaking about dany feeding the masters to dragons ...and just so you know the daughters were always meant to be questioned individually not just to make him talk because they were in on it too ..

iam just talking about they are writing hizdar and dany and completely changing their dynamic

Dany isn't "nice" in the books. She makes mistakes. She isn't crazy, but she has made some bad decisions. The show is simy portraying that

yes she isnt nice in the books to the slavers not to her people and yes she makes mistakes ..she isnt crazy but looks like that all maters that she is mad king's daughter ..all i am saying is if people want to show her doing dark side show her good side too

And to be honest, I didn't like her very much when reading ADWD.

so how can you know and make arguments about it if you dont like what you read and something you didnt undersstand ...was her whole ADWD was torturing people ..it was just a line in the books which she does out of rage and nesessity and i can completely see why she would order such thing ..did i like her doing it no but i understand why see did it and she did not enjoy it either ....its not like ramsay torturing just because he like it and cersei giving people to qyburn for experiments ..

and i liked readinmg her ADWD chapters and it makes me angry when people compare her to ramsay and hizdar to sansa

I think D&D portrayed Tyrion and Jorah's storyline and relationship better than GRRM did. I loved the scene where Tyrion talks to Jorah about Jeor and then notifies him of his death. It should've been in the books! I hate that Tyrion never mentioned to Jorah that he knew his father in the books. Also their slavery was handled better than in the books. Sure keeping Tyrion alive just because of his cock is a silly reason, but the fact that they're going to Meereen, but making Jorah fight in the fighting pits is better than Tyrion jousting on a pig.

And I loved Arya's scenes and the hall of faces, but hitting Arya with a stick is unnecessary. The lying game is better in the books, they made it darker on the show. But my favorite part was when Jaqen told Arya she's lying about saying she hates the hound.

Olenna and Cersei's meeting was epic, and the trial thing was pretty cool.

Bronn was awesome and I enjoyed the Dorne scenes because of how laughable and ridiculous they were!

Like many others here, and in no particular order:

Touching moment between Jorah/Tyrion. A kind and gentle transmission of terrible truth.

Return of Lady Olenna: What veil?

Tyrion's capture dialogue: Guess. Again!

Theon's (Alfie's) acting. I wasn't a big fan early on, but he is outstanding.

Cersei's inability to see that she's in a hole, yet she keeps shoveling.

Set design for the Hall of Faces - amazing, far better than my imagination in the books.

Arya comforting the dying girl.

[Edit to add:] Although a wedding I didn't want to see, the Winterfell godswood was glorious. Snow, lanterns, Sansa's dress. Shame it was wasted on a Bolton, though.

How the show was able to include an episode of Xena: Warrior Princess, Dorne edition. Serioulsy, that's some great 90's Saturday morning fight choreography. Yi yi yi yi yi yi yi!

I came here to read some positivity after feeling too upset and overwhelmed with the Sansa rape debate... And am thrown into a Dany Mad Queen debate. Can't win.

Anyways, in case the thread isn't locked and gets back on track -my favorite parts:

- Cock merchant is an actual profession on the show.

- I loved Jorah's face as he learned of his father's death. It was so pained but so quiet and withdrawn too. Fantastic acting by Glen.

- Littlefinger's plan is starting to make way more sense now. His only motivation is to position himself so that in every possible outcome of the "wars to come" he is in some kind of authority and power. Also, his accent is totally back to normal after last season's craziness.

- Arya's smile as she heard the end of the Waif's story... And then her utter confusion when the Waif asked if it was true.

- The Hall of Faces didn't look like how I imagined it - but it was way better. I thought of a long hall with faces just hanging off the wall. I loved the columns - it made it look very religious and/or regal.

- Arya really cared for the Hound! We knew it but now we KNOW it!

- The wedding (JUST the wedding, not the bedding) was stunningly beautiful.

- Reek all dressed up as Theon - but was very clearly still Reek. Tremendous acting by Allen. Even all fancied up he is clearly still a broken man. A ghost, if you will.

- QOT is back, bitches!!!

- Cersei trying and utterly failing to emulate Tywin. The callback to Tywin's meetings where he just wrote while Tyrion (maybe others? Can't remember) just sat and waited was glorious. But she (Cersei, not Headey) so can't pull it off.

Does it really matter who sits on the IT?

We were discussing about how they atleast posed some few questions rather than a "perfect" Dany.

Why derail the thread with who sits on IT?

Gosh..

its funny i not in any of the single post i made mention about IT ...yet there were posters claiming that they are happy that they made a point to show why she should not sit IT or rule westeros

i dont even believe that she will rule westeros or live to see the end ...but whatever

i was strictly speaking about her meereen arc and her portrayal and hizdar's portrayal

Being devoured by a dragon is worse than being "questioned sharply" imo.

Doreah and Mossador disagree.

Archived