Where do we go from Here, unbowed? (spoilers galore)

I was wrong about my prediction about Ramsay killing Fat Walda. Instead we indeed have Sansa as Jeyne. Is the only thing left to do is let Sansa escape with Theon? Or will D+D change the script again and let Sansa stay in Winterfell and organize the resistance? Will Theon survive, or will he be knocked off sooner than later, before Stannis gets his hands on him?

Is Tyrion going to turn into Quentin, but with success? Or, here's a shocking idea - is he going to turn into fAegon?

Where do we go from here in Dorne? RIP Bronn, I had imagined him re-united with Tyrion some time in the future.

Arya is more or less where she should be, except with an accelerated timeline?

Margaery is in jail, will Cersei be there next week?

ETA: sorry, misspoke, getting ahead of myself with Margaery. :) Nah, she is in jail, where else would they be taking her?

Littlefinger might as well reveal himself to be Faegon at this point, deliberately fucking everything up. Because otherwise there is no logical explanation left for his actions now - he's all machivellian for the sake of it. I also loved how no doubt is left about who the viewer is supposed to root forin the Battle for Winterfell. PS how did they retconn Varys's Dany-love contradicting all of his previous actions ? And what the hell do they have against Dorne ? And what the hell is this Missiandei-Grey Worm Bullshit ?

I'm saying this for quite a while now, but nobody seems to be listening to me. The idea that any event in this show adapted from unpublished or unwritten material will resemble George's vision at all is very unlikely.

I was wrong about my prediction about Ramsay killing Fat Walda. Instead we indeed have Sansa as Jeyne. Is the only thing left to do is let Sansa escape with Theon? Or will D+D change the script again and let Sansa stay in Winterfell and organize the resistance? Will Theon survive, or will he be knocked off sooner than later, before Stannis gets his hands on him?

IT DEFINITELY LOOKS LIKE SANSA WILL START WORKING ON THE NORTHERN RESISTANCE. AFTER ALL, WE DON'T SEE THEON TAKING THE LEAD IN THE TRAILER. IT'S SANSA SAYING "I STILL HAVE FRIENDS IN THE NORTH'. AND YES, I THINK THEON SURVIVES FOR A WHILE LONGER.

Is Tyrion going to turn into Quentin, but with success? Or, here's a shocking idea - is he going to turn into fAegon?

NO TO FAEGON. I THINK HE WILL TURN INTO A SUCCESSFUL QUENTIN EXCEPT THAT I DON'T THINK HE'LL MARRY HER. THAT SAID, THERE ARE A FEW THREADS THAT HAVE EXPLAINED RATHER LOGICALLY THAT HE WILL. WE'LL SEE. WHAT I THINK WE CAN AGREE ON IS HE'LL BE HER PRIMARY ADVISOR, HAND, IF YOU WILL.

Where do we go from here in Dorne? RIP Bronn, I had imagined him re-united with Tyrion some time in the future.

DORNE IS REALLY DISAPPOINTING ME. IT REALLY LOOKS LIKE A DIFFERENT SHOW, ALMOST. THE CHEAP NETWORK VERSION. I'M JUST HOPING IT ENDS SOON. I DO THINK BRONN IS A GONER.

Arya is more or less where she should be, except with an accelerated timeline?

YES, ARYA'S TRAINING LOOKS LIKE IT'S ABOUT TO GET INTERESTING AND IT WILL MOST LIKELY BE CONDENSED BIG TIME. D&D HAVE ALREADY SID THEY'RE AIMING FOR A BOOK A SEASON, PARTICULARLY WITH THESE LAST 3 SEASONS, SO THEY'VE GOT A LOT TO COVER IN THE NEXT 4 EPISODES.

Margaery is in jail, will Cersei be there next week?

YES, CERSEI WILL BE THERE AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE MARGAERY THAT SPILLS THE BEANS ON HER JUST AS CERSEI MUST HAVE SPILLED THE BEANS ON OLYVAR, LORAS AND MARG. WHICH IS WHAT THE HS WAS HOPING FOR: EVERYONE TURNS ON EVERYONE ELSE. IT ALWAYS GOES THAT WAY IN AN INQUISITION-TYPE ATMOSPHERE.

Do we know the Walk of Shame is in E09? If so, then things have got to turn against Cersei very, very soon. I was expecting a hint in the trial scene in this week's episode. Lady Olenna will be more actively involved in Cersei's fall.

Chekhov's zombie is still twitching away below the Red Keep. I don't think we'll see him fight or whatever this year, but his future role will be indicated.

Now I'm not sure what's happening with Dorne. It seems to be leading to Jaime being sent home with his tail between his legs, but I hope a bit more comes out of the story than that. I guess Bronn's about to die of poison - which makes sense. I couldn't see the show killing him suddenly in a fight. If he'd just been suddenly killed by one of the Sand Snakes it would have been wrong-for-TV - he's not big enough to have an exciting dramatic death, but he's not small enough to just kill off.

I would not be totally shocked if Tommen actually dies this season (Cersei's opening flashback strongly suggests another of her children dies soon, if not both), and Jaime and Doran somehow work together with Myrcella as their pawn/queen.

Littlefinger's almost impossible to predict because he could quite literally be anywhere next week.

I assume Sansa's about to start making plans for her escape, although I hope that's not the route she's taking - I hope she's going to work for revenge, somehow, and may even refuse a rescue offer because she wants to stay in a position to fight the Boltons. I still fantasize about Stannis arriving to find Winterfell held by Sansa Stark, with one Bolton dead (presumably Roose) and another fled.

Arya killing Trant and losing her sight - and quite possibly being a blind assistant to Jaqen on a trip to Oldtown. I would never have guessed this earlier, but with last week's mention of Oldtown, it's now a possibility.

The Others have got to come into play - presumably at Hardhome. But one of my big questions going forward is if any of our main characters will attempt to ally with them (or even already have, which would be a big shock that would make almost no sense).

Olenna does not have to play a role in Cersei's fall. In fact, it is quite clear that the High Septon already has Cersei as Lancel is her former lover and would most likely have told him about both their relationship as well as that Cersei commanded him to murder Robert.

We should all be prepared for atleast one more Ramsay/Sansa scene before they part due to battle etc. I am still sick and heartbroken over last night. It was so unnecessary. I will not watch anymore episodes when first aired as I will need to screen them to about any more Sophie/Sansa scenes of this nature.

I am most worried about how the current Sansa situation will unfold. I want Theon to redeem himself, but unlike with Jayne, I don't want Sansa to be once again rescued by someone other than herself. I don't want her to keep relying on others. There's also the whole Brienne storyline which I wish they would have dropped. If Brienne doesn't "save" Sansa what's her purpose?

I'm buying the theory that the candle in the tower thing is similar to Ramsay pretending to help Theon escape. If so the next episode could be just as psychologically disturbing as the last.

I'm buying the theory that the candle in the tower thing is similar to Ramsay pretending to help Theon escape. If so the next episode could be just as psychologically disturbing as the last.

You might be on to something there- what are they looking at in the preview? Ramsay showing the candle in the window lit , and that is was all a cunning plan of his?

I still think its more likely its the remains of the two boys killed by Theon.

Anyway, thinking about moving parts, i think the following WF scenario is most likely

Theon surfaces. Reveals to Sansa that her brothers live

She makes contact with Brienne and arranges to meet. But then Theon escapes alone with Brienne and Pod.

Brienne, now aware the brothers live, goes questing again but runs into Stannis.

Sansa remains behind and will pick up some of the Manderley role.

Basically, to join this all up with the Book Ultimately, i don't think they can have Sansa wandering around the north. And she needs to stop being saved

We should all be prepared for atleast one more Ramsay/Sansa scene before they part due to battle etc. I am still sick and heartbroken over last night. It was so unnecessary. I will not watch anymore episodes when first aired as I will need to screen them to about any more Sophie/Sansa scenes of this nature.

I won't watch Got anymore. They don't deserve my attention.

Things I predict around King's Landing:

• The High Sparrow ends up dead, this will throw the faith militant into total jihad mode. Every man in Kings Landing may be conscripted, refusal being met with the punishment of death, thus giving the faith a huge army. Just as Stannis wins the north, his faith in the lord of light makes him an enemy to the faith militant. Lancel may be the actual one to kill the High Sparrow, the latter asking him on grounds of already being old and the faith needing that kind of catalyst to grow. Without (f)Aegon, Kings Landing will instead be in the hands of the faith militant.
  • Tommen gets mentored a bit by Littlefinger without Cersei controlling him. Qyburn, Macy Tyrell (either through Lady Olenna or showing he has only been playing stupid) and Littlefinger will each try to push Tommen to see things their own way. Pycelle doesn't get to play that game, Qyburn will see to that.
  • Margaery has nothing to lose and opens up a book about Cersei's own sins, imprisoning them together. After Tommen's failure to help her, she couldn't care less about what happens to her husband the king. This may result in Tommen being removed, the faith militant in that case likely takes control of the kingdom, possibly declaring Lancel as de-facto ruler to speak in the name of the seven, if the High Sparrow ends up dead. Alternately, Tommen's ear is now whispered in by Littlefinger, Qyburn, the Tyrells and the Faith.

Things I predict concerning Sansa:

• Sansa at some point, when gaining enough power in the North, possibly through littlefinger, may see to it that Ramsey's cock is cut off. Possibly forcing Myranda to do so, feeding it to Ramsey's dogs. If Ramsey is to become Reek, thrown in a dungeon, he may plead to Theon for mercy only to be left to rot.
  • Either Ramsey may kill Roose feeling threatened by Walda's baby and Roose's looming threats. Without Roose, Ramsey will doom their campaign.
  • Or Sansa may take more of a Myranda approach, making Ramsey receptive to her own manipulations, only to betray him in the end.

Things I predict around Dorne:

• Ellaria may choose to pass guilt onto the Lannisters by making it appear as if Jaime or Bronn killed her, while killing herself, pulling Dorne into war.
  • The Sand sisters will make an escape. Possibly one might doubt the righteousness of their actions and make the escape more difficult.
  • Bronn will be poisoned and while I doubt he dies from it, he'll be handicapped in battle, forcing Jaime to fight at his best. Jaime seems to improve best when his own life is in danger anyway.
  • Myrcella will run away with Trystane. This pisses off both parties who seek to help her. Doran may promise to let Jaime go if he agrees to go together with Areo Hotah to find the two. Bronn will be too wounded to travel, speeding his recovery with some Dornish ladies and wine.

I'm saying this for quite a while now, but nobody seems to be listening to me. The idea that any event in this show adapted from unpublished or unwritten material will resemble George's vision at all is very unlikely.

Some people undoubtedly go into denial, for the show going its own way. While the show will follow the rough lines towards the books main events, it'll almost certainly deviate from the books increasingly as the source material will be reduced from five released books to notes provided on the intended synopsis.

Me too, seriously upset by that scene. I've been all night dreaming of horrible ways for Ramsay to die. I am hoping he does take her to hunt, with a dog he names Lady Sansa, just so she can skinchange it and rip him limb from limb! Grrrr highly irritated with that scene.

Littlefinger might as well reveal himself to be Faegon at this point, deliberately fucking everything up. Because otherwise there is no logical explanation left for his actions now - he's all machivellian for the sake of it. I also loved how no doubt is left about who the viewer is supposed to root forin the Battle for Winterfell. PS how did they retconn Varys's Dany-love contradicting all of his previous actions ? And what the hell do they have against Dorne ? And what the hell is this Missiandei-Grey Worm Bullshit ?

I see Cersai getting arrested, probably Arya losing her sight, Jorah and Tyrion in Meereen. Possibly Bronn dying from poison.

The way Bronn laughed off that scratch did not look like it would turn out well.

May not be Bronn dying though. Possibly its Jamie having to bargain for an antidote.

In a strange way D&D have done us a favor in putting on screen a story that is unrecognizable from the books. You can't spoil a story you're not telling.

The books don't make much sense at this point. Too many characters for TV to follow, too many disparate plots. Consolidating the Brienne/Sansa/Bolton plotlines makes perfect sense.

I also suspect that For The Watch is going to be the season cliffhanger. D&D have taken a strong line on not using undead characters, resurrected characters, etc. But they also did the same with no use of prophecies until the opening scene of this season. So they break a rule of theirs going in, break a bigger rule going out.

Leaving everyone with a cliffhanger puts book readers and the unsullied on the same footing.

Only thing that would change it is if GRRM manages to finish The Winds of Winter by August. That would allow a heroic effort by the printers to get the book out for the opening of Season 6.

I am most worried about how the current Sansa situation will unfold. I want Theon to redeem himself, but unlike with Jayne, I don't want Sansa to be once again rescued by someone other than herself. I don't want her to keep relying on others. There's also the whole Brienne storyline which I wish they would have dropped. If Brienne doesn't "save" Sansa what's her purpose?

I think its going to take a group effort to break out.

Brienne is going to take out Stannis.

Could very well be the case. I am not sure about either the candle or Myranda's role. It looks like she is in with Ramsay's sadism but she isn't necessarily in it for love, it might just be survival. She has seen Ramsay murder his previous women after getting 'bored' with them. Sansa is a rival but Myranda's true goal could be escape.

Here are my predictions:

Episode 7: Margaery imprisoned and Cersei accused, Jon leaving for Hardhome and Sam escaping Castle Black, Stannis struggling through the snowy road, Ramsay continuing to be creepy while Sansa tries to reason with Theon, Jaime tries to make Myrcella leave Trystane, Tyrion meets Dany

Episode 8: Arya kills Meryn Trant, Sansa meets up with Brienne, Cersei's trial, Jon fights the White Walkers at Hardhome, Jaime meets up with Doran

Episode 9: Daenerys declares war on Westeros, Jorah in the fighting pits, Jon returns with the Wildlings and mutiny occurs, Cersei's champion makes an appearance, Jon's parentage is revealed by Aemon (probably to Sam on a boat to Braavos/Oldtown)

Episode 10: Daenerys meets the Dothraki, Arya goes blind, Doran's masterplan is unveiled, Stannis reaches Winterfell, Sansa and Theon escape, Brienne is somehow involved in either of the latter two

Season 6: Daenerys goes to Westeros, Stannis heads south, the Martells head north, hell breaks loose

Season 7: the White Walkers attack the Wall and invade Westeros, hell freezes, Jon saves the day

Edit: spelling

What would fun if it happened but probably won't:

- Jonathan Pryce and Dame Diana Rigg have sex on an altar of the Seven - alternatively the High Sparrow could also personally torture Olenna to help her see 'the light'.

- Tommen is going on a walk of shame since he is perhaps the most unbelievable character in this entire show, with D&D in cameo roles to make up for this crap.

- Arya kills 'Mace Tyrell' in Braavos.

- Myranda kills Sansa.

- Stannis kills Brienne in single combat.

- Bronn has sex with all three Sand Snakes combined (that's actually quite likely to happen, now that I think about it for a moment).

- Grey Worm and Missandei have a child.

- Melisandre has sex with both Roose and Ramsay at the same time while Sansa and Theon watch.

And I'm actually serious about most of this stuff as getting stuff which does not resemble any book story line at all makes you help accept this travesty better.

Looking at the next episode the weather is setting in and winter has finally arrived. To me that means that the candle in the tower will be about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

It looks like Maester Aemon dies. When Thorne says to Sam you are losing all of your friends, there is a fire which could well be the funeral of Maester Aemon.

Thorne has started hatching the plot to depose Sam and Jon.

After seeing Theon's face during the marriage consummation scene, I think Sansa might be suspicious as to how much of a role Theon actually had in the supposed deaths of Bran and Rickon. Maybe that's why it focused on his face. She was watching. It says she confronts an old friend in the show synopsis. Maybe she questions whether he did kill them.

I think Cersai is in trouble the next episode. The QoT is not going to let her get away with what she has done.

Has Jorah and Tyrion made it to the pits already? Looks like the rocket pack traveling style is affecting Essos too.

Archived